Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

arnel19702017

Dec 5, 2017
so....basically you grind for no real good reason since there is no pay off (yet) at the end of it all at the moment I guess?

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I have an issue. It was working fine at first then when I close the game and reopen it I get this error.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Found something for the motorcylce. It's at 151/150 % Percent and I'm unable to get the key for it.
Hm. The top should be set to 150%, but it shouldn't affect anything. Also, there is no key for the bike. Currently it just works, if it's done (well, it's at least supposed to). Can't you use it? If you can't, can you send me a savefile, and I will have a look at it. You can just post a link here, or the savefile, or send me a link to studioerrilhl@gmail.com

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
I have an issue. It was working fine at first then when I close the game and reopen it I get this error.
Okay...? That's a weird one - have you done anything to the game-files? First of all, the script.rpy should be (in this version) in an .rpa, and should not be modifieable, so it shouldn't suddenly develop an error. Would it be possible for you to zip it up and throw it my way, so I can have a look at it?
This is how those lines should look in the script.rpy file
Screenshot 2018-03-17 15.54.15_cr.png

Ulaered

Aug 15, 2016
This is weird. When i run this game, Windows says 'Windwos protected your PC'.
I have never had this issue for any other Ren'py game. So this is specific to this game.

Anyone else had this issue before? And how to fix this?

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Okay...? That's a weird one - have you done anything to the game-files? First of all, the script.rpy should be (in this version) in an .rpa, and should not be modifieable, so it shouldn't suddenly develop an error. Would it be possible for you to zip it up and throw it my way, so I can have a look at it?
This is how those lines should look in the script.rpy file
View attachment 78410
I used unren.bat script to extract the .rpy files from the .rpa but I didn't modify anything. It just shows those two functions but they don't have anything inside them

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
This is weird. When i run this game, Windows says 'Windwos protected your PC'.
I have never had this issue for any other Ren'py game. So this is specific to this game.

Anyone else had this issue before? And how to fix this?
That happens, when Windows, for some god-forsaken reason thinks the game is a virus or some other malicious program. No real fix, apart from perhaps trying to allow it to run regardless. Normally doesn't happen with stand-alone Windows, though, usually some other third-party security-suite, like McAfee or similar.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
I used unren.bat script to extract the .rpy files from the .rpa but I didn't modify anything. It just shows those two functions but they don't have anything inside them
Yup. Decompiling the .rpyc files leaves those two entries broken, it seems (tested with Unren.bat 0.6 here now).

Solution: don't unren them, or add the following code in the file:
Code:
init 1:
    defineDynamicName fmName:
        name "Anne"
        informal "Anne"
        formal "Anne"
        role "landlady"
        myformal "my landlady"
        yourformal "your landlady"
        myinformal "my landlady"
        yourinformal "your landlady"
    defineDynamicName fsName:
        name "Juliette"
        informal "Jules"
        formal "Juliette"
        role "housemate"
        myformal "my housemate"
        yourformal "your housemate"
        myinformal "my housemate"
        yourinformal "your housemate"
Replacing it with the actual content seems to fix the error

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
There's gonna be a Hotfix out either tomorrow or Monday for the most horrible bugs in the latest release. This will only be available for Patreons for now, but at least the same bugs will be fixed when the updated 0.024 version becomes public (instead of having to wait for the 0.025 update)

Draghough

May 26, 2017
There's gonna be a Hotfix out either tomorrow or Monday for the most horrible bugs in the latest release. This will only be available for Patreons for now, but at least the same bugs will be fixed when the updated 0.024 version becomes public (instead of having to wait for the 0.025 update)
I don't wanna be "that guy" but oh well... here i go
1. You don't seem to realize that with the gofile link you have leaked the patreon 0.024 version already

2. The OP could use some extra editing , updated & version
3. You can reply to multiple posts with the +quote near reply "button" using one post
4. Keep the gwork with the game development :eazyHype:

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
I don't wanna be "that guy" but oh well... here i go
1. You don't seem to realize that with the gofile link you have leaked the patreon 0.024 version already

2. The OP could use some extra editing , updated & version
3. You can reply to multiple posts with the +quote near reply "button" using one post
4. Keep the gwork with the game development :eazyHype:
1. Nope, I didn't. :D
2. I will check and update accordingly
3. I know, I'm just lazy
4. Thanks :)

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Playing the game now, seems fun, but I'm stuck on 2 things. I can't find the patch for making it incest instead of "housemate" / "landlady", and after like day 5 (or whenever your sis gets her school situation resolved) I can't find her in the house to raise my relationship with her. Right now I'm at Anne with Dom 5, Rel 26 and Aro @ 0, Juliette at Dom 0, Rel 12.5 and Aro @ .5

Do you plan on a system to remove the late marks? Right now I have Miss Novak at Dom 1.5, Rel 1 and Aro @ 1, but I don't want to get more tardy slips to potentially "lose" the game.

Also, just now on a Saturday, I checked the bathroom @ 17:00 and Juliette was in there. Did a Triplet run, and came back in the house @ 20:00 and she was still in there. That a bug?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Playing the game now, seems fun, but I'm stuck on 2 things. I can't find the patch for making it incest instead of "housemate" / "landlady", and after like day 5 (or whenever your sis gets her school situation resolved) I can't find her in the house to raise my relationship with her. Right now I'm at Anne with Dom 5, Rel 26 and Aro @ 0, Juliette at Dom 0, Rel 12.5 and Aro @ .5

Do you plan on a system to remove the late marks? Right now I have Miss Novak at Dom 1.5, Rel 1 and Aro @ 1, but I don't want to get more tardy slips to potentially "lose" the game.

Also, just now on a Saturday, I checked the bathroom @ 17:00 and Juliette was in there. Did a Triplet run, and came back in the house @ 20:00 and she was still in there. That a bug?
See at the top where is says "Lewd Patcher" in dark yellow click on that and download the patch for HSS.

Dev is suppose to add an alarm clock and I can't wait for it, both Sat and Sun always wake up at 6 am and Mon - Fri over 80% late for class. (I hate being late for anything.)

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Awesome, Thanks a1! Any ideas on how to progress more with sis? Or just I just need to wait for Ron to send me the hacker's information?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Awesome, Thanks a1! Any ideas on how to progress more with sis? Or just I just need to wait for Ron to send me the hacker's information?
I have no idea at all and still can not get to the beach, just wake up late for school get detention then wake up a 6 am both Sat and Sun then Mon - Fri late to school.
I can get wine over 40 bottles and no end to getting panties and did some homework with some girl that there is no content for.
Your guess is as good as mine is.

The game seems to have a good concept but for now I will wait for 4-6 more updates before trying it again.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Currently, there isn't really any need to raise her relationship (besides getting in her room) - and while she can show up randomly in the house, it will just be for quick "hi, bye" talks. There won't be much new content for Juliette on 0.025, I think, but a bit more interaction will be available (to address the stats, mostly)
Trust me, you will not lose the game - you will only lose a bit of stats with Anne, if you happen to be punished (currently). And yes, the whole system with marks and such is supposed to be expanded on, mostly by Miss Novak ;)

No, not really a bug, just a coincidence (unless it always happen when she's in the bathroom before you go, and come back). The bathroom events are randomly triggered, so it might happen they trigger after eachother - I will have a look sometime further down the line and see if I can add a qualifier, so the bathroom doesn't get occupied twice in a row by the same person, and so on.[/QUOTE]

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
@a1fox3 The alarm clock is in place, and will be useable from 0.025 and out ;) (It will still be possible to get a late start, but the chances are very, very small).

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes