Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
The difference between those two is even more impressive since, as you said, you've already reworked on this specific piece before. Yet, the lighting, the composition, the setting of the room, everything is leagues ahead! (And my little Scottish redhead loveGruder is there as well, which is a big plus <3)
Edit: You know @Nottravis you have improved so much it makes it hard for us to find new superlatives to appreciate it, you meanie. :p
*beams proudly* I know, right? :)

The odd thing is I have no idea why! Well, I mean, yes I know what I've done to change them of course - but just not sure why it's suddenly clicked. Probs an accumulation of this, that and the other that I've learned on individual scenes (especially from the work on Four) that I'm now able to apply to the earlier stuff. But, I'll be honest, I'm surprising myself with some of them.

There is also a little sense of "Fuck it. Let's just see how good I can make it and sod the time" which is helping as I spend more time of set dressing etc.

But here's the odd thing. I'm rendering faster too. Those two examples? The first basic one took 40 minutes. The complex one only around 25. I suspect it's the impact of lighting. Certainly the "Lounge of doom" is no quite so "doomy." It used to take nearly two hours to do a lounge scene. Now, without chars, closer to 30 minutes.

With Daz, lighting is absolutely sodding everything...

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Interesting. I thought the Intrepid was doing the slingshot trip to reach Phoebe since both are Earth like planets capable of supporting human life and should be close to each other (inside the star's habitable zone).
Understandable as, again, I didn't really go into it into a lot of depth as I feared it would bore the crap out of people (remember they're weren't exactly an awful lot of complex VN plots going around when I launched...).

But Phoebe is in a diffo system. It's why they didn't find Phoebe -until- they'd set up on Ophion. Hence all the base reshuffling going on. Notty's big book of lore has it to be a two month trip from Ophion to Phoebe.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

The odd thing is I have no idea why! Well, I mean, yes I know what I've done to change them of course - but just not sure why it's suddenly clicked. Probs an accumulation of this, that and the other that I've learned on individual scenes (especially from the work on Four) that I'm now able to apply to the earlier stuff. But, I'll be honest, I'm surprising myself with some of them.

There is also a little sense of "Fuck it. Let's just see how good I can make it and sod the time" which is helping as I spend more time of set dressing etc.

But here's the odd thing. I'm rendering faster too. Those two examples? The first basic one took 40 minutes. The complex one only around 25. I suspect it's the impact of lighting. Certainly the "Lounge of doom" is no quite so "doomy." It used to take nearly two hours to do a lounge scene. Now, without chars, closer to 30 minutes.

You make me feel absolutely pathetic at this, the more I see, the more worry about how bad my stuff is going to look when I get that far... XD

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Understandable as, again, I didn't really go into it into a lot of depth as I feared it would bore the crap out of people (remember they're weren't exactly an awful lot of complex VN plots going around when I launched...).

But Phoebe is in a diffo system. It's why they didn't find Phoebe -until- they'd set up on Ophion. Hence all the base reshuffling going on. Notty's big book of lore has it to be a two month trip from Ophion to Phoebe.
This is why having that kind of info in the PDA for the people who want to read it was a great way to go.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
You make me feel absolutely pathetic at this, the more I see, the more worry about how bad my stuff is going to look when I get that far... XD
Just remember that my stuff, now in retrospect, was awful - and people still liked it. Some of the earlier reviews actually gave me little nods of praise on the graphics.

What you're seeing here is not that the old graphics were bad - just that the new ones are so much better.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018

Yeah, be proud!:love:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Just remember that my stuff, now in retrospect, was awful - and people still liked it. Some of the earlier reviews actually gave me little nods of praise on the graphics.

What you're seeing here is not that the old graphics were bad - just that the new ones are so much better.
Even your old stuff makes me inadequate. :sneaky:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
*eyes...slowly...*
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Finally you admit it! You didn't suddenly become good, you were good and became better! :D

*gasps in hurt!*
So, you don't deny it?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Where did the capitalization and the "py" come from, anyway?
It comes from you being frantically happy when you read it?:whistle: And I capitalize everyone whether they like it or not. If I decapitalize someone it's a sign of me being terribly offended. :cool:

Does this mean we're chums?
Why not. We're all Notty's Bitches, aren't we? :giggle:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
*eeps!*

They're not -that- good!
Did you have someone else write them for you?:unsure:

Oooh! Didn't expect sexy talk in the morning.:whistle:

Just because you went from great to excellent doesn't devaluate old stuff.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
To make it clear, who (in the main Team) is on the same time zone and the time difference based on GMT:

frap, TheDevian: GMT -8(Pacific Standard Time or PST) +1(summertime or Daylight Saving Time or DST)

Nottravis, Avaron1974, I'm Not Thea Lundgren!(aka TotesNotThea aka TNT ;)): GMT(or UTC) +1(summertime(British Summer Time or BST))

DA22, Huitieme, Akamari: GMT +1(Central European Time or CET) +1(summertime)

At the end of October, don't ask me about summertime ends... it will be a shit storm to know who is back first in phase with the sun, like every years!:ROFLMAO:

Clear, no?o_O

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Nice. Now you are making me wonder how many light years apart they are. :unsure:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes