zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I am sorry if I overlooked a question and answer, but I can't find an answer to this question: will there be a repair for losing the Aly plane arrival scene in 1.7.0? The problem has been fixed in 1.7.1, but if you already had it in 1.7.0 it seems a bit harsh to have to start over for just that one scene. I lost another arrival scene due to the bug, but that can be solved the classic way by sending the girl off the island and recalling her. But the classic way does not work for the plane arrival scene.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
There is no bug. It's random. By doing anything at all, no matter what, the random value calculation gets changed. That's all. It has nothing at all to do with the new pill. No matter how much you want it to. It's not related. Feel free to check the code if you don't believe me.
I didn't intend to doubt you. My apologies if you understood it that way. But what seemed to be happening was really confusing.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
how do you get the jennifer come to terrace because i am just curious to know that.
If you read the entire post, Jennifer visits you on the terrace as part of the conclusion of her transformation story which will be part of the upcoming release of 0.1.7.3.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I am sorry if I overlooked a question and answer, but I can't find an answer to this question: will there be a repair for losing the Aly plane arrival scene in 1.7.0? The problem has been fixed in 1.7.1, but if you already had it in 1.7.0 it seems a bit harsh to have to start over for just that one scene. I lost another arrival scene due to the bug, but that can be solved the classic way by sending the girl off the island and recalling her. But the classic way does not work for the plane arrival scene.
Rather dislike messing with game variables, but since it is a bug that has cost you it,
This will fix it.

aly.add_event_seen("Arrival_planegirl")

This said, I do believe we need to prepare for not getting all achievements in a run.
Holiday Island was intended to run 3 months as Joy states in the intro.

But since we currently are in the development phase no enddate ingame exists.

Darkhound has been very nice about adding things in a way that allows us to use infinite time to grab all achievements.

So people have come to expect that they can get all of them and not being able to being a bug or unintended.

That is as Darkhound has already stated not the case.
Ultimately some choices can exclude other choices.

Last edited:

Brian Cohen

Aug 2, 2017
I get an error message when I go to Heather's room late at night and after she shows me her lingerie (just before sex starts, so convenient!):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Brian Cohen

Aug 2, 2017
And with the 0.7.2 patch, the error starts already when you load a previous save, and then all the time. For me, there hasn't been any update really.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
And with the 0.7.2 patch, the error starts already when you load a previous save, and then all the time. For me, there hasn't been any update really.
Well you certainly got that part right.
For you there has not been any update.

Darwin-15.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.7.0

You post an 1.7.0 for something fixed in 1.7.1.

And while I try to avoid being rude, you did whine and spammed a second post on it not adding anything constructive.
Which is one of those situations that lead Bantry to run the "reading is hard" post.

---------

Okay, so are there any bugs related to Heaters in a fresh install 1.7.2?
Spending some testing on said fresh install 1.7.2 showed that yes, there is actually at least 1 bug for Heathers event.

- Loading a 1.6.2 game directly into Heaters event produced an error

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Use Windows ! Hahahahahahaaarggghhhh
Yeah, I got nothing to help you beside that shaming OS jab.

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Use Windows ! Hahahahahahaaarggghhhh
If thats my windows you refer to then : Yes Yes, I know, Legacy systems tend to distress later generations and what not :) Complementary comfort cookies for everybody!

Being an old IT guy, I can offer several remedies to restore mental calm to those suffering from software microaggressions,

- I can load up my old Unix and comment on Linux being a low effort knock off if that helps?
- Or maybe if Apple, ponder the dilemma of the average consumer being a pro-everything, yet still buying human misery chinese sweatshop bamboo
- Heck I can even pull out an centOS and Redhat and start a two way conversation, where the Redhat calls the centOS a cheap skate freeloader.

I should probably also recycle some boxes and disks now and then.
Heck I probably have an 85mb WD with bad blocks somewhere still.

:p

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Rather dislike messing with game variables, but since it is a bug that has cost you it,
This will fix it.

aly.add_event_seen("Arrival_planegirl")

This said, I do believe we need to prepare for not getting all achievements in a run.
Holiday Island was intended to run 3 months as Joy states in the intro.

But since we currently are in the development phase no enddate ingame exists.

Darkhound has been very nice about adding things in a way that allows us to use infinite time to grab all achievements.

So people have come to expect that they can get all of them and not being able to being a bug or unintended.

That is as Darkhound has already stated not the case.
Ultimately some choices can exclude other choices.
Thanks for the fix.
Just curious, are there any known exclusions right now or is Darkhound just planning to do that?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
@duckswimming lol , not at all, it was just a poor joke about the guy getting an error on Darwin OS :)
Don't pay attention, my humor is improbable and my jokes random :)

Edit : and as one of the most insightful guy on this thread, I would have treated you with a witter reply than "use Windows hahahahahah" :)

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
@duckswimming lol , not at all, it was just a poor joke about the guy getting an error on Darwin OS :)
Don't pay attention, my humor is improbable and my jokes random :)
Damn, so I wasted a-material on something that was not even to me. doh :D

@zapallbugs We only know what Darkhound has indicated in various contexts. Which is exclusions are neither planned nor ruled out. It'll happen as best fits the vision for the game and its implementation into code. (no other exclusion is currently known nor announced)

Last edited:

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
How come your guide doesn't explain how to start the semen vial doctor quest or whatever that is?

OMG, all you're supposed to do is left click the doctor.

The game should emphasize this. I played for hours without doing this. So stupid. No way I'm going to sub to this patreon. The game needs a in game guide & tutorial.
His guide is basically 39 pages of filler and telling you to not play the game. Not sure why they even bothered sticking that shit in the first page.

4.00 star(s) 212 Votes