Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I can't say I dislike this one. Good choice even if I did like it better longer.
Thanks. Sadly no "hair longer" slider on this one, which is a bugger :(

Erm... While I really like the remastered stuff you've done (no, really, fantastic work!) I'm not a fan of the new hairstyle on Amanda, sorry. It doesn't come across as "Amanda", I know we've only seen here in a couple of scenes, but the whole covering her face/eye doesn't look professional in my eyes. :unsure: Of course... if this is just a promo shot of her looking sultry (she totes does BTW) then cool, I just thought I would give my opinion for what's it's worth. :) PS She still looks her age and I would totes ban.. I mean take her out for a lovely meal in the mess hall! :whistle:;)

Having said all of this of course, after having a few scenes with her in CH4, her old look will be old news and no-one will ever look back! :) I mean can anyone remember what Snickers used to be called in the UK? The old name is coming back this year for a limited time!
*nods nods*

Well the hair does move :) *considers this somewhat important!*

But no, not a promo of her looking sultry - well, if we accept that when she has hair down she's -not- trying to look sultry. Opinion may be divided on that. :). No sultry glamour looks more like this I think for her...

amandaglam.png

But, I take the point. Sadly there is little I can do about it. I mean, you've all seen me try to replicate the (and if you look at some of the promo pics you can see what I mean about the painted on effect) but with no joy. Certainly not to a standard that would be acceptable and especially not when stood next to someone else.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

*nods nods*

But no, not a promo of her looking sultry - well, if we accept that when she has hair down she's -not- trying to look sultry. Opinion may be divided on that. :). No sultry glamour looks more like this I think for her...

View attachment 420979

But, I take the point. Sadly there is little I can do about it. I mean, you've all seen me try to replicate the (and if you look at some of the promo pics you can see what I mean about the painted on effect) but with no joy. Certainly not to a standard that would be acceptable and especially not when stood next to someone else.
Yeah, that is frustrating, but now she has that sexy teacher thing going on... so win! :love:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

*nods nods*

View attachment 420979

Well, finding good hair is hard enough. It has to be the right hairdo, with the right asset quality, etc. Changing them mid-production is also a nightmare, so with all this, I still think this is a good job.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That depends on your path...

Some of you won't meet her I suspect.

Edit: Has a little list of those she suspects won't...
That list could be very informative an quite spoilerish I suspect. :p

I can't see any reason why the marines, or indeed anyone else, would even come down to Ophion tbh. Mot much is happening - other than MC not finding any faults...
Now whose fault is that, except for the fact he is surrounded by a bunch of gorgeous women? oh right that last part is the same persons fault I guess. ;)

Most of you are on various lists...
Hope also on the birthday gift and X-mas postcards lists. :)

I'D BURN THE WHOLE STATION TO THE GROUND IF NEEDED!!
Good chance I will do that anyway, the problem with zippo lighters. One should not drop them when lighted and then forget about them ...... :whistle:

Well, I sure am only on the good children list *nods knowingly*
-Teases Huity- Well at least you got the children part right ..........

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well nice pic, but I am in the 6ft club and darkish Blonde. So guess if I would be identified in that line-up I guess I would have a pretty good case to claim my *false innocence* in court. :ROFLMAO:

So will I. :)

Oh some of you won't go near some endings. I'm sure of that. If you're that invested in the chars and storylines as you seem to be, then when it comes to choosing, let's say "sides" for shorthand and spoiler avoidance, you won't be able to just go "right, now let's see what happens if...". Or at least that's my belief and hope.

Partly because of the logistics of it all. Are you really going to have 116 paths saved? Doubtful. But mainly because emotionally I just don't think you'll be able to casually flick from one to the other as we progress. At least not, if I do my job right.

No. My goal is to hardwire you down a path - and make you take the consequences of your choices...
Will be interesting to see how that plays out with some of us role playing and others possibly using the game to let some darker sides of them have some fun, that they would normally control. :p

I can confirm that the marine detachment knows as much about this mission as the MC.
Which basically means that other know much more. :unsure:

They might not :)

All depends! *is helpful*
Sure as helpful as an innocent little sister pushing her unwitting brother into an ice cold pool with a sneaky attack from the back. :ROFLMAO:

Only about 10 are on topic though.
That many? you must not have been posting much lately then. :p

She's not, she's totes innocent
Of course of course, just keep repeating that sentence and maybe it will become truth. :p

Thank you :)

I know it's slowed down things even more as I've reworked their skins but you can see why now, yes?

If I'm going to remaster it, well sod it. Let's really -remaster- it!
True, any damage that might result has already been done anyway, so best to do it as well as you can. :love:

Right.....so let's talk about Amanda.

One of the plus and minuses of upgrading skins and environments and assets generally is that other assets that used to look good/fine no longer do.

This applies especially to Walker's hair. I -loved- the style she had for hair down but sadly it just doesn't have enough strands and so now looks very false, especially in relit scenes. I've tried a shit-ton of stuff on it but it is, I'm afraid, no go.

So, as you've seen, I've been experimenting with all sorts of other hairs to replicate it and again, with no great joy. So, sadly, I'm afraid that look for her hair has to go.

Say, hi to new Amanda...

View attachment 420909

As a look I think it works for her tho!
She is still beautiful, though I agree slightly with the eye part. Also as a man who has been looking at women for a long time and have them seen go through loads of hairstyles over the years I do suspect a longer hairstyle would suit Amanda better. Hard to say though that would be practical on a research station and your call anyway. :p

Sorry by lack of strands on the old hair, I meant lack of detail. It looked plastic due to those lack of strands - like it was painted on her head :(

The new lighting rigs made it really noticeable sadly. Noted re the Linda tip, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing that. I wouldn't want to find myself in a "Milf" war y'know?
I am sorry to say that you have failed in that case, Amanda is defo a MILF. :p (Even if the M part is debatable if I remember a certain convo with her correctly).

Oh don't worry about disagreeing with me on this :)

I'm amazed that there has been less objection to the remaster work tbh as, understandably, you all want to play Four and not see me pratting around like this.

On the other hand seven new chapters that look, to my mind, aces as opposed to "ok" will be so much better for you (I hope!)
Well of course we want to play, annoy and tease you as much as possible. :p (well I do at least) Remember to most of us in this thread you being happy and content with your work is as or more important as instant gratification of our needs. Does not mean we are not curious and want to see 4, but we can live with that. :)

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well, finding good hair is hard enough. It has to be the right hairdo, with the right asset quality, etc. Changing them mid-production is also a nightmare, so with all this, I still think this is a good job.
*nods nods*

Given the amount of characters and re-skinning done, to have just one change probs isn't too bad overall. Thankfully Kelly was always up for a change of hair in-game anyway after the fight with Chris so.... at least any howls of anguish will be plot driven :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

*nods nods*

View attachment 420979

Somehow I would be very surprised if Amanda would not know how to look sultry when she wishes. Ok considering her busy career and being shut away on that station she might have to remember a bit farther back though. :p

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

*nods nods*

View attachment 420979

Oh my, she looks quite a bit different in this picture :oops: Almost like she's telling me off for criticizing her hair before

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes