3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
When a game is still in active development, it's considered good practice to make a new save for every new version. Always has been, probably always will be.
How old is this game? I have a saved game from the last update when I had to start from the beginning. What is good practice IYOO. Dont tell your granny how to suck eggs. I was a programmer for 30 years and good practice was to make sure all updates were backward compatible. This game is so old it is not in the active development stage. Why was it never put on hold then?

Smirenka

May 4, 2018
How old is this game? I have a saved game from the last update when I had to start from the beginning. What is good practice IYOO. Dont tell your granny how to suck eggs. I was a programmer for 30 years and good practice was to make sure all updates were backward compatible. This game is so old it is not in the active development stage. Why was it never put on hold then?
Get off your high horse and then pull the stick out of your ass.

What you're saying is wrong for what you're saying it about and where you're saying it. This isn't a professional environment or community, and trying to hold the devs here to those standards just makes you the asshole.

Remember that this is the internet. No one is going to care who you claim you are and what you claim you've done, because there's no way for you to back it up. Not unless you wanna put your personal info out there, and with how you've been acting here, I'd not recommend doing that, because that's just asking for some crazy to take that and give you a hard time.

So just lighten up and chill out with the rest of us randos. No one owes you anything, and it doesn't take much effort to be nice to people.

And before you say something about that last line, this is me being nice.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Actually I would disagree that you become a transsexual.
The MC's body transforms into female and only his mind stays male (at first or how you play it).
I'm not sure you could call it transsexual. :unsure:

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
This game puts a lot of weight into the exploration of how a female body feels different from a male body. Is the dev male or female or is it a mixed team with both male/female who can discuss feelings and proofread?
(If the dev is just male, how can he know what a male in a fresh female body with vagina, etc feels?)

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
He could have asked a female, good recherche, or just guessed.
Without a doubt, feels a female body different than a male body but it would not be different than a female feels in her body.
So I guess that a male-mind in a female body would just feel what a female feels in her body.
(I hope that makes some sense. English is not my native language.^^)

Smirenka

May 4, 2018
Actually I would disagree that you become a transsexual.
The MC's body transforms into female and only his mind stays male (at first or how you play it).
I'm not sure you could call it transsexual. :unsure:
No, he actually used the right term, at least for the first part of the game where you can still fight it, which is where he claims to have stopped.

Sex is the physical/biological
Gender covers presentation, psychology and how society perceives such at a given time and place. (There's other stuff, but I'm answering a question, not writing a dissertation!)

As to the other question,

Talking to assigned male at birth trans people who've had bottom surgery would be my best guess. Or being one.

I don't claim to know or speak from a point of knowledge about the dev though.

They do post here sometimes though, so who knows, they may answer!

But it could be really personal, as I pointed out, and not all of us like talking about our experiences, especially with strangers.

Dec 31, 2018
He could have asked a female, good recherche, or just guessed.
Without a doubt, feels a female body different than a male body but it would not be different than a female feels in her body.
So I guess that a male-mind in a female body would just feel what a female feels in her body.
(I hope that makes some sense. English is not my native language.^^)
Probably the same way people write books about riding dragons, being teleported or being an internationally famous spy.

Take a good guess and use your imagination. Having some writing talent helps!

Its not like anyone can disagree with you.

Reactions: HorizonD
May 13, 2018
Oops! For some reason, I haven't been getting notifications of replies to this thread. Completely forgot it existed for a while there...

Played this until I realized you were forced to become a transsexual. Then I deleted it forever.
I'm afraid I'm not responsible for posting the game here. It was never my intent to mislead anyone as to what the game was; this was originally posted only to TFGames.site (and later on Patreon, after people started asking for a way to support my hobby) where the male-to-female transformation aspect is the expected fetish.

No its not. It is just a dev cant be bothered making it backwards compatible. It is just going round and round like all terrible sandboxes.
I'm not much of a programmer; I've been figuring this stuff out as I go through trial and error, along with asking for help on Ren'Py-related forums.

I did make a save updater section that runs whenever you load a game. It's supposed to initialize any new variables I've added to the game. Sometimes there are just things it can't do (if no variable exists to track a certain choice, the game simply can't figure it out if your save point is past that part of the game).

In some of the larger updates, I've completely how the structure of the game, so, in old saves, players can be in places with no proper label to return to. I try to tell people when I've made that kind of large-scale change, though, as it doesn't happen with every update.

Also, an important thing to note: Don't overwrite old game folders with new ones. Old files coexisting with new files will create all sorts of weird bugs.

Exactly. Getting bogged down in interactions with an NPC over haircuts when there's this huge mystery as to why the hell "Management" is gender-swapping the MC against their will. Then just expecting them to get on with working at the resort. And why they are so astonished that the MC is somewhat curious as to what the everloving fuck is going on.

I don't want to put down such a beautiful-looking game with such a great premise, but if the dev actually has a clue about where the main story is going, they're sure doing a great impression of someone who doesn't.
For me, the game was originally intended to be a "life sim" style game where the player character gets corrupted (or tries to resist being corrupted) while spending time working at the resort. It was planned to be an endless loop of events (see NewLife). The overarching story was just to provide a framework for that to happen in, with the PC eventually succumbing and ending up as a full-time "employee" with repeatable sex events that changed based on various stats.

I wasn't good at getting the mechanics to work (I had no clue what I was doing when I started--this was just an experiment for me at the time), so I ended up trying to compensate by writing way too much and fleshing out characters more than I intended. That's resulting in people expecting much more of a story than I originally planned.

The last few things I've been mostly working on have been things people have been asking for, though:
  • Opportunity to get closer to Cynthia and start a relationship
  • More girl-on-girl action (I've got the lead-in for upcoming sex events with Cynthia and Irene)
  • More clothes for the player character and ability to change clothes
  • A way to select a hair length
  • More transformation events (in this case, a way to change eye color)
  • I've also added two methods for acquiring sex toys.

Anyway, as for slow development... TFGS people . Short-ish version: I've got a full-time job and some big health issues, and Interns is a hobby project I've been doing in my spare time. It started off as an experiment where I took as many of the game ideas and mechanics I had on my mind and tried to roll them all together into one project. It was always way too large and ambitious for me to ever complete, and I admitted from the start that I had never intended to finish it--I just wanted to explore the mechanics.

But, at this point, there's been so much support behind it that I don't want to just abandon it, so I'm trudging forward as best I can.

And, on that note:

My immediate plans are to scrap the overly-complicated sex system stuff I had planned and just focus on making sex scenes more functional. A lot of my time has been also been working on assembling graphics for sex scenes that will actually reflect with the PC looks like. It's a big undertaking that I'm just going to be chipping away at for a long time.

For the next build, I'd like to continue the sex event I started with Cyn and add the one I have planned for Irene. I also want to revisit all of the existing ones and get them fleshed out a bit more. (I have a few player-submitted sex events that I'm still revising and working into the game, too.)

I'm also trying to work up the mind-control/mental change aspects as, as far as I'm concerned, those are critical to even having a story...about the PC resisting or succumbing to mental changes and mind control. :LOL:

gromit6

May 11, 2017
Interns v0.261 is now available!

IMPORTANT:
Do not overwrite your existing directory with this new build! Many filenames have changed, and doing so will leave old files that may prevent your game from working properly.

This is a bug-fix update that addresses a few of the glaring issues with the previous build(s). Players of the previous build should not need to start a new game for this one.

What’s fixed?

• Fixed the “holodeck” background bug.
• Fixed bug that prevented Olivia from appearing in the first night bedroom menu.
• Cover image should no longer require game restart to update.
• Address some reported typos and grammatical errors.

Links:
win/Linux

Mac

Android

have fun

sanlaw91

Sep 30, 2019
I have noticed that people tend to nit pick at a lot of things but for me i really love this game and am looking forward to the next update. thank you so much for making this GAME.
from where the game is now to where it started it has made a lot of improvements, from the lay out to graphics and even the story.

sanlaw91

Sep 30, 2019
Just read the contents for 0.270 and i personally can't wait for it, sounds amazing and the possibilities of it sound great

May 13, 2018
It should be better when there are some actual graphics to go with it (though, in my mind, this has always been a text game first...otherwise, I wouldn't have to write so much descriptive stuff).

Looks like I'm getting some help on the coding end of things soon, so that's exciting. Probably going to be a little bumpy in the transition, but hoping it ends up being easier to add story chain events in future. :)

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes