Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
It's been around 3 months since I last played this game, and decided to give it a go again... Other then the new house visuals/navigation, some new items to pickup, and the achievement system, I'm not seeing a whole lot of improvements or new content... The old bugs have been replaced by new bugs, with several of them being game breaking... I'm really not impressed for the moment... I expected more content in the house, especially since this is following a typical day cycle relationship grinding game... Only time I ran into any characters in the house, is first thing in the mornings... And the bugs causing game play to halt most of the time... I went ahead and updated my review...
Well... the phone has a power-button, on the right side, where you find an actual power-button on most phones. That will click it off. There is a new help-system for in-game menus and such on the latest release, and the power-button and home-button has gotten a little more prominent on hover, so they're easier to see.

Not experienced the problem with the garage / bike-repair, so can't comment on that (I'm assuming you were running the 0.021.5 bugfix version, not the 0.021, so it would be helpful if you could share a link with the traceback for the error, if possible.

There has been several complaints about the random event-system, which has mostly been removed for the latest release, replaced by a little more linear event-progression.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well... the phone has a power-button, on the right side, where you find an actual power-button on most phones. That will click it off. There is a new help-system for in-game menus and such on the latest release, and the power-button and home-button has gotten a little more prominent on hover, so they're easier to see.

Not experienced the problem with the garage / bike-repair, so can't comment on that (I'm assuming you were running the 0.021.5 bugfix version, not the 0.021, so it would be helpful if you could share a link with the traceback for the error, if possible.

There has been several complaints about the random event-system, which has mostly been removed for the latest release, replaced by a little more linear event-progression.
It was the bugfix version, and it happened in the evening... I don't have the game installed anymore, as I had no reason to keep it installed, so I have no way of getting the traceback unless I decide to reinstall it... Sorry...

As to the phone, it's good to hear you're making it easier to find, as most of these games with cell phones do not go for realism for the power button... I honestly did not see the power button and I tried to hover my mouse all over the thing trying to find something that would turn it off... Perhaps adding the ESC key as an option of getting out of it might help as well?

As to the event-progression, the only event I ran into was getting to school late and going through the quick detention... Not sure what your plans are for having more character interactions in the house during other parts of the day, because for that first week of game-play, the game feels very content light, with only seeing characters first thing in the morning...

Reactions: Studio Errilhl

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
It was the bugfix version, and it happened in the evening... I don't have the game installed anymore, as I had no reason to keep it installed, so I have no way of getting the traceback unless I decide to reinstall it... Sorry...

As to the phone, it's good to hear you're making it easier to find, as most of these games with cell phones do not go for realism for the power button... I honestly did not see the power button and I tried to hover my mouse all over the thing trying to find something that would turn it off... Perhaps adding the ESC key as an option of getting out of it might help as well?

As to the event-progression, the only event I ran into was getting to school late and going through the quick detention... Not sure what your plans are for having more character interactions in the house during other parts of the day, because for that first week of game-play, the game feels very content light, with only seeing characters first thing in the morning...
Next Patreon release (ver. 0.023), public on... lemme think... March 9th, will contain both the ESC-key for closing the phone (and the tablet, for that matter, and probably a few other screens as well), and a lot of new progression-events as well. I'm guessing you will probably hold out for a release or two beyond that, but at least the progression will be bi-weekly in the foreseeable future :) (A release every other week, with the public/F95 release one release behind the Patreon release).

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Next Patreon release (ver. 0.023), public on... lemme think... March 9th, will contain both the ESC-key for closing the phone (and the tablet, for that matter, and probably a few other screens as well), and a lot of new progression-events as well. I'm guessing you will probably hold out for a release or two beyond that, but at least the progression will be bi-weekly in the foreseeable future :) (A release every other week, with the public/F95 release one release behind the Patreon release).
It's usually what I do, unless there is a hefty amount of content added in each update... I try to give a product time to work out issues and generate additional playable content, before I revisit a game... There really wasn't mush content added between the versions I tried this go around, but it seemed as though there was enough changes to at least see if things had improved... I did like the house changes, but just didn't see much additional content at all since the first play through... And I'm fully aware it takes time to assemble these things, so I'll be waiting for a bit before trying it again... Best of luck...

Reactions: Studio Errilhl

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Thanks for that. Since most of the quirks are ironed out now, I can spend more time adding actual content, and fixing my todo-list :)

omega512

Feb 14, 2018
I may look stupid for this, but I'm quite confused. How do you do anything in this game? I'm stuck on the first day with 2 pairs of panties & 3 relationship points with the housemate

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Okay...? So, you talked to the housemate, I take it (since you have 3 points)? Then you have the choice to go to sleep, and thereby move to the next day - go to your room, click on the bed, sleep till Sunday, and move on from there.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Okay. New info-post on the Patreon-page: . Basically, from now on, we will try to get a new version out on the 1st and 16th of each month. Given this last month's failure to meet the set dates, due to different circumstances, I've decided to give myself a bit more time with the current release, and do as much as I can to fix and set up different events and content before putting it online on the 1st. I will NOT release version 0.022 as a public release (due to a few bugs present in the version, which won't be possible to fix without rewriting a bit of the underlying code). Therefore, the next public version will be 0.023, which will be available on the 16th of March. Same date as 0.024 gets released to Patrons. As always, it's possible to follow the development and check what is being worked on .

Reactions: N7 and SholBlerk

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
Anyone know the console command for raising Juliette's relationship? I've been stuck at 12.5 for hours.

PS: I just noticed after talking with the sister and earning +2 relationship, it's still stuck at 12.5.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Anyone know the console command for raising Juliette's relationship? I've been stuck at 12.5 for hours.

PS: I just noticed after talking with the sister and earning +2 relationship, it's still stuck at 12.5.
Mkay...? There's no reason it should be stuck at 12.5 - I will check it out. The console command would be fs_rel = XX (XX for whatever you want to put in).

However... looking at the game, and the code, it might seem that the upper current limit for interactions with Juliette won't go past 12.5 (ie, there isn't any more interactions increasing the number). This is gonna be "fixed" (ie, more interactions added) as soon as the next part of the storyline is done. I will set up a overview of the current max-status for each character sometime during the next couple updates (without using console or cheats)

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
There's a new Patreon-release out: . As stated before, I will not update this post with 0.022, due to it being, well, not riddled with, but with a couple game-breaking bugs, which have not been fixed until the latest Patreon release. Hence, for now, this will do. Coming next Patreon release, this post will be updated with this release (0.023) and moving forward, this post will continue showing the current public release.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
cheats will be shift + o then type " cheat = True " or shift + d for more info
That will work, yes - you can then modify the stats for each individual NPC from the stats-screen. There will be an option for enabling / disabling the cheats in the preferences screen in future updates.

Reactions: dsouliv03

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
If you are out side at 22:00 the game crashes.
Can't store any color panties but for yellow.(Picked up 3 blues, 3 pink and light pink but only yellow show up.)
No pic of sis in many rooms that you get to talk to her.

And the biggest problem is no alarm clock and I hate to be late for anything.
So most of the time you have to skip breakfast and relationship with mom to get to school on time.
You go to sleep at 22:00 and you wake up at 8:30 and mom is so mad about you staying up all night and that is just bullshit.
Get an alarm clock or this is the last time I will play this game.

This game is going into my "To buggy to play folder".

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
If you are out side at 22:00 the game crashes.
Can't store any color panties but for yellow.(Picked up 3 blues, 3 pink and light pink but only yellow show up.)
No pic of sis in many rooms that you get to talk to her.

And the biggest problem is no alarm clock and I hate to be late for anything.
So most of the time you have to skip breakfast and relationship with mom to get to school on time.
You go to sleep at 22:00 and you wake up at 8:30 and mom is so mad about you staying up all night and that is just bullshit.
Get an alarm clock or this is the last time I will play this game.

This game is going into my "To buggy to play folder".
Not sure why it would crash outside at 22:00, regardless, that does not happen in the latest version.
The bug with the panties have been fixed (they are stored, they're just not showing up due to a comparison error).
The "too late" bit is reduced quite a bit, and time spent changed in the latest version.
The alarm-clock is coming, but I need to figure out if it should default to always be on, and to have the "arriving too late" at school only happen if you want it to happen. Might just do that, and have you chose to not use it and therefore have the being late-events happen.
The talk-events have been rewritten, so that the events can happen in pretty much any room, based on time and other criteria.

But yeah, the game is in Alpha-state, and will have bugs, unfortunately. However, the late-event isn't really a bug, just a "feature" not being appreciated by all :D But yeah, it should be possible to limit it to chosen potential happenings.

However, as always, my suggestion is waiting a couple of updates to restest. Also, you can follow events both on my and via (if you follow the Discord, Github-updates gets posted there).

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Okay, new

Also, the OP is updated with new download links for HSS 0.023 Alpha

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I will keep the post the way it is currently - I might even remove the direct link to Lewdpatcher if the game gains a bit more traction...
Maybe a bug but anytime I pick up panties in the bathroom then leave and go back in the panties are there again, I can wait 1, 2 even 4 hours and there in there again.

Saw sis in kitchen talked about her problem at school and then I went into the lounge and she was there and said the problem was taken care of and its still 6:30 am in the morning and neither of us went to school yet.

The 2nd word of "mom" should be sister HSS0 2018-03-16 17-53-01-48.jpg

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Yeah, there is a continuation issue in the 0.023 version (or, rather, a couple) - most of these are fixed in the latest Patreon release. You can see a history of bugs, existing bugs and so on on the for the game, along with todo-lists and coming content updates. Note that since we have a fairly frequent update frequency, most times non-game-breaking bugs won't be fixed until the next regular update. Game-breaking bugs (ending in error-messages and so on) will usually receive a hotfix as long as they get reported before a new version is out.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Yeah, there is a continuation issue in the 0.023 version (or, rather, a couple) - most of these are fixed in the latest Patreon release. You can see a history of bugs, existing bugs and so on on the for the game, along with todo-lists and coming content updates. Note that since we have a fairly frequent update frequency, most times non-game-breaking bugs won't be fixed until the next regular update. Game-breaking bugs (ending in error-messages and so on) will usually receive a hotfix as long as they get reported before a new version is out.
Once again being outside at 22:00 crashes the game and here is the traceback log.

Karen said she would come over at 19:00 and never showed up.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes