2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
I think that was DennisST's point. You reviewed an older game and took points off of it because you played the game in 2021 instead of when it came out. That isn't the fault of the game at all. You have to adapt to the time that the game came out.
I wouldn't play the original final fantasy VII and give it a poor review because it has bad graphics. I'd adapt to PS1 standards.

I do agree however, that the combat is ridiculous sometimes. Needs to be an item to turn that off for a few moments.
Not all games age badly though.

Take Faster than Light, Skyrim, or Empire at War - my three all-time favourite games which came out in 2012, 2011, and 2006 respectively. Just because a game came out a long time ago doesn't mean it doesn't live up to modern standards.

In terms of H-Games, Virgin's Protection Magic came out over 5 years ago, and it has aged extremely well. I regularly go back and play that one every now and then.

Or Unholy Sanctuary, which is now 8 years old. It's still an incredibly fun sidescroller.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Not all games age badly though.

Take Faster than Light, Skyrim, or Empire at War - my three all-time favourite games which came out in 2012, 2011, and 2006 respectively. Just because a game came out a long time ago doesn't mean it doesn't live up to modern standards.

In terms of H-Games, Virgin's Protection Magic came out over 5 years ago, and it has aged extremely well. I regularly go back and play that one every now and then.

Or Unholy Sanctuary, which is now 8 years old. It's still an incredibly fun sidescroller.
Ahh I see what you mean. I still wish someone would finish up the translation of virgin protection magic. it was really good.

Lyem

Mar 31, 2020
Much like the other tsukinomizu games i played, this has some grinding here and there...
Though i gotta say it is really frustrating without an enemy index to list drops and "random encounters" rather than the ghost-type visible enemies you see in Lily Knight Saga and Naedoko Demon's Ground, just trying to explore can get on your nerves due to the constant enemy encounter, sigh.

Still, farm best avaliable gear for said month, do some trial-error with the bosses to know what attack they use and then protect yourself, or just grind enough so you can faceroll.

A funny thing that i'm meaning to ask, is there a hard mode after we finish the game? would be fun as hell.

Reactions: danielson

danielson

Oct 27, 2017
Much like the other tsukinomizu games i played, this has some grinding here and there...
Though i gotta say it is really frustrating without an enemy index to list drops and "random encounters" rather than the ghost-type visible enemies you see in Lily Knight Saga and Naedoko Demon's Ground, just trying to explore can get on your nerves due to the constant enemy encounter, sigh.

Still, farm best avaliable gear for said month, do some trial-error with the bosses to know what attack they use and then protect yourself, or just grind enough so you can faceroll.

A funny thing that i'm meaning to ask, is there a hard mode after we finish the game? would be fun as hell.
Nope, no hard mode after finishing the game, just start a game with rapier (short sword) or rather toy weapon. I do agree with being really frustrating that there is no Monster Book that shows what enemies can drop. Well, when it comes to that, need to open the game in Rpg Maker VX in this case and check it there...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyem

Deathwings

Aug 20, 2017
That's what tend to happen when you play older games after you got used to all the QoL improvements they added to their sequels.

c.o.w

Jan 5, 2018
so reached the last month, maria joined the party, and she is 10 lvs above me, well fuck i been brute forcing my way trought with lot of items and praying the enemy do stupid things like spam debuff moves instead offensives moves.

Lyem

Mar 31, 2020
Seems like i missed a scene, which is 100% my fault because i didn't hire Hilda and Najiko ever after unlocking them, can someone tell me how to get it? the hint only points to the board where you hire them.
12.jpg

Kinni

Jul 30, 2017
Seems like i missed a scene, which is 100% my fault because i didn't hire Hilda and Najiko ever after unlocking them, can someone tell me how to get it? the hint only points to the board where you hire them.
View attachment 1332556
Sorry, but this one is actually gotten on the same miniquest where you go rescue Najiko. It's just that you need to fight another miniboss in the area where you rescue Najiko.

Reactions: Lyem

Lyem

Mar 31, 2020
Sorry, but this one is actually gotten on the same miniquest where you go rescue Najiko. It's just that you need to fight another miniboss in the area where you rescue Najiko.
I see so i permanently missed it, well no biggie maybe i'll start a new game for it, thanks for telling me, better than having me run around with the 2 in the party.

Jasonaerolite

Jun 21, 2018
Anyone know how to get this guy in Yukana to talk to me? I already did the one in Gran and now I just started chapter 3 and he still won't say anything. Hell I'm even allowed in the basement.
you can get down there if you have a corruption level of 30 with Barbara in the Party, Barbara is in the PUB in Gran City she'll ask you to get her sunrise pearl in the beginner dungeon (Yukana City) after giving her the lost item she'll join your party.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
you can get down there if you have a corruption level of 30 with Barbara in the Party, Barbara is in the PUB in Gran City she'll ask you to get her sunrise pearl in the beginner dungeon (Yukana City) after giving her the lost item she'll join your party.
Thanks but getting down those stairs isn't the issue. the guy on the previous screen won't talk to me. I presume he should have some quest for me like the one in gran city which led to the tentacle scene with the seeds.

Kinni

Jul 30, 2017
Thanks but getting down those stairs isn't the issue. the guy on the previous screen won't talk to me. I presume he should have some quest for me like the one in gran city which led to the tentacle scene with the seeds.
He doesn't. He is just the spotter for the guy in the next room.

forkyouse

Feb 17, 2018
I don't have the game anymore, but I believe there is a problem with your compression software, try to update it. I packed save with 7z v19.00, hope it helps
I meant when I click on the link for the save it doesn't download anything it just opens a webpage with lots of random symbols.

bom44

Feb 13, 2020
can we get nanahime without triggering the H scene, i somehow didnt know that recovering at pioneer a lot of time is the hint for unlocking the H scene

Kinni

Jul 30, 2017
can we get nanahime without triggering the H scene, i somehow didnt know that recovering at pioneer a lot of time is the hint for unlocking the H scene
You can't. The last step of the quest that recruits her permanently involves that scene triggering unavoidably. And the first step of that quest is recovering there a lot, though I think you at least need to leave the room and come back in between rests.

bom44

Feb 13, 2020
how to beat the boss in crystal temple, currently im at level 25+, month forgot but the month where you tasked on sea cave, main protagonist using toys

bom44

Feb 13, 2020
at the last unexplored region, first trial, there is a door that need certain skill to unlocked, anyone know?

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes