Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

arnel19702017

Dec 5, 2017
yeah kinda sad after all this time, not much stuff to see unless you grind like hell for it and there is not much to see either. like watching a stage play while the curtains are still down so all you hear are voices and crickets...and a school where you conduct classes outside, very out of the box concept :)

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
This latest update (v0.024) is primarily fixes, updating a check list of behind the scenes stuff, replacing some stuff, general tweaking, etc... Feels very much like these latest updates are just mostly tweaking the general game play mechanics/engine modifications, cosmetics, implementing new ideas/concepts, and the list goes on... These are the sorts of things you see more as pre-introduction type updates... Updates the general public usually doesn't need to see until they are all nailed down and a true game introduction is ready for general play, leading into content updates with the occasional fixes/tweaking... No reason to do a revisit play through until the developers start nailing down some real content...

Reactions: a1fox3

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
We really need to know what is in the game so we can look for it but as it stands now very minor things have been added and now some things that was fixed the last time is now broken in this update, IE the bike not showing the achievement.

I am ready to quit playing because Karen show up get relationship with her and now its higher than last update and she still never shows up at 7 pm.
Mom is over 100% and 10% but nothing happens with her.
Sister's no longer adds relationship points.
To many things no longer work like they did on the last update.

And junk like this. View attachment 84346

ADD:
Used charger on phone and it went away and had to hit the charger 2 more times for the phone to show back up in the bedroom and now I have 2 phone icon in my back pack. View attachment 84376
As for Karen never showing up, that should've been fixed in the 0.024 - so that's a bit weird. I will look into it.

The relationship points for Anne and Juliette is a bit wonky, I know, should be fixed in the coming update. There is a bit of a domino-effect from other changes previously.

As for the bike not triggering the achievement - you mean when you reach the completion of the bike repair? It doesn't trigger the achievement? Haven't seen that, but I will check to see if I can reproduce.

Hm... I've not been able to make that happen with the phone. First off, the charge-button should disappear as soon as the phone isn't being carried anymore...

Are you playing from a new start, or did you use a previous savegame? If you used a previous savegame, could you maybe send it to me / link it, so I can test with it?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
As for Karen never showing up, that should've been fixed in the 0.024 - so that's a bit weird. I will look into it.

The relationship points for Anne and Juliette is a bit wonky, I know, should be fixed in the coming update. There is a bit of a domino-effect from other changes previously.

As for the bike not triggering the achievement - you mean when you reach the completion of the bike repair? It doesn't trigger the achievement? Haven't seen that, but I will check to see if I can reproduce.

Hm... I've not been able to make that happen with the phone. First off, the charge-button should disappear as soon as the phone isn't being carried anymore...

Are you playing from a new start, or did you use a previous savegame? If you used a previous savegame, could you maybe send it to me / link it, so I can test with it?
I always start new game in a new update.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
I always start new game in a new update.
Hm, okay - for the phone issue - did you do anything in particular to have that happen? Where you in the bedroom before, or did you click it somewhere else? I've tried clicking it in every location right now, and I can't for the life of me figure out how you managed to do that :D

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hm, okay - for the phone issue - did you do anything in particular to have that happen? Where you in the bedroom before, or did you click it somewhere else? I've tried clicking it in every location right now, and I can't for the life of me figure out how you managed to do that :D
I really don't know I seen the charger and then clicked on it and the phone went to 0 and I could still use it but later on maybe a week or even 2 I click on the charger again 2 times and the phone should up in MC's bedroom again and when I picked it up it add a new icon for it.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
I really don't know I seen the charger and then clicked on it and the phone went to 0 and I could still use it but later on maybe a week or even 2 I click on the charger again 2 times and the phone should up in MC's bedroom again and when I picked it up it add a new icon for it.
I think the word I'm looking for is "spechiul".... :D

I will stress test that a bit, and see if it triggers.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
@Studio Errilhl
The phone problem is fixed so far will keep on testing it during this playthrough.

For the rain you missed 1 set of windows IE: The kitchen windows show sunny skies when it is raining.
HSS 2018-04-04 07-33-57-85.jpg HSS 2018-04-04 07-33-36-17.jpg HSS 2018-04-04 07-33-39-55.jpg

ADD: Can not take a shower at night about 00:00

ADD: Karen came over for the first time and the time was 18:30 and as soon as she leaves it is 05:30 in the morning 1.jpg 2.jpg

I will keep adding to this post until you let me know you seen it then I will make a new post.

It was 21:30 and I went into the garage to past the 30 min then head out to see Cat but crash to desktop happen and here is the traceback log.
Went back into the game and just stand outside to past the time and another crash to desktop with new traceback log.

This is the only interaction with sister after the first day with 0 relationship boost.
1.jpg HSS 2018-04-04 09-05-19-95.jpg 3.jpg

Waisting time in the livingroom and its raining out side and as soon as I hit 22:00 crash again, here is the traceback log.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
For the rain you missed 1 set of windows IE: The kitchen windows show sunny skies when it is raining.
I know, it's on the todo-list :)

ADD: Can not take a shower at night about 00:00
That's actually intentional (although I might change it) - during night-time (ie, after 22:00) the shower isn't available as a clickable button. Might change that, though

ADD: Karen came over for the first time and the time was 18:30 and as soon as she leaves it is 05:30 in the morning
That's an "interesting" mishap - it should add time, but... that was a bit on the heavyhanded side

It was 21:30 and I went into the garage to past the 30 min then head out to see Cat but crash to desktop happen and here is the traceback log.
Went back into the game and just stand outside to past the time and another crash to desktop with new traceback log.
I think both of those are fixed in the latest pre-build. It's a left-over from some name-changes I did, I think (and some missing string-cleaning in the location-function.

This is the only interaction with sister after the first day with 0 relationship boost.
Hm... there should be more interactions with her, I will do some playruns and see. Have you talked to her about her issues with school yet? Or...?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I know, it's on the todo-list :)

That's actually intentional (although I might change it) - during night-time (ie, after 22:00) the shower isn't available as a clickable button. Might change that, though

That's an "interesting" mishap - it should add time, but... that was a bit on the heavyhanded side

I think both of those are fixed in the latest pre-build. It's a left-over from some name-changes I did, I think (and some missing string-cleaning in the location-function.

Hm... there should be more interactions with her, I will do some playruns and see. Have you talked to her about her issues with school yet? Or...?
Yes talk to her the first day that it happen, was thrown to the garage and I went back up to the living room and talked to her and said sorry and got that relationship boost and that is all there is.
See sis every 3-7 days apart to just say hi and nothing else happens with her.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
@Studio Errilhl
Ace Mechanic is still not showing done in the trophy page. HSS 2018-04-04 10-42-03-82.jpg HSS 2018-04-04 10-46-28-74.jpg

Thanks for the alarm clock and after 2 months in game using it, it failed 1 time.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Ace Mechanic is still not showing done in the trophy page.
It's not in the release-version, it's in the prebuild, though.
Thanks for the alarm clock and after 2 months in game using it, it failed 1 time.
Failed, or you overslept? Because the chance is still there to oversleep, when using the alarm clock, it's very small, however, and if you overslept once in two months time, it seems to be working as it should :)

Going through the traceback-errors you posted earlier now, there was a stupid bug with the advance-time functions compared to other ways of changing the scenes, I think they should all be fixed now.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Yes talk to her the first day that it happen, was thrown to the garage and I went back up to the living room and talked to her and said sorry and got that relationship boost and that is all there is.
See sis every 3-7 days apart to just say hi and nothing else happens with her.
Hm. That is a bit weird. You should get more interactions with her, if you've talked to her and she's no longer mad at you. Could you send me your save-game? Because that seems like there is something amiss. You're supposed to talk to her (doesn't really matter when, either in the morning or daytime, and she will mention something about an issue with school, and that she has to go talk to the principal / go see them). After that happens, you will get new things to talk about with her until you end up with talking to Ron and meeting Catherina - After all that is done, then there aren't any more interactions with sis, currently.

I did, however, see a missing relationship status boost, which will also be fixed in the upcoming release.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hm. That is a bit weird. You should get more interactions with her, if you've talked to her and she's no longer mad at you. Could you send me your save-game? Because that seems like there is something amiss. You're supposed to talk to her (doesn't really matter when, either in the morning or daytime, and she will mention something about an issue with school, and that she has to go talk to the principal / go see them). After that happens, you will get new things to talk about with her until you end up with talking to Ron and meeting Catherina - After all that is done, then there aren't any more interactions with sis, currently.

I did, however, see a missing relationship status boost, which will also be fixed in the upcoming release.
Yes I did talk to her about the school problem and meet with the girl and it says that is all there is to it and waiting on update.
Here is the save game.

Also what is the limit of wine and panties you are to collect for the game and is there a limit? HSS 2018-04-04 11-23-24-59.jpg HSS 2018-04-04 11-23-32-80.jpg

Also when does school end for the summer or is that in yet?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

So you remove the old boost for sister when you just say hi in the morning at breakfast and if so that is the one that use to allow you to get enough to enter her room and get more panties, butt plug and into her notepad and such.

So that was removed and we can no longer get above 12.5 in relationship with sister.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes