fatki_chaddi

Formerly 'fatkichaddi'
Oct 18, 2021
Not Sancho's game, he does the walkthroughs and tess likely wont do that either, she has enough on her plate without adding that option
Yes, that's true, but if either can add that it would be helpful.

I marked Sancho1969 here because I think he can do it via the mod, since he is already aware of the flags and code variables. (But that's me just assuming. :unsure: )

wishful thinking :cool:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
@TessSadist and @Sancho1969

Can something like a questionnaire be added at the beginning of each new release? Asking what choices one made in the past episodes before starting the new content. This will help players with their playthroughs while selecting different choices.

An example that comes to mind is 'Fashion Business' they do it well.
Your asking for a lot of work from one of us to eliminate you being lazy by not playing a desired path in Season 1... ain't it?

Now, I don't have any problems making SanchoCheats for new vars (as I've always done in the past with this VN and others) that I can insure are coded safely as to not bork you present/future saves... and I even add CriticalChoice screens when major events are about to occur... but many of the hundreds of vars simply change some dialogue here and there to date... most major forks regarding Sponsorships, etc I've already addressed in the mod.

All that said, what specifically are you wanting to change in Season 2 that you feel all this merits so much work to be done by someone else? If it's minor then I'm not interested tbh, if it's major then I might consider it, but you could easily simply export your desired save data from Season 1 and do what you seek so I'm trying to figure out what your true intention is.

Please elaborate a bit for the request you are presenting... otherwise I have no idea whether it's worth spending hours of my time to fulfill or even consider tbh.

Regards.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yes, that's true, but if either can add that it would be helpful.

I marked Sancho1969 here because I think he can do it via the mod, since he is already aware of the flags and code variables. (But that's me just assuming. :unsure: )

wishful thinking :cool:
So you're just lazy...or can't even be assed creating a simple notepad of what you chose? Or even playing one save...then using URM yourself to change all the flags and variables you want to create other saves?

Shall we play for it for you too?
Well yeah, a list of that carried over values would be wonderful. My practical problem is that in my Episode-7-saves I lost track which game paths are saved where and I would rather just generate fresh saves, thus not missing anything in the current (episode 8) content.
You realise there are flags set in literally the second episode that have not been used yet right? For the rest, read my post to the guy I quoted above your quote.

And gentlemen, I would perhaps in the future keep a record somewhere if you have so many diff saves you can't remember what they all do. Or when i post my excel sheet, you can keep a handy record yourself (using my time to create it) that exists outside of the game, then should you wish to double check/change anything in a save, you know exactly what flags have been set.

• Wow
Reactions: fatki_chaddi

fatki_chaddi

Formerly 'fatkichaddi'
Oct 18, 2021
Your asking for a lot of work from one of us to eliminate you being lazy by not playing a desired path in Season 1... ain't it?

Now, I don't have any problems making SanchoCheats for new vars (as I've always done in the past with this VN and others) that I can insure are coded safely as to not bork you present/future saves... and I even add CriticalChoice screens when major events are about to occur... but many of the hundreds of vars simply change some dialogue here and there to date... most major forks regarding Sponsorships, etc I've already addressed in the mod.

All that said, what specifically are you wanting to change in Season 2 that you feel all this merits so much work to be done by someone else? If it's minor then I'm not interested tbh, if it's major then I might consider it, but you could easily simply export your desired save data from Season 1 and do what you seek so I'm trying to figure out what your true intention is.

Please elaborate a bit for the request you are presenting... otherwise I have no idea whether it's worth spending hours of my time to fulfill or even consider tbh.

Regards.
Thanks for replying.

What I am suggesting is that, a few questions at the beginning of a new release that one can use to replay the game
i.e,

(This is an example)
EPISODE 4:
Three beginnings: Your rank carried over from Episode 3 will determine one of three starts.
$ k4 (Rank K4) → K4 start scenes
$ k5 (Rank K5) → K5 start scenes
$ k6 (Rank K6) → K6 start scenes

The question can be
  • "What K rank did the MC achieve in the previous episode?"
    • as a player can then select the desired K rank for the new playthrough.
Next questions can be choice split.

Question Example :
  • Who punished the prisoner Patricia or Samantha?
  • MC Received sponsorship from Veronica, Juliette or Dominique in chapter 3.
  • Did the MC choose Chanel or Junko (In the spa)
  • Did Olivia tell Kiyomi to treat Kane the exact same as everyone else in the program?
  • Is Olivia on the evilpolice track or neutralpolice track.
etc....

The request was not about being lazy but simply to explore every nook and cranny without having to start from beginning and going through the common stuff repeatedly for each K rank and the different choices within those.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Thanks for replying.

What I am suggesting is that, a few questions at the beginning of a new release that one can use to replay the game
i.e,

(This is an example)
EPISODE 4:
Three beginnings: Your rank carried over from Episode 3 will determine one of three starts.

The question can be

Question Example :
  • Did Olivia tell Kiyomi to treat Kane the exact same as everyone else in the program?
etc....

The request was not about being lazy but simply to explore every nook and cranny without having to start from beginning and going through the common stuff repeatedly for each K rank and the different choices within those.
I know what you're asking and you're not going to get it.

By the time it took you to answer all the damn questions that would be actually be required, you could have just skipped through the content (it takes 15 to 20 mins btw by my estimation making my new saves)....

15 fucking minutes of your time. There are far too many variables affecting dialogue, scenes, and a whole boat-load of other stuff (going back to the second release) that have not even been referenced yet in-game, such as GambitPlayer. It would take hours to do what you want...and probably 10 minutes for you to actually answer all the damn questions (if you could even remember, which you can't...so you're point is completely moot isn't it as you won't remember what half of those choices were actually for, why you made them, or what they affect anyway). Points are also incredibly important at times in terms of triggering or missing a scene. And those don't all come from the major decisions.

So load up the VN, spend 15 minutes of your life making a new save and as I said before, I suggest making a note somewhere (we're in twenty twenty fecking four btw), you don't even need a piece of paper, (which is how we used to make notes on shit in games 40 years ago), there are about 5000 different programs around to choose, so you won't forget what choices you made again ;)

In fact, by the time you been wittering on here, you could have already made 2 new saves ;)

And because I'm nice....to just to show how ridiculous what you're asking is, here's some stats for you that would all need taking into account:

Kane: 108 flags, 25 different character (_p) points (some not even referenced yet)
Olivia: 36 flags, 9 different character (_p) points
Seth: 2 flags, 2 different character (_p) points

19 misc point variables between KaneLivia (such as cunning, Gambit Queen, Princess Eyes etc etc that would all have to be calculated), with approximately another 15-20 set of points/variables (some temporary) that decide certain events (like who meet first etc) with many of these not even implemented/referenced yet. (Add in things like Evil points, where literally 1 point can can completely skip a scene and block content/other variables).

And that...is just to the end of episode 6!!! (still working on my sheet for Ep7).

Exactly in your mind...how many questions at the start of Ep8 do you think it would take? Seriously...tell me, really curious as to what you think.

(Attached image of my save sheet. Still a WIP as fully go through Ep7 again. Again, will upload once I have everything in order re my prevous post here: SaveSheet/Timeline/Character List) Hoping to have this done up to the end of Ep7 by weekend for those who may find it useful.

Untitled-1.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for replying.

i.e,

(This is an example)
EPISODE 4:

The question can be

Question Example :
etc....

Well... you're asking for a complete skip of Season 1 basically. This imposes many many issues. There are rookie coders that would think "no problem, ask the questions and simply mark those vars True/False" but that would be a MASSIVE mistake (especially regarding Dom/Sub and some particular K-Levels for example).

Why? To answer completely it's a wall of text so I'm placing it in a spoiler container below out of respect of others would could care less regarding this topic we are discussing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know there's something in this that just begs someone quickly quoting or replying to... but I ask that you not only read the post but ponder/think about what I'm actually saying by demonstration.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do anything and everything... and making a generalized questionaire then simply changing a few basics of the major forking path vars will NOT get the result you are seeking, unlike VN's with a basic Relp/Path conditional architecture. Anyone on the planet that tells you otherwise is a either a fool or naive to how these complex VN's actually function imho. As proof of this point think about how many so called "modders" attempt to make a VN "harem" even on simplistic VN's that eventually totally fuck up everyone's save files and/or completely break the game eventually. You've all seen it.

To summarize:
So, can I do it by offering a lengthy S1 questionaire that covers all the bases and code it correctly? Yes, of course. But the effort versus simply speedrunning S1 is all but futile. Hopefully the above fully explains this summary... and I apologize for it being a wall of text but feel it's important to actually explain the issue(s) fully.

Edit: I guess during the time it took me to write this post Maviarab said basically the same thing but differently.

Last edited:

fatki_chaddi

Formerly 'fatkichaddi'
Oct 18, 2021
Well... you're asking for a complete skip of Season 1 basically. This imposes many many issues. There are rookie coders that would think "no problem, ask the questions and simply mark those vars True/False" but that would be a MASSIVE mistake (especially regarding Dom/Sub and some particular K-Levels for example).

Why? To answer completely it's a wall of text so I'm placing it in a spoiler container below out of respect of others would could care less regarding this topic we are discussing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know there's something in this that just begs someone quickly quoting or replying to... but I ask that you not only read the post but ponder/think about what I'm actually saying by demonstration.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do anything and everything... and making a generalized questionaire then simply changing a few basics of the major forking path vars will NOT get the result you are seeking, unlike VN's with a basic Relp/Path conditional architecture. Anyone on the planet that tells you otherwise is a either a fool or naive to how these complex VN's actually function imho. As proof of this point think about how many so called "modders" attempt to make a VN "harem" even on simplistic VN's that eventually totally fuck up everyone's save files and/or completely break the game eventually. You've all seen it.

To summarize:
So, can I do it by offering a lengthy S1 questionaire that covers all the bases and code it correctly? Yes, of course. But the effort versus simply speedrunning S1 is all but futile. Hopefully the above fully explains this summary... and I apologize for it being a wall of text but feel it's important to actually explain the issue(s) fully.

Edit: I guess during the time it took me to write this post Maviarab said basically the same thing but differently.
Absolutely it does. Thanks again for taking the time out and replying with reasons. It makes so much sense now.

fatki_chaddi

Formerly 'fatkichaddi'
Oct 18, 2021

By the time it took you to answer all the damn questions that would be actually be required, you could have just skipped through the content (it takes 15 to 20 mins btw by my estimation making my new saves)....

15 fucking minutes of your time. There are far too many variables affecting dialogue, scenes, and a whole boat-load of other stuff (going back to the second release) that have not even been referenced yet in-game, such as GambitPlayer. It would take hours to do what you want...and probably 10 minutes for you to actually answer all the damn questions (if you could even remember, which you can't...so you're point is completely moot isn't it as you won't remember what half of those choices were actually for, why you made them, or what they affect anyway). Points are also incredibly important at times in terms of triggering or missing a scene. And those don't all come from the major decisions.

So load up the VN, spend 15 minutes of your life making a new save and as I said before, I suggest making a note somewhere (we're in twenty twenty fecking four btw), you don't even need a piece of paper, (which is how we used to make notes on shit in games 40 years ago), there are about 5000 different programs around to choose, so you won't forget what choices you made again ;)

In fact, by the time you been wittering on here, you could have already made 2 new saves ;)

And because I'm nice....to just to show how ridiculous what you're asking is, here's some stats for you that would all need taking into account:

Kane: 108 flags, 25 different character (_p) points (some not even referenced yet)

19 misc point variables between KaneLivia (such as cunning, Gambit Queen, Princess Eyes etc etc that would all have to be calculated), with approximately another 15-20 set of points/variables (some temporary) that decide certain events (like who meet first etc) with many of these not even implemented/referenced yet. (Add in things like Evil points, where literally 1 point can can completely skip a scenes).

And that...is just to the end of episode 6!!! (still working on my sheet for Ep7).

Exactly in your mind...how many questions at the start of Ep8 do you think it would take? Seriously...tell me, really curious as to what you think.

(Attached image of my save sheet. Still a WIP as fully go through Ep7 again. Again, will upload once I have everything in order re my prevous post here: SaveSheet/Timeline/Character List)

View attachment 3337013

19 misc point variables between KaneLivia (such as cunning, Gambit Queen, Princess Eyes etc etc that would all have to be calculated), with approximately another 15-20 set of points/variables (some temporary) that decide certain events (like who meet first etc) with many of these not even implemented/referenced yet. (Add in things like Evil points, where literally 1 point can can completely skip a scenes).

(Attached image of my save sheet. Still a WIP as fully go through Ep7 again. Again, will upload once I have everything in order re my prevous post here: SaveSheet/Timeline/Character List)

View attachment 3337013
Thanks for your reply too...

I get it, it is next to impossible to achieve it with those variable and flags.

Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Absolutely it does. Thanks again for taking the time out and replying with reasons. It makes so much sense now.
No worries.

I'll also take this time to apologise for my tone as you obviously didn't seem to comrehend that in this particular VN, it would be such a huge undertaking as Sancho said, with no real pay off given how quickly you can skip through. So, I'm sorry if I came off overly agressive. These types of posts happen in lots of threads here and after the nnnnth post asking for a recap it gets old...but that's not your fault per-se...I should learn to be more gracious :)

Anyway, if you'd like the sheet in it's current format I'd be happy to upload for you now, though hoping to have Ep7 done by weekend. The reason I did it is while Sancho's mod is truly bloody awesome (and I do use it myself)...with so many saves...switching back and forth to check something is a pain..so decided to make a text version I can easily flip through myself (I use multiple monitors so easy for me to have it up all the time), otherwise over the weekend I'll just upload the entire thing which has a full character list with relations, full detailed timeline and other interesting stuff which I find relevent.

fatki_chaddi

Formerly 'fatkichaddi'
Oct 18, 2021
No worries.

I'll also take this time to apologise for my tone as you obviously didn't seem to comrehend that in this particular VN, it would be such a huge undertaking as Sancho said, with no real pay off given how quickly you can skip through. So, I'm sorry if I came off overly agressive. These types of posts happen in lots of threads here and after the nnnnth post asking for a recap it gets old...but that's not your fault per-se...I should learn to be more gracious :)

Anyway, if you'd like the sheet in it's current format I'd be happy to upload for you now, though hoping to have Ep7 done by weekend. The reason I did it is while Sancho's mod is truly bloody awesome (and I do use it myself)...with so many saves...switching back and forth to check something is a pain..so decided to make a text version I can easily flip through myself (I use multiple monitors so easy for me to have it up all the time), otherwise over the weekend I'll just upload the entire thing which has a full character list with relations, full detailed timeline and other interesting stuff which I find relevent.
Its ok, I can understand how it must be to explain things repeatedly. We are all humans afterall.

And yes it was the explanation from both of you that just mapped out the extensive scope of this VN, Thanks again for it.

About the sheet, you can upload it for us commoners once its completed.

Reactions: Maviarab

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
So is evil Dom path going to be gone for the final update? If so I don't need to carry that save over. Still waiting on the final release update and the Sancho mod, I'm not in a rush so test doesn't matter to me.
she's not removing anything yet, just considering it. If she removes the demon path it will be the update after this one at the earliest

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
So is evil Dom path going to be gone for the final update? If so I don't need to carry that save over. Still waiting on the final release update and the Sancho mod, I'm not in a rush so test doesn't matter to me.
One of those jump to conclusions and can't read for shit folks huh? In the time it took you to post...you could have read 3 or 4 posts and had your question answered by a few of us,..and Tess herself.

Reactions: Stan5851

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Man...shit is just not fair..

Why is it sooo haaarrrd to turn Dominique down :(
Bro, I don't WANT to turn her down, haha. I'm riding that train all the way to the finish line. I'm pretty sure I burned my last bridge with Juliette in this update.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes