Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Yes and no more close-ups to be ashamed of, thinking about the Annie and Sarah's one that has started all skins rework... Well done!:)
That one image kicked off the whole skin thing oddly enough - well that and Sarah looking a bit rubbish in water. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out a bit over how long it's taken to get them right - but on the other hand.....they do look rather good :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Right.....so let's talk about Amanda.

One of the plus and minuses of upgrading skins and environments and assets generally is that other assets that used to look good/fine no longer do.

This applies especially to Walker's hair. I -loved- the style she had for hair down but sadly it just doesn't have enough strands and so now looks very false, especially in relit scenes. I've tried a shit-ton of stuff on it but it is, I'm afraid, no go.

So, as you've seen, I've been experimenting with all sorts of other hairs to replicate it and again, with no great joy. So, sadly, I'm afraid that look for her hair has to go.

Say, hi to new Amanda...

amandahairtest11.png

As a look I think it works for her tho!

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019

One of the plus and minuses of upgrading skins and environments and assets generally is that other assets that used to look good/fine no longer do.

This applies especially to Walker's hair. I -loved- the style she had for hair down but sadly it just doesn't have enough strands and so now looks very false, especially in relit scenes. I've tried a shit-ton of stuff on it but it is, I'm afraid, no go.

So, as you've seen, I've been experimenting with all sorts of other hairs to replicate it and again, with no great joy. So, sadly, I'm afraid that look for her hair has to go.

Say, hi to new Amanda...

View attachment 420909

This will take some time getting used to.
Of her old hair, I don't think the lack of strands was much of a problem (women too loose hair when they grow older, some actually do even go almost as bald as some men do, though that's pretty rare), the things I found more distracting were the fuzzyness of the tips and the height at the top. Could always steal from ICSTOR and apply some iRay shaders to it?

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017

Say, hi to new Amanda...

View attachment 420909

Unpopular opinion incoming... to me the artistic aspect of Heavy Five was perfect the way it was. Dialogue boxes and renders. However I understand that you as an artisan, may wish to reach higher heights and surprising I can't imagine my life without the re-mastered version.. I guess it's like when Scarpia sings that he's dying for 40 minutes vs him singing "muoio" for two weeks.. the former is impressive, the latter is satisfying

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
This will take some time getting used to.
Of her old hair, I don't think the lack of strands was much of a problem (women too loose hair when they grow older, some actually do even go almost as bald as some men do, though that's pretty rare), the things I found more distracting were the fuzzyness of the tips and the height at the top. Could always steal from ICSTOR and apply some iRay shaders to it?
Sorry by lack of strands on the old hair, I meant lack of detail. It looked plastic due to those lack of strands - like it was painted on her head :(

The new lighting rigs made it really noticeable sadly. Noted re the Linda tip, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing that. I wouldn't want to find myself in a "Milf" war y'know?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Unpopular opinion incoming... to me the artistic aspect of Heavy Five was perfect the way it was. Dialogue boxes and renders. However I understand that you as an artisan, may wish to reach higher heights and surprising I can't imagine my life without the re-mastered version.. I guess it's like when Scarpia sings that he's dying for 40 minutes vs him singing "muoio" for two weeks.. the former is impressive, the latter is satisfying
Oh don't worry about disagreeing with me on this :)

I'm amazed that there has been less objection to the remaster work tbh as, understandably, you all want to play Four and not see me pratting around like this.

On the other hand seven new chapters that look, to my mind, aces as opposed to "ok" will be so much better for you (I hope!)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Say, hi to new Amanda...

View attachment 420909

heart.jpg
Her hair have changed, this is true, but there is something about her eye(s) in this render... I don't think I need to make myself clearer :D

Regarding the hairdo, I have no objection. As you've said, we've only met her once with this style, and although it was quite the impactful meeting, I don't doubt it'll work even better with the new light, the new hair, the new everything.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018

Say, hi to new Amanda...

View attachment 420909

Hi Amanda, please to meet you... I have so many questions to ask you, can we go to your office for a very long chat?:geek:

So seriously, she is still the Amanda i remember. The new hair and hair style gives her something more appealing imo... hmm, sexier, no?:)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Say, hi to new Amanda...

View attachment 420909

Not bad, it still works, but IMO the least appealing of all you've shown us. There are two things I don't like. First, it hides one third of her face, including her eye. I think being able to see both her eyes works much better for her (and you already have Annie kinda going for the same thing). Second, it makes her look "average" with respect of what is a common hairstyle for 40+ year old women in adult games. Where she looked unique, she's now more standard (still far more beautiful than others tho!).

I understand the reason for not keeping the original, but I'm not sure if I will get the same "wow" impact I had when seeing her in the moonlight.

That said, I'm fine with whatever you'll be happy with. After all, it's Amanda's choice (yours in extension) how she does her hair.:)

Could always steal from ICSTOR and apply some iRay shaders to it?
Worst suggestion ever, no offence.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Not bad, it still works, but IMO the least appealing of all you've shown us. There are two things I don't like. First, it hides one third of her face, including her eye. I think being able to see both her eyes works much better for her (and you already have Annie kinda going for the same thing). Second, it makes her look "average" with respect of what is a common hairstyle for 40+ year old women in adult games. Where she looked unique, she's now more standard (still far more beautiful than others tho!).

I understand the reason for not keeping the original, but I'm not sure if I will get the same "wow" impact I had when seeing her in the moonlight.

That said, I'm fine with whatever you'll be happy with. After all, it's Amanda's choice (yours in extension) how she does her hair.:)

Worst suggestion ever, no offence.:rolleyes:
*nods nods nods*

I'd have preferred to have kept it the same myself but I've spent nearly two days in trying to get the same look, and sadly I just have to cut my losses on this one.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Sorry by lack of strands on the old hair, I meant lack of detail. It looked plastic due to those lack of strands - like it was painted on her head :(

The new lighting rigs made it really noticeable sadly. Noted re the Linda tip, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing that. I wouldn't want to find myself in a "Milf" war y'know?
Notty, sweet innocent Notty, bless your tiny socks... if you didn't want to be dragged into a Milf war, you should have never made that pregnant Sarah render...now you're defending the flag against waves of shower-peeping-solarpanel-cleaners

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Only about 10 are on topic though.
And whose fault would that be? :whistle::rolleyes: I know, I know... It's all Notty's fault for leading you astray! :devilish:

Say, hi to new Amanda...

View attachment 420909

Erm... While I really like the remastered stuff you've done (no, really, fantastic work!) I'm not a fan of the new hairstyle on Amanda, sorry. It doesn't come across as "Amanda", I know we've only seen here in a couple of scenes, but the whole covering her face/eye doesn't look professional in my eyes. :unsure: Of course... if this is just a promo shot of her looking sultry (she totes does BTW) then cool, I just thought I would give my opinion for what's it's worth. :) PS She still looks her age and I would totes ban.. I mean take her out for a lovely meal in the mess hall! :whistle:;)

Having said all of this of course, after having a few scenes with her in CH4, her old look will be old news and no-one will ever look back! :) I mean can anyone remember what Snickers used to be called in the UK? The old name is coming back this year for a limited time!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Say, hi to new Amanda...

View attachment 420909

Ah, was going to say, if there just were not enough strands, could try doubling down, but that wasn't your problem anyway... XD

I can't say I dislike this one. Good choice even if I did like it better longer.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes