VN Ren'Py Law School [Ep.1] [MisterMaya]

4.20 star(s) 22 Votes

Haywire7

Dec 1, 2018
I did quite enjoy this one, I’m a sucker for college based AVN’s even though many seem to get abandoned. Definitely would like to do a rerun with a walkthrough at some point, as it was sometimes hard to distinguish what choices would be favourable to which paths. Early favourites for me are Elsa (love her design and her position making her “off-limits”), and Aurora (She intrigues me and I’m always drawn to the bitchy characters). Will admit though, the bullying attempts did make me laugh, they seem pretty childish in comparison to what Aurora is implied to be capable of.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
My small criticism is that for a game that said it upfront about the two types of choices that would shape the MC, there are quite a lot of times where it's unclear which choice is which type. While it can be great to play blindly (therefore allowing my MC to be shaped really by "my choice"), it's frustrating when I want to have the opposite path MC. If it's important design to hide these choices, IMO it's best for the game to come with gallery unlocked.

For a broader general criticism, I'm not a big fan when college games have too many male characters just because I always feel like the bro scenes would take away development time that could've been used on building the female characters instead. This is a little bit amplified in this game where they forced a main group and they consist of 3 guys and 2 girls, the closest friend outside the group is a guy, and the rival is another guy too. This relegated the other girls to mostly interact individually with MC which is kind of a shame because it would've been nice for a game with good overall female cast to interact more as a group.

The game is still good and definitely worth to keep an eye on. Hopefully it will only get better as we go.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Law School [Ep.1] Unofficial Android Port + scrappy's WT/Gallery Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 461mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
My small criticism is that for a game that said it upfront about the two types of choices that would shape the MC, there are quite a lot of times where it's unclear which choice is which type. While it can be great to play blindly (therefore allowing my MC to be shaped really by "my choice"), it's frustrating when I want to have the opposite path MC. If it's important design to hide these choices, IMO it's best for the game to come with gallery unlocked.

For a broader general criticism, I'm not a big fan when college games have too many male characters just because I always feel like the bro scenes would take away development time that could've been used on building the female characters instead. This is a little bit amplified in this game where they forced a main group and they consist of 3 guys and 2 girls, the closest friend outside the group is a guy, and the rival is another guy too. This relegated the other girls to mostly interact individually with MC which is kind of a shame because it would've been nice for a game with good overall female cast to interact more as a group.

The game is still good and definitely worth to keep an eye on. Hopefully it will only get better as we go.
https://f95zone.to/threads/law-school-ep-1-mistermaya.184252/post-13949026

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Brother, it's 2024 and MisterMaya is an experienced developer, so why do girls look alike as if they were born from the same mother?
And most of the models have already been used many times :FacePalm:
unless spends small fortune on daz asset packs or is really good with modifying assets then that can happen.

Reactions: burbero

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
Excellent first chapter and the ending was a great cliffhanger. I'm definitely hooked enough to await the next release. I loved the grounded aspect of the portrayal of a college. You don't see that in AVNs often. Hopefully MC's real parents aren't part of a mafia or something and ruin my favorite part of the AVN. The LIs are all being fleshed out at a healthy pace. The only ones that I would say that I truly disliked were Andrea and Jessica but I suspect that Andrea would have her own growth. The MC is such a nerd and I'm all for it. It's not a common archetype among AVNs (unless if he's a creep at the same time). MC does feel too OP tho: handsome, intelligent, kind, charismatic, etc - hopefully we would notice some of his flaws soon. A perfect MC is boring imo.

Only two criticisms: 1. Olive Garden is such a silly name lmao. 2. The game mentions that the MC can be altruistic or selfish, but the choices aren't obvious in this matter. Perhaps, the choices could be marked and there could be an option to toggle the visibility of these markings.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Come on, MisterMaya. I love your writing for the most part and I'm invested in your story but... That tongue lashing Professor Caroline subjects the MC to over her own indiscretion? Give our MC a spine, dude! Yeah, I get it. He's still just an 18 yr old kid and she's a sophisticated dominatrix who likes spankin' the librarian's bare ass in public... Bullcrap! He's supposed to be smart. He's 6' 4" and she's 5 foot nuthin'. Oh, yeah... Some of the renders are believable... too many are not. People 6' 4" tall tower over 98% of the rest of the human race (whether they wear stripper heels or not) and are even more intimidating when they have a large athletic build.

As I said, I'm invested in your story and I appreciate your work. That doesn't stop me from promoting more accuracy in projecting a strong main character (which is what I think you intend). Man, I just wanted to back that bitch the hell up so bad... Jus' Sayin':cool:

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
As I said, I'm invested in your story and I appreciate your work. That doesn't stop me from promoting more accuracy in projecting a strong main character (which is what I think you intend). Man, I just wanted to back that bitch the hell up so bad... Jus' Sayin':cool:
Gotta agree with that. MC doesn't look imposing enough for the frame that he is suppose to have. He gives Rose the nickname of "shrimp" but her head clears his shoulders more often than not.

And he is clearly an intelligent and charismatic lad (the closing statement and the argument for the house), but sometimes his intelligence isn't apparent enough especially in scenes like the bathroom blackmail and the Professor's verbal lashing (for her mistake!).

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Come on, MisterMaya. I love your writing for the most part and I'm invested in your story but... That tongue lashing Professor Caroline subjects the MC to over her own indiscretion? Give our MC a spine, dude! Yeah, I get it. He's still just an 18 yr old kid and she's a sophisticated dominatrix who likes spankin' the librarian's bare ass in public... Bullcrap! He's supposed to be smart. He's 6' 4" and she's 5 foot nuthin'. Oh, yeah... Some of the renders are believable... too many are not. People 6' 4" tall tower over 98% of the rest of the human race (whether they wear stripper heels or not) and are even more intimidating when they have a large athletic build.

I agree and my conclusion is that this avn is supposed to be very light-hearted. The conflicts or drama like the scene you mentioned with the prof spanking the libarian and forgetting to close the library and having the nerve to scold the mc about it or the weird blackmail attempt with the kiss picture ... :ROFLMAO:

I dont think were supposed to take this stuff too seriously, its just some goofy fun imo and its fine like that if there arent huge and dire consequences for these "plots". The MC being so overly worried about being able to study at the library at late hours or running back to the reception because he cant stand sharing a room with such a horrific bully girl who laughed about the teddy is a similar thing lmao.

Its kinda switching a bit back an forth between serious and super goofy.

But i enjoyed it so far.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I agree and my conclusion is that this avn is supposed to be very light-hearted. The conflicts or drama like the scene you mentioned with the prof spanking the libarian and forgetting to close the library and having the nerve to scold the mc about it or the weird blackmail attempt with the kiss picture ... :ROFLMAO:

I dont think were supposed to take this stuff too seriously, its just some goofy fun imo and its fine like that if there arent huge and dire consequences for these "plots". The MC being so overly worried about being able to study at the library at late hours or running back to the reception because he cant stand sharing a room with such a horrific bully girl who laughed about the teddy is a similar thing lmao.

Its kinda switching a bit back an forth between serious and super goofy.

But i enjoyed it so far.
Yeah... Well, you may be correct. There is a lot of "law and order" goin' on so, maybe some of the buffoonery is meant to lighten the air. Still, IRL, Caroline comes at me like that only to find out the true meaning of "make you my bitch". Jus' Sayin' :cool:

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
Enjoyed the ep. 1, it's nice to see the MC have a friend group that's not just solely his LI's. The episode ended like a 30 min cable TV cliff hanger does, kind of interesting. Lana very much felt like a plot device to move forwards Rose's LI path. Meaning she gets somewhat jealous and views the MC as more than a friend.
Overall nice intro, hopefully time with the LI's balances out next episode.

Reactions: motseer

Ano00

Jun 23, 2018
some walktrough would be apreciate,some mini games have actual law based questions,hell we all can answer some of them but not all and they unlock special renders and is annoying to google stuff about those questions

other than that,the game seams nice and hope it will get updates and not another abandoned good game :)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
some walktrough would be apreciate,some mini games have actual law based questions,hell we all can answer some of them but not all and they unlock special renders and is annoying to google stuff about those questions

other than that,the game seams nice and hope it will get updates and not another abandoned good game :)
google/whatever helps on those.

4.20 star(s) 22 Votes