KevinD0

May 23, 2022
It's tough to balance the difficulty of a game like that. It has many possibilities on how to manage a slave, all of them should be relevant, but none of them should make the game trivial.

Equally, some people have been playing this game for 2014, some only pick it up now. We must aim to make the game challenging for the first kind of player (which mostly happens as a byproduct of making previous exploits not work anymore), we must also try to keep the original philosophy of the game (which was hard to pick up too).

Now there's an in-between which I think we reached in v2.2.1 and v2.2.3, which aims to make the game more realistic in how it works. For exemple, before, slaves would all obey to follow the same lesson if a certain threshold of obedience is reached. This lead to spamming fitness lessons which would be the first one to work, then building up obedience by showering the slave with gifts for her merit. Now, all slaves will differently obey each lesson based on their personality. If she's smart and haughty, she won't mind sitting for hours to learn complex medicine stuff, but she might think of cleaning and cooking as something beneath her. If your slave is combattive, she'll accept to learn about fighting very early, as a hope to maybe learn enough to kill you eventually, but if she's weak and pacifist, she'd rather do anything than to learn how to kill. Some slaves will start to obey their first lessons at a faster rate than they would have for any of them in previous game versions, but some players were used to spam fitness lessons and thought we made the game harder than ever, whereas we factually potentially made it easier or harder depending on the slave.

All in all, this is an exemple to show what is our thought process while developing the game further. Little touches here and there to keep things exciting and quality of life changes. Some of these changes might make the game easier to pick up for beginner, but no matter what we will keep the game in that same ballpark of difficulty that was original version, which is the one we came to love and respect. We have years of experience with this game, and the last dev' version is in theory one of the most fair balanced one, and a couple of audacious little changes are yet to come :)

Nonetheless, if playing a simile hentai gallery is fun enough for some players, we have made a cheat mod available via the options. You need to pick custom start, then Easy difficulty. After that, not only will you get busted end-game stats and possessions, but in the options, the cheats will appear to make every lesson available from the get go, and thus enjoy the H content (y)
I didn't think that much about their personality, but wow, I try lots of ways to increase her stat depend on her past and what she likes. I got a hang on it but now I really don't know how to decrease her fear since I increased it to 3. Any idea to decrease fear I must ask. Thank you for help me this far tbh, I almost quit this game but fortunately I didn't.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I didn't think that much about their personality, but wow, I try lots of ways to increase her stat depend on her past and what she likes. I got a hang on it but now I really don't know how to decrease her fear since I increased it to 3. Any idea to decrease fear I must ask. Thank you for help me this far tbh, I almost quit this game but fortunately I didn't.
Fear decreases over time when a slave is devoted. It also decreases if you punish her less than she expects or if you reward her with rest at the Garden of Gethsemane.

Flying Geaser

Jun 30, 2021
Is there any benefit to global reputation and faction reputation, if a sold slave to a residence is of higher quality than the required?

dogsol

Jun 30, 2019
Yo, was just playing and kaspersky went full ultra toxic saying that /game/engine/something.exe file was a trojan and got it deleted, don't know if you guys have heard of that so i'm just warning that it happened to me.
Ffter 4ish years playing games from f95zone that happened, same for this game, already some hundred or more hours put into it and out of nowhere...
Anyway have a good night/day everyone (=

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Yo, was just playing and kaspersky went full ultra toxic saying that /game/engine/something.exe file was a trojan and got it deleted, don't know if you guys have heard of that so i'm just warning that it happened to me.
Ffter 4ish years playing games from f95zone that happened, same for this game, already some hundred or more hours put into it and out of nowhere...
Anyway have a good night/day everyone (=
Happens sometimes with any program that isn't recognized by the antivirus. If you got it from our github links, it's not a trojan, obviously. (You can check the code yourself if you want.)

teletube

Nov 20, 2021
Hello!

After I've installed 2.3.3 DEV' version of the game, I have this weird bug, sometimes slave's energy (action points) will decrease even if no action was performed. For example, if master is not skilled enough to train the slave, slave's energy will still be deducted. Now this might be a feature, I don't know.
But I also noticed it happening on save/load. I've made a quicksave before jumping to Arena, lost a fight, done a quickload, but this time slave has no energy to go to Arena. This is quite annoying, considering that my current slave has very low stamina and each action point is crucial.

Just a little feedback here.
Thanks!

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hello!

After I've installed 2.3.3 DEV' version of the game, I have this weird bug, sometimes slave's energy (action points) will decrease even if no action was performed. For example, if master is not skilled enough to train the slave, slave's energy will still be deducted. Now this might be a feature, I don't know.
But I also noticed it happening on save/load. I've made a quicksave before jumping to Arena, lost a fight, done a quickload, but this time slave has no energy to go to Arena. This is quite annoying, considering that my current slave has very low stamina and each action point is crucial.

Just a little feedback here.
Thanks!
Are you seeing this happen with a new slave that you acquired while playing with the dev version? If not, I have a theory about what's happening. If you transferred a saved game from an older version, there was a bug at some point where a slave's overnight actions weren't deducting energy in the morning, and over time the deficit could grow.

If you repeatedly hit the ESC key on the main screen, does the slave's energy keep dropping? If yes, this might be the issue. You can open the console (gear button next to settings at the top of the game window) and type in this command to clear the slave's energy debt:
Code:
@slave['half_action'] = 0

sakak

Jun 20, 2020
View attachment 326747

Overview:
At the crossroads of all universes, shrouded in Fogs stands Eternal Rome, a city of fortunes and calamities, opulence and crushing poverty. Human life is cheap, but its worth can be calculated precisely. Especially by those of the Slaver's Guild. This is a dirty business, and business is booming.

Step into the shoes of a slave trainer. Acquire unique girls with different personalities. Bend them to your will and remake them as you see fit. Then sell them for shining sparks and become rich, or keep them as your trophies. Only you can decide, for you are their sovereign master. You, the Jack-o-nine-tails!​

Thread Updated: 2022-03-31
Release Date: 2022-03-30
Original Title: Валет Плетей
Developers:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Censored: No
Language: English
Version: 2.2.2

Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Roadmap:

DOWNLOAD
Win:
- - PIXELDRAIN - -

Patches:

Extras: Dev' version - Modding guide

View attachment 871065 View attachment 893219 View attachment 942188 View attachment 434293 View attachment 680412 View attachment 434295
Ey guys how can I encourage loyalty to a slave the game is good but f%ing hard

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Ey guys how can I encourage loyalty to a slave the game is good but f%ing hard
It means raise her devotion. The tutorial lectures have some advice about it. In general, once she's obedient, if you give her enough rules to follow, keep her happy but not spoiled, and prioritize spend time with / erotic rewards, she'll become devoted over time.

Reactions: sakak

teletube

Nov 20, 2021
Are you seeing this happen with a new slave that you acquired while playing with the dev version? If not, I have a theory about what's happening. If you transferred a saved game from an older version, there was a bug at some point where a slave's overnight actions weren't deducting energy in the morning, and over time the deficit could grow.

If you repeatedly hit the ESC key on the main screen, does the slave's energy keep dropping? If yes, this might be the issue. You can open the console (gear button next to settings at the top of the game window) and type in this command to clear the slave's energy debt:
Code:
@slave['half_action'] = 0
Thank you, sir!

RSmolPP

Jan 23, 2022
I'm back with more questions.

Is it possible to induce traits like "Nymphomaniac" in a slave or do they have to come with them?
If it is possible, which traits can be trained into a slave and what methods make them appear?

Also, with masochism, can I use punishments as rewards or will the slave still view it as a punishment (that they just so happen to enjoy)?

Last edited:

dogsol

Jun 30, 2019
Yo i'm playing the dev ver. and i think i found a bug.
1. end of the day no rules for anyone ticked to act as maid.
2. Assistant still work as maid.
3. It can be bc my assistant is s+ as maid ? if not, it's a bug ?
4. I'm a newbie so forgive my newbiness
5. i don't know how to count the energy level so i don't know if it goes down by one.

dogsol

Jun 30, 2019

Is it possible to induce traits like "Nymphomaniac" in a slave or do they have to come with them?
If it is possible, which traits can be trained into a slave and what methods make them appear?

Also, with masochism, can I use punishments as rewards or will the slave still view it as a punishment (that they just so happen to enjoy)?
You can study the game by youself if you want.
Option 1 is play de tutorial reading all of it.
Option 2 is read the in game files. /game/locations -> item_base, interaction and next_day. Obvsl all of the files makes the game but i think those are nice to know to understand what will happen to whathever you do.
Wiki is messed up, don't recommend.
The start is quite dificult but the game is chill when you understand the tutorial...

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020

In game\locations\#static_base.qsrc, search for $check_slave_for_revealed_traits and look at the top few lines of code. Many traits can be developed.

Punishments are always punishments but punishing a devoted slave has a lot less negative impact than punishing a disobedient slave. You can punish them even if they don't feel guilty. Give it a try!

Reactions: RSmolPP

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
1. end of the day no rules for anyone ticked to act as maid.
2. Assistant still work as maid.
If the house is messy enough, an assistant who isn't too tired will clean it even without the rule. Otherwise the master will do it and be annoyed. The idea here is that you can leave off the rule if you want to accumulate some mess for home cleaning lessons.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
So the change in housing that I mentioned here link is not getting reverted?

I noticed that it got removed from the roadmap.
We decided to keep it as-is.

Note that the "decrepit hovel" diary entry can be resolved currently by purchasing enough premium interior decoration from the real estate office.

The "have to watch every penny" diary entry however can be resolved only by raising standard of living higher than brand reputation. The "upper limit" for standard of living is set based on the district, so to reach A+ you need to live in Taurus or Necropolis, and to reach S+ you need to live in Necropolis or White Town, and to reach S++ you need to live in White Town.

The Doylist rationale is that living in multiple districts creates a more interesting gameplay experience, as there are some (subtle) pros and cons to each besides direct costs. Living in more expensive districts also serves as a money sink which motivates trying different gameplay strategies. There are few compelling reasons to move out of a cheap district to an expensive one, currently. A negative diary entry that you can only resolve by moving up in the world makes it slightly more likely that players will eventually move.

The Watsonian rationale is that your character does not have has access to the most spacious estates in the cheaper districts, and there are limits to how much you can improve your standard of living in a cheap apartment. You're renting apartments in the cheaper districts that are clearly budget quality, going by the descriptions when you rent them as well as the constrained home storage limits.

Even as a patrician, you don't have access to anything better in the cheap districts, because the best places have already been taken.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes