Ion_444

May 31, 2017
I have been playing this game for the last two weeks or so and I have to say, while it is fun, I don't really see much difference than what it was 3 years ago. The faces and clothing options seem to be the same and the story is there, but it's not like there is a lot of it. The game is about the mechanics and the grind. Okay. The mechanics work, the grind is there, but I don't really see the longterm vision.

The entire business aspect is rather underwhelming. There is no point to it. There is no curve as well. The first weeks are about developing one serum and not going bankrupt and then all of sudden comes a point where you rake in money. At that point everything is about developing serums for the sheer fun of it and the business only acts as a place to start the conversations. The same interactions every day. With different girls. The mechanics are there and they work, but they are a bit flawed. You end up save scumming or using the going-back function a lot. Then again, if everybody does that, can you say that the mechanics work?

The mall and other shops are completely pointless. Only the clothing shop is part of a mini-scene.

Again, I like the game. It is fun. However, the fun is the grind. Apart from that there isn't really anything else. One thing is for certain, it is a very diffferent game than Lab Rats 1.
As a giant fan of LR1, and following this project since launch, I 100% agree with you.

I'm crossing my fingers that at some point, Vren becomes happy with the underlying system of the game. Because really, he's just been learning code management and game dev skills for the past few years. I'm a professional programmer and I've watched him make all the common mistakes, but then grow from them. And yeah, the actual game "engine" is in a way better place now than it was.

However, there's a trap any developer can run into. The idea of making the "perfect" project. I think Vren's trying to make his perfect smut game, capable of procedurally generating tons of scenarios or variety. Or at least, he was. But there's such a thing as good enough.

All the systems he has in place are functional. They work, more or less. How many more features is he planning to add? I don't know. But since he started LR2, I've just been waiting and waiting for him to pronounce his current system as "good enough" and start in on the content. The real content. I'm talking about 1000's of words and scenes, prewritten characters and scenarios. That's what LR1 was all about and it was a 10/10 mind control corrupting experience.

LR2 right now is an empty vessel. An impressive empty vessel, to be sure, and we keep seeing more and more additions to it, so that's cool. But it won't start being anything but a glorified (if hot) tech demo until Vren starts producing the actual content to fill it. Like give me a fully functional Gabrielle arc. Bitchy goth cousin getting tamed, that's something I can get behind.

Anyway, I think he'd be well served by taking a step back and setting some actual concrete goals. "By next year I want to have X, Y, and Z complete." It's just a lot of freeform development, which yeah, can lead nice places, but if you want me to actually follow your work, you've got to get more going on.

Thankfully, the last few months have seen a marked jump in how much the features he's adding actually impact gameplay. Maybe this marks the point where we start transitioning from pointless things like different fonts for different characters to actual scenarios and story arcs.

discard457

Jan 1, 2018
Are the models still the same as they were in the beginning of development? I remember them looking very different than the first game models. Was there any notable improvements? Anyone have pictures? And how does this game hold up against the first?

Fydo92

Aug 18, 2017
one of my girls appears to be advancing backward in their pregnancy. Currently at day -56. Could anyone share the console command to fix this?

Reactions: F9Zoney

razer11

Jan 7, 2020
one of my girls appears to be advancing backward in their pregnancy. Currently at day -56. Could anyone share the console command to fix this?
did you by mistake give her the wrong serum? there is one that makes them pregnant up to infinite time

Apr 21, 2018
is there a way to clear the active serums using Console Commands?
Enter the_person.serum_effects, it'll show a list containing every active serum effect on a person. Do the_person.serum_effects[x] where x is the index of the effect in question, starting from 0 (for example, the first serum effect on a person is the_person.serum_effects[0]).

the_person.serum_effects[x].duration is the number of turns a serum effect is active, the_person.serum_effects[x].duration_counter is the number of turns the effect has been run.
Set it to the maximum counter - 1 and you wait a turn, you clear the effect

If you do person is the_person.serum_effects= [], you will clear the effects, but you won't remove the stat effects (e.g. increase sluttiness, etc.) which might be what you want.

Fedora Man

Jun 19, 2017
Is there a way, either with the Mod or with console commands, to give a character glasses? I know you can offer to pay for Lasik to *remove* a girl's glasses, but if there's a way to give a girl glasses then I'm not finding it.

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
Is there a way, either with the Mod or with console commands, to give a character glasses? I know you can offer to pay for Lasik to *remove* a girl's glasses, but if there's a way to give a girl glasses then I'm not finding it.
The last time i looked at it you could give glasses to a normal outfit in the outfitmanager, but you can also add it at a deeper level which i am to lazy to look the code up, you can find how to delete it and it it is mostly the same way to add something. In my opinion adding it with an outfit schould be enough.

razer11

Jan 7, 2020
Only serum I've ever given her are bust size up and suggestion.
hmm might have to redownload the game files and possibly restart again. unless you can find the file about pregnancies and see if there is an incorrect line that needs editing

Fydo92

Aug 18, 2017
hmm might have to redownload the game files and possibly restart again. unless you can find the file about pregnancies and see if there is an incorrect line that needs editing
I have a feeling it's a bug with the renpy back function that resulted in her going from 0 to -1 or something and then it started to progress backward. Haven't gotten any others pregnant yet so I'm not sure if it's everyone or just the one.

I was planning to just adjust the pregnancy day variable to something positive to see if that fixed it. I have console enabled and have some idea how to change variables using it, but I have no idea what the variable is called or where I can look up that info.

charanjaydemyr

Apr 22, 2020
Python:
text "Pregnant, " + str(the_person.event_triggers_dict["preg_start_date"] - day) + " Days" style "menu_text_style"
in Lab_Rats_2-v0.45.1-pc\game\game_screens\character_screens\girl_overview_ui.rpy

codes just wrong for the display cuz "day" is always after "preg_start_date"

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes