Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*wiggles eyebrows*
In all honesty I think this is a super idea, probs far better than the one I have tbh! :) But it would be a lot of work tho - and with Kelly having a scripted path as it is it would mean a large re-write.

I think for now, I'll just be tweaking the MC to a fem protag as that way I can kick it out fairly quickly and then move on to something fresh. Doesn't change the fact it was a super idea tho :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
View attachment 396303

With my moving to the prettier location choser thingy instead of menu choices in Chapter Two onwards my attention turned to the slight messiness that is Chapter One.
That's a beautiful looking selection screen I have to say.:)

Movement currently in that chapter is slightly confusing and we have a host of clickables in that one chapter only.
Ah yes, the very first real critical feedback of the game, written by none other than me.:p

I've found as I go on that clickables don't really suit the game very well to my mind - plus it's code I can easily bugger up - so I haven't touched them since.

So I'm thinking of dropping the clickable stuff entirely, throwing out the weird little talk and movement boxes and replacing them with something simpler. The above model would be more consistent with how the rest of the game would be going forwards for example so that makes sense from that perspective alone.
I totally agree with this. If you don't plan to do this system again it makes no sense keeping it in Chapter One. Simplifying and streamlining it with the rest of the game sounds like a good decision.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
In all honesty I think this is a super idea, probs far better than the one I have tbh! :) But it would be a lot of work tho - and with Kelly having a scripted path as it is it would mean a large re-write.

I think for now, I'll just be tweaking the MC to a fem protag as that way I can kick it out fairly quickly and then move on to something fresh. Doesn't change the fact it was a super idea tho :)
I figured as much, just thought it would be an interesting concept. Kelly being there, with her own mission, which may or may not conflict or coincide with her brothers' mission. Kelly, who does come from the Intrepid, so might know why the Intrepid handle certain things in a specific manner. Who might have more information about Ophion, the station and the crew, just because she already spent more time there.
And then suddenly her brother walks in, while she is under certain orders, and might have to figure out why the Vanguard is there, and what the orders of the people on board are. And there are two officers of equal rank on board, which of the two should she focus on?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I figured as much, just thought it would be an interesting concept. Kelly being there, with her own mission, which may or may not conflict or coincide with her brothers' mission. Kelly, who does come from the Intrepid, so might know why the Intrepid handle certain things in a specific manner. Who might have more information about Ophion, the station and the crew, just because she already spent more time there.
And then suddenly her brother walks in, while she is under certain orders, and might have to figure out why the Vanguard is there, and what the orders of the people on board are. And there are two officers of equal rank on board, which of the two should she focus on?
That sounds more like an alternative version of the game as a FeMC redo, the concept is very interesting though and would allow Notty to fill out the MC a bit more. It would more deserve its own game though imo.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Easter eggs will still be in. Just in the way there are in Three etc. I note that not everyone has found them yet...
I would not know in some cases it was an Easter egg even, I did recognize the red dead redemption joke and more saw it just as that, so I might have found more as I would think without realizing it. Some others I would miss though since would miss the background to get them. :p

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
In all honesty I think this is a super idea, probs far better than the one I have tbh! :)
It's how I plan to have female protagonist option in my project. As an expansion after it's finished. Totally different character on the other side of the story.

One core element of my concept is two "factions" competing against each other, so while the male MC tells what happens on one side, the female MC would be from the other. :)

However, to get *cough* back to your game, I agree that changing Kelly into a second protagonist would too much work. This is something that would need to be planned early to make the best of it, in my opinion. But, I like your approach just as much, as it still will be distinct enough from the male option to warrant a playthrough or 100.:)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes