Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Is there any kind of time table so we know where anyone is, the only NPC's I interact with at home is mom when she wakes MC up and breakfast and only seen the sister 1 time to say MC is sorry.
There aren't any timetables currently, and most interactions are on a random setting (I've gotten feedback that this is annoying, so I will change this in coming versions).

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
All this said, I like where the game goes. Except the flash each time the screen is updated, the new design is easier to understand. Talking about it, you should probably do a quick update just to get ride of the said flash. It's a killing thing for epileptics.
I can't for the life of me see the flashing. It changes abruptly from one loation to another, but there is no flashing / reloading that I can see... This makes it very hard to fix, since I dunno what is wrong :/

Figured it out, was a leftover setting in Renpy that for some reason kept. I will remove the transitions that causes this. But, currently, to "fix" it, you can turn off transitions in the preferences screen, accessible either from the main menu or via the preferences screen on the phone.

Updated the main post with info about this as well

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I can't for the life of me see the flashing. It changes abruptly from one loation to another, but there is no flashing / reloading that I can see... This makes it very hard to fix, since I dunno what is wrong :/
The flashing is the double screen like it is loading twice every time the screen changes.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
There aren't any timetables currently, and most interactions are on a random setting (I've gotten feedback that this is annoying, so I will change this in coming versions).
So every hour we need to just walk around to every room hoping for a random event?

ChippyP

Aug 24, 2016
I get Patreon rules and all that, but any possibility of a version/mod here that isn't plagued with House-Mate Syndrome/HMS?

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
So every hour we need to just walk around to every room hoping for a random event?
No, they're not on timers, they can happen regardless of time of day (as long as it's actually daytime). However, most events are set to specific "times" in that they happen before/after other events - for instance morning events (breakfast, morning interactions) will not happen if it's after 12:00 hours, also if you go to school, those events will only happen there, and again, after you come home, there is a chance for some other events. But they're not set to specific rooms or times.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
The flashing is the double screen like it is loading twice every time the screen changes.
Yes, after trying it on a clean system, I've seen it - a quick fix is turning off transitions in the preferences screen. I will fix this in a bug-update in a day or two.

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
I get Patreon rules and all that, but any possibility of a version/mod here that isn't plagued with House-Mate Syndrome/HMS?
You haven't been paying attention have you...

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Just got and error and here is the traceback for it.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Okay no matter what I do I keep waking up late for school and no way to buy an alarm clock.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
How very visible it is in the installation instructions.

General note, there's an uncensored reference to Juliette being your sister in the intro, may want to do a second pass for the Patreon version next update.
There shouldn't be... I will look into it. There are two different versions of the intro based on whether or not the patch is installed (although, yes, the code contains the original text... I will fix that).

I've also made a separate spoiler-tag for the patch, hopefully that is a better solution than having it in with the installation bit.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Okay no matter what I do I keep waking up late for school and no way to buy an alarm clock.
There isn't :D But that is actually a good idea for next version. Adding an alarm clock to the phone, that is. I will make a note of this, and add it as a way to reduce the chance of oversleeping.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I gave up I don't like being late so will wait till alarm clock or something is done about it.

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
There shouldn't be... I will look into it. There are two different versions of the intro based on whether or not the patch is installed (although, yes, the code contains the original text... I will fix that).

I've also made a separate spoiler-tag for the patch, hopefully that is a better solution than having it in with the installation bit.
May I suggest putting this in the OP.

"With Patreon's current stance on topics such as incest it has had to be removed from the game. However it can be added back with the patch from . Place the patch file in the game directory and enjoy."

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
That's a bug - it shouldn't happen, but you can just click through the options, and it will go away (at least it should). That is not supposed to trigger just by entering the room. Will look into it.
It also happen to the sisters room the next day but will wait for an alarm clock to test this game some more.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes