Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Once again being outside at 22:00 crashes the game and here is the traceback log.

Karen said she would come over at 19:00 and never showed up.
Hm, I know about the Karen-bug, it's semi-fixed (there is a new daytime code in the next release (not the current one) which should fix that 100%).
The outside crash is weird - that should've been fixed in the 0.023 version, but seemingly it isn't. I will make an effort to avoid having archived files in the coming updates, so it's possible to create quick-fixes for these - it's a simple fix (and it has been fixed in 0.024) but it seems it slipped through.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Well woke up at 6 am on Saturday and it said I should go for a ride and when I click on the arrow to go to the beach this is what I get. HSS0 2018-03-16 19-07-07-44.jpg

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Well woke up at 6 am on Saturday and it said I should go for a ride and when I click on the arrow to go to the beach this is what I get. View attachment 78269
THAT one is new... There is probably a missing jump there somewhere. You fixed the bike, and have the option to go to the beach - was it an automated "Let's go to the beach" in the morning? Hm, need to update my test-patterns. Thanks!

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Still have no idea on what to do, at least got to the end on Karen's content and it keeps repeating till now I am well over 100 points with her. HSS0 2018-03-16 19-34-00-55.jpg

Also using the code on the notebook and get a crash to desktop with traceback log.

@Studio Errilhl I thought you was going to give us an alarm clock?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
@Studio Errilhl
Well without a clear idea of what is going on in the game there is no longer any need to try and do anything with the game for now.
We need a walkthrough that let us know whats in the game so we can test it otherwise its a waist of time just grinding day after day and getting nothing new but bugs.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
  • The alarm clock is coming, but it's set for next update, since it would need a bit of reconfiguring some daily starting events, to make it at least possible to sleep in, even with an alarm-clock. That led to changing a bit of logic for exactly how the variables for that worked. It is mostly set, though, and I'm pondering also making it possible to use it for going to specific times in-game (like, if you get a hint/message/dialogue informing you that something will happen in X days, you'd be able to just set that date on the alarm, and go directly there, without having to click per day).
  • There is also a new function for advancing time by clicking on the date, and jumping one day ahead.
  • There is also a new hint-system in game, on the phone, which will give you small bits of information about what you should do next (or, at least what you haven't done yet). The hint-system is flexible enough to be able to work for multiple paths or event-chains.
  • The Karen events doesn't really have an "end" currently (other parts of the story events have gotten higher priority) - I will try to make it at least not repeatable (to the same extent) for the next update.
  • Also, I think both of the issues you reported with the tracebacks are fixed (I've checked it now), also the issue with going to the beach has been fixed, and I will try to get the events that are set for the beach up for the next release, 0.026 at the latest.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
its good but u need more picture of characters so we can see what they look like
That I am aware of. Hopefully my artist will have more time to dedicate to the game the coming month, and there will be more character images and hopefully also a few more lewd scenes :D

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
  • The alarm clock is coming, but it's set for next update, since it would need a bit of reconfiguring some daily starting events, to make it at least possible to sleep in, even with an alarm-clock. That led to changing a bit of logic for exactly how the variables for that worked. It is mostly set, though, and I'm pondering also making it possible to use it for going to specific times in-game (like, if you get a hint/message/dialogue informing you that something will happen in X days, you'd be able to just set that date on the alarm, and go directly there, without having to click per day).
  • There is also a new function for advancing time by clicking on the date, and jumping one day ahead.
  • There is also a new hint-system in game, on the phone, which will give you small bits of information about what you should do next (or, at least what you haven't done yet). The hint-system is flexible enough to be able to work for multiple paths or event-chains.
  • The Karen events doesn't really have an "end" currently (other parts of the story events have gotten higher priority) - I will try to make it at least not repeatable (to the same extent) for the next update.
  • Also, I think both of the issues you reported with the tracebacks are fixed (I've checked it now), also the issue with going to the beach has been fixed, and I will try to get the events that are set for the beach up for the next release, 0.026 at the latest.
Then something else is wrong then, when I played the last time I was able to get more items and booze but now I only get wine and its over 40 bottles.
12.5 rel with sister only after 2 full months of game play going around every hour to every room of the house and no sister.
Shit mom's rel is well over 150 points.
After get the bike done there is no longer a need for the shower so you just walk around the house every hour of the day for 2 months and nothing is happening.
30 bright blue panties, 43 light pink panties, 28 bright pink panties but only 15 yellow panties.
Eat with mom 2 times a day and if late for school I just stay home walking around the house with nothing to do.
Karen says she coming over but it like 3 to 10 days later when she comes over and there is no content with her so it should be blocked until there is more content with her.

So to all new players I would give this one a few more updates and then try it.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
That I am aware of. Hopefully my artist will have more time to dedicate to the game the coming month, and there will be more character images and hopefully also a few more lewd scenes :D
The only lewd scene at this time is sister playing with herself the very first day of play and just peeking at her with soapsuds all over showing nothing.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
That actually reminds me that I was gonna include a max-cap for each character - for some reason that wasn't included in the public build *notes another thing to fix*

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
The only lewd scene at this time is sister playing with herself the very first day of play and just peeking at her with soapsuds all over showing nothing.
That is correct. I have more nude / semi-nudity and such, but the imagery needs to also fit into the storyline :)
The shower-scene will be updated for the coming release, though. I'm also looking into making some animations to liven things up a bit, but that depends entirely on my artist.

Dec 28, 2017
Found something for the motorcylce. It's at 151/150 % Percent and I'm unable to get the key for it.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes