Collection Video Lazy Procrastinator Collection [2024-04-12] [LazyProcrast]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

RavenOfOld

Just a simple pervert
Uploader
May 16, 2021
I don't get why some videos with audio have the double of size of the original's, while keeping the original frame sizes. The original videos already have a high bitrate for 1080p.

Here is the new doa pack with audio.

Workupload
Yes. Why audio designers re-reencode instead of remux their audio is beyond me. I really hate how some people tamper with the original video, either re-rendering it with obsurd bitrates, or people uploading to shit sites like rule34.xxx which obliterate the original quality of the files. That's why I created an archive for this stuff so that all audio is properly remuxed to the original videos.

J_Doe

Aug 2, 2018
I don't get why some videos with audio have the double of size of the original's, while keeping the original frame sizes. The original videos already have a high bitrate for 1080p.

Here is the new doa pack with audio.

Workupload
It's done because most of them have tiers of access, so they need to offer something beyond the original. Sometimes it's watermark free, sometimes it's AI upscales, sometimes it's higher bitrate. They do it to justify their middle-tier patreon options normally.

DreamRider

Dec 11, 2018
The watermark they add can be a valid reason indeed, or an upscale (which is honestly useless in most cases if you really know what an upscale does).

A higher bitrate offers absolutely nothing beyond excess file size, you can never really improve upon an original video with such a take, increasing the bitrate is just plain laughable. It simply doesn't work like that.

If I had to guess the main reason, it would be mostly lack of video editing knowledge basics. Using default application settings for bitrate editing etc.

PS1: added 2 new ones on the latest link from adude btw. Honoka.
PS2: Seems like you are losing some audio quality on those renatobustillos (check audio bitrates).

Last edited:

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
It's done because most of them have tiers of access, so they need to offer something beyond the original. Sometimes it's watermark free, sometimes it's AI upscales, sometimes it's higher bitrate. They do it to justify their middle-tier patreon options normally.
So because of greed it not enough to just add their own audio/remix the audio. But they have to tamper with the original quality of the video to justify having high tiers on their Patreon pages.

Apr 27, 2018
The watermark they add can be a valid reason indeed, or an upscale (which is honestly useless in most cases if you really know what an upscale does).

A higher bitrate offers absolutely nothing beyond excess file size, you can never really improve upon an original video with such a take, increasing the bitrate is just plain laughable. It simply doesn't work like that.

If I had to guess the main reason, it would be mostly lack of video editing knowledge basics. Using default application settings for bitrate editing etc.

PS1: added 2 new ones on the latest link from adude btw. Honoka.
PS2: Seems like you are losing some audio quality on those renatobustillos (check audio bitrates).
I'm using a simple code in FFmpeg:

ffmpeg -i "input.mp4" -i "audio.mp4" -map 0:v -map 1:a -c:v copy -shortest "output.mp4"

From what I heard it shouldn't reduce the quality. So tell me if you know how to improve it.

DreamRider

Dec 11, 2018

ffmpeg -i "input.mp4" -i "audio.mp4" -map 0:v -map 1:a -c:v copy -shortest "output.mp4"

From what I heard it shouldn't reduce the quality. So tell me if you know how to improve it.
Ok I try but no promises.
You can try this if you want on the mapping part of video/audio so that it is forced to use the first video and first audio stream that it respectively finds only, just in case ->

-map 0:v:0 -map 1:a:0

Also, not sure if this can lead to problems or not in this case, but instead of "audio.mp4" you can be using a file there that has only audio like an "audio.mp3" or wav file. The point of that parameter is to have your audio only (without video in it) to use it to maximum effect, so hopefully that's how you use it too.

Another thought, is it might have to do with codecs of original video, if for example a video has an audio codec that ffmpeg on your computer at that moment does not 100% support on an output format, it is forced to re-encode it from what I understand, so it's something to also keep in mind.

But in any case I am sure we have more experienced people here in these things than me, like alan voor who might be able to give solution(s) for remuxing audio with 0 audio loss or someone else.

Last edited:

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
I use freemake converter to make audio tracks and add it from there or use avidemux to add video.

RavenOfOld

Just a simple pervert
Uploader
May 16, 2021

This is fine in most cases. Just keep in mind, if the audio length is shorter than the video, there may be frames lost in the video. The '-shortest' line determines which of the tracks is the shortest, and remuxes to that length. So, if the audio is shorter by a significant amount, there will be frames lost in the video.

I see this very frequently when remuxing where the audio track and video track don't have the exact same lengths. To check this, I open the audio and video files in Vegas Pro. Many times the audio will be shorter by a frame or two, or just a few milliseconds. I see this pretty frequently, for some reason. These audio editors don't always match audio to the exact length of the video for some reason.

It's probably not noticeable to most, but it pisses me off and requires me to stretch the audio by just a few milliseconds to match the video properly.

I use ffmpeg for remuxing also and set up batch scripts for it. The two commands I use are:

C:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -i audio.mp4 -c copy -map 0:v:0 -map 1:a:0 "remux.mp4"
pause

This is a simple remux when I know the length of the audio and video are exact.

C:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -i audio.mp4 -c copy -map 0:v:0 -map 1:a:0 -shortest "remux.mp4"
pause

This is the same thing you're doing. If I know the audio is slightly longer, then I use this command.

Last edited:

Viger

Sep 19, 2017
Eh, waste of time in my opinion. He already made Tsukushi one, so why make another bunch? It doesn't have Tsukushi in it, so it's just worse.
What i mean to say is that he could instead recoordinate his efforts into making 10 Tsukushi vids. Everyone would happier that way.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes