omimon

Feb 10, 2018
Shit I've dled the demo but I'm stuck on the intro scene since the opening theme is baller as shit and I don't want to turn it off.

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
and thank you, that worked.
now, I need to remember how to get into the .wolf files, thinking about trying my hand at translating, no idea how to go about it though, but I have plenty of free time. any advice from anyone to get me started?
maybe try to contact on ULMF the guy who traslated the game, he could explain how to do it

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Might be worth asking someone who has translated a modern (released 2020 or after) WOLFrpg game, "What tools are you using? Can you share your decryption keys with me?"

You'll probably have to find the "key" to decrypt this game because it is likely a modern version of WOLF rpg, If you're lucky someone posted the key you need in the discussions below or using the software from the 2021 posts will just work without issue.

https://f95zone.to/threads/wolf-rpg-decryptor.16162/page-5
https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-ripping-tutorial-for-game-contents.39350/
well, went through the thread, tried most of the decrypters and keys (in as many combinations as I can think of) still cant break into the file.

will keep trying and maybe get lucky. either way, if I could just get to the point of finding the text used in game, I could start translating (probably badly, but I would make it more understandable then MTL)

saboro

Sep 28, 2019
well, went through the thread, tried most of the decrypters and keys (in as many combinations as I can think of) still cant break into the file.

will keep trying and maybe get lucky. either way, if I could just get to the point of finding the text used in game, I could start translating (probably badly, but I would make it more understandable then MTL)
Give this a try, same key:
https://f95zone.to/threads/wolf-rpg-decryptor.16162/post-6337756

You'll need to change system language for non-unicode programs to Japanese before running the tool or you'll get mojibake filenames in some of the extracted files.

In regards to the translation, I'd wait some time if I were you. The proper release will have major changes and updating the translation will be really tedious, WolfRPG sucks on that front. Besides, other translators may lose interest if the game is already translated/being translated (even if it's a bad one or a MTL).

Sep 6, 2021

I've been fucking about with some decryptors myself and I managed to do it. Used this decryptor. If it still doesn't work then I still have the wolf rpg data folder with all the text and images. So at worst case I'll send 'em over.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Give this a try, same key:
https://f95zone.to/threads/wolf-rpg-decryptor.16162/post-6337756

You'll need to change system language for non-unicode programs to Japanese before running the tool or you'll get mojibake filenames in some of the extracted files.

In regards to the translation, I'd wait some time if I were you. The proper release will have major changes and updating the translation will be really tedious, WolfRPG sucks on that front. Besides, other translators may lose interest if the game is already translated/being translated (even if it's a bad one or a MTL).
hmm, I like to think I'd do a somewhat decent job of translating, and I'd use the demo as a proof of concept, IF I could get into it, using link you provided also doesn't work, but progress(!) it creates a Data folder... thats empty, so gonna boot up my secondary comp thats setup for jap locale (crappy laptop used for awkward games like Kamidori)

*edit* I now have the files, am combing through them, but hey, have some pics :p training_f3.jpg

ending_001_01.png

Last edited:

omimon

Feb 10, 2018
hmm, I like to think I'd do a somewhat decent job of translating, and I'd use the demo as a proof of concept, IF I could get into it, using link you provided also doesn't work, but progress(!) it creates a Data folder... thats empty, so gonna boot up my secondary comp thats setup for jap locale (crappy laptop used for awkward games like Kamidori)

*edit* I now have the files, am combing through them, but hey, have some pics :p View attachment 1572436

View attachment 1572437
Assuming you can get the files you need, how long do you think it'll take you?

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Righty-o, after faffing around and digging into the files, messing around with things, I've (Finally!) found the text in the game and might be able to start translating later today.

*edit* skimming through text, abusing a translator atm, but getting interesting things like :
立ち寄った小さな村で少女はこう言った。
「母の病を治すためにあの森の奥にある泉の水が必要なのです…。」
which, according to google translate : (I know.. I know, IF I translate this, I will Englishify it so it atleast has proper grammer and makes sense)

In a small village I stopped by, the girl said:
"I need the water from the spring in the depths of the forest to cure my mother's illness ..."

and the following answers, which I've translated (badly):
"leave it to me"
"fetch the water"
"go to the city and get a doctor"
"but I'm scared of Bears..."

which appears to be one of the potential "title" questions (also, seems theres 3 title combinations compared to monochromes 2? still working on this 2 titles + Onii-chan)

*yet ANOTHER edit* found the Title list, things like Brave, Reckless... etc
Defo gonna work on this and see what I can do once I've gotten some sleep. Wish me luck?

Assuming you can get the files you need, how long do you think it'll take you?
Gimme 24 hours and I'll give you a proper answer, right now I'm doing this while tired and recovering from a tiny dose of food poisoning (thankfully I'm over the worst of it, but the stomache pains ensured a lack of proper sleep last few days)

Last edited:

saboro

Sep 28, 2019

*edit* I now have the files, am combing through them, but hey, have some pics :p View attachment 1572436

View attachment 1572437
Glad you got it done! Here I felt too lazy to set proper Japanese locale and I ended up fixing the mojibake filenames afterwards. Oh, and please don't get me wrong, the reason I gave you that last advice was your "(probably badly, but I would make it more understandable then MTL)".

I hope it turns out great. If you encounter any problems with the game code or WolfRPG editor, please let me know, I've spent more time than I'm willing to admit messing around with previous game's code using that cursed editor.

Jemless

Jan 31, 2020
Are the image files small enough to upload anywhere? imgur? or just zip them and toss them on a file sharing service?

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Okay people, serious question time, do I go ahead with this, and wrangle the beast?

ah... but first : proof of concept :

ScreenShot_2021_1231_18_12_44.png
ScreenShot_2021_1231_18_13_52.png

Early work, not really done much yet. a good example is the first pic, would change "It's a wheat field that calms down in the wind after the setting sun" to "A wheat field that sways calmly in the setting sun"

also, thoughts on me inserting a tiny joke or two somewhere? (rice balls, or Onigiri, might suddenly get called Jelly-Filled Donuts, Kudos if you get the joke, if you don't see the spoiler below)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

mario6714

Jun 22, 2020
Okay people, serious question time, do I go ahead with this, and wrangle the beast?

ah... but first : proof of concept :

View attachment 1573086
View attachment 1573087

Early work, not really done much yet. a good example is the first pic, would change "It's a wheat field that calms down in the wind after the setting sun" to "A wheat field that sways calmly in the setting sun"

also, thoughts on me inserting a tiny joke or two somewhere? (rice balls, or Onigiri, might suddenly get called Jelly-Filled Donuts, Kudos if you get the joke, if you don't see the spoiler below)

Thoughts?
Wow, amazing.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Wow, amazing.
Yeah, until I managed to screw the data up, which stopped the game even loading, so am currently redoing it, but on plus side, I have a (rough) idea of what i'm doing, currently trying to get the main interface at the top working. think for safety sake I'll keep a couple of back-ups going forward.

expect me to edit this post soon with a (hopefully!) pic of the interface translated.

and here I am again, 1 step forward, 2 steps back, Titles are working! badly! but its a start. ScreenShot_2021_1231_19_37_17.png

now lets play spot the difference! want to know something I hate? translating a blurry word on a picture, and then finding the right font/style so it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb >.< also, only a test as the bloody pic didnt stay transparent, so yay, progress with negatives!
ScreenShot_2021_1231_20_20_49.png

also, the changelog and tips section works... but has "it was" after every one :/

Last edited:

Mighty_P

Nov 28, 2020
Yeah, until I managed to screw the data up, which stopped the game even loading, so am currently redoing it, but on plus side, I have a (rough) idea of what i'm doing, currently trying to get the main interface at the top working. think for safety sake I'll keep a couple of back-ups going forward.

expect me to edit this post soon with a (hopefully!) pic of the interface translated.

and here I am again, 1 step forward, 2 steps back, Titles are working! badly! but its a start. View attachment 1573219

now lets play spot the difference! want to know something I hate? translating a blurry word on a picture, and then finding the right font/style so it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb >.< also, only a test as the bloody pic didnt stay transparent, so yay, progress with negatives!
View attachment 1573258

also, the changelog and tips section works... but has "it was" after every one :/
You're doing the lord's work

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Someone asked me how long it would take... considering that I'm learning as I go... and making a complete hash of it...

...a while...

okay... status report time :
Opening/prologue : done, bad engrish, havent touched this beyond MTLing it
Room Menus : getting there, some parts are done, its a case of finding the right events, its paired menu, then translating all that, so its a crapshoot on just whats getting done as some things are nice and orderly, others not so much.
Titles : working, badly.
Sister/Brother Status display(s) : mostly picture format, so will have to manually alter those at some point, proof of concept in pics in post above (okay, only did Trust, but its a start). also, sister now has a policy thing... lifestyle? anyway, its seperate images of text for each one :/
Onii-Chan Upgrade system (YES, this is a thing! spend points to make Onii-chan a better molester!) : almost completely untouched, BUT clicking a upgrade button displays the upgrade effect and cost, in English! Progress!
Nighttime events : god knows, I KNOW I have translated some of it, but between working the translating, feeling sick and everyday life, havent even gotten one yet, theres a different trigger compared to the last Imouto, its something to do with the % after the stamina bar.

okay, enough typing, its progress screenshot time!

*edit* done with it for today, its new years, but I will be sitting down tomorrow and going through things carefully (as I have discovered that yes, translating the wrong thing CAN break the game) have a fanservice pic to tide you lot over :

Last edited:

MTCF

Aug 31, 2017
Someone asked me how long it would take... considering that I'm learning as I go... and making a complete hash of it...
How difficult is to translate Wolf RPG games? Also, i seem to keep missing the skills menu

which button is it?

4.20 star(s) 39 Votes