4.60 star(s) 40 Votes

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
We hadn't done anything with Steam, and a small publisher approached us and offered to put some of our games there (although, at the time, LCfK was the only one we had that could go on Steam). That publisher recently got banned from Steam for content in one of the other (non-Tora) games they published, and that caused Steam to pull down all of their games. We're caught up in that and are working out how to move forward. (When I say, "we," I actually mean "Mortze" since he handles everything involving money with our games...)

Tlaero

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018

Westbank (short story)
Hey everyone. This is a short story that came about in part because of an image Mortze sent me, and in part because of a conversation I had on F95. This is way "off genre" for me, and it took a lot of work to come up with a story I didn't hate. I ended up with something I like, though. Then Mortze did some images for it and it turned into something that I really like. Don't expect me to write in this genre very often, but it was fun to step outside my comfort zone, even if just this once.
Along with "Rain God," I now have two related stories. Should I continue the "series"? If inspiration strikes, maybe.
This is going to higher level patrons today and will become available to the public tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy it.
Tlaero

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Probably a given I was going to like it given certain subject material contained.....

That said I really liked the story too. My brother was huge on westerns when I was a sproglette and me and my twinsy would watch them with him.

Lesbian western is hot though.

I know it's not the kind of thing you like to create but between this and Westbank I have really enjoyed you going off genre a little bit. While I don't expect it to be a thing going forward i've really appreciated your efforts.

There are very few good lesbian stories around so even a well done short story once in a blue moon is a welcome addition.

Thankyou for your work, hun. You're awesome.

Bossk

Jun 13, 2020
this story was both amazing and a bit of a tease. it was so good but I wanted more, it was far too good to be that short. would have loved to have seen the romance between Claryce and Keeley grow and develop over a longer period. it had a healthy happy F/F relationship, it had a hint of polyamory with no silly jealousy tropes, it had two characters who felt very real and natural. It was free

But at the end of the story I was smiling and quite happy with the way it turned out. Loved Claryce as a character. she was very human and felt easily like someone who I would count among close friends. Keeley was very good too. together they were perfect.

I also just got done reading Westbank and absolutely would be an amazing story to turn into a game. unique setting to say the very least. I dont know if you mean "off genre" as in writing F/F romance or western setting, but happily ever after F/F romance is far to uncommon in most media, and both of your stories so far have been fantastic. So if you decide to do a longer form game like this one I will probably have no choice but to consider enthusiastically supporting it with more than kind words and a 5 star review.

Reactions: EndlessNights

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018

Brocho

Aug 15, 2017
Coming back to this game right after replaying the rest of the series makes me appreciate even more all the references to the other games, particularly the really tiny ones which most people would probably miss, like James's old co-worker Frank, who was briefly mentioned by Thais in LwK. I wonder whether the little things like that were still in your memory from all those years earlier or whether you had to go through the old games to remind yourself of them. Either way, it's great that you went out of your way to make everything feel connected. I'm a bit of a sucker for continuity in any type of series, so I loved to see it.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Thanks Brocho! I did purposely fill the game with references to the earlier Keeleyverse games. I had all of the references that I wanted to use in my head, but I spent some time reading through the script of Life with Keeley to make sure I got the details correct.

Tlaero

Brocho

Aug 15, 2017
I particularly love the chapter titles referencing the older games. Speaking of chapter titles, is 'Brazilian' supposed to be (at least partially) a reference to the name Thais being popular in Brazil? Also, is there any significance to Adrian wearing a Union Jack shirt in the previous game, or is that just a style choice? It hadn't really occurred to me before where any of these characters might be from, or even whether the game is set in a specific country.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I'm glad you liked the chapter titles. They were my idea and were a lot of extra work for Mortze, so it's great to hear that people appreciated them.

I used to work with a woman from Brazil named Thais. Although none of the characterization for Thais came from this woman, that was where I came up with her name. And, in my head, the Thais in the games was from Brazil for that reason.

I've intentionally not set either of the main universes in a particular country. I'd like for people to have the ability to think it's in whatever country they'd like. I do minimal country obfuscation in the games, like having people call "emergency" instead of "911" but I'm sure I'm not perfect at that. For instance, I'll bet I've referred to money as "dollars" at some point.

That said, I live in the United States and Mortze lives in Europe. So, if it seems like the writing feels American but the visuals feel European, that's probably why.

In my mind, the games are set in an alternate world that's very similar to ours, but isn't actually ours. I don't think there's a major city called "Sangrive" anywhere, and Won from Darkness Falls is from a little country on the border of China that doesn't exist. In my next game, Chasing Beth, a war that didn't happen will play an important role, etc.

Tlaero

realjitter

Jun 21, 2021
I played the Lesbian route first and i thought it was decent..
It's a short story so things have to move at a certain pace.., although for some reason i never really bought the fact that Keeley is gay/bi curious...I don't know why

After i was done i decided to check out the other path too and i'm sorry to be negative here, but i didn't like it one bit =\
I took the "try to get your girlfriend back" path

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So yeah, the girl path was good/okay, but i'd stay away from the dude path unless you just want to screw all the women..then it obviously doesn't really matter what actually happens there and you can just rub one out or something :p

Last edited:

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Thank you for playing the game and taking the time to write so much feedback. You're spot on.

My admittedly mistaken goal in this one was to try to give different people something to enjoy. The Claryce path is the story I wanted to tell and the James one was intended for all the people who complain about vanilla sex and words getting in the way.

It absolutely didn't work, though. Rather than make a game that everyone enjoys, I made a game that has parts that everyone doesn't enjoy (different parts for different people).

Live and learn.

As a result, I'm going back to my niche of writing story based erotic games and not trying to please everyone.

Tlaero

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
The first link appears to have died, but the other ones seem okay.
Here are the official links that I maintain:

Tlaero

May 4, 2020
The first link appears to have died, but the other ones seem okay.
Here are the official links that I maintain:

Tlaero
Thank you so much I was gonna just buy it on steam but it appears to be gone.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Thanks Arkangel. Post #342 in this thread explains what happened with Steam.

Tlaero

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Thanks Arkangel. Post #342 in this thread explains what happened with Steam.

Tlaero
Heya hun, sorry to bother you with some nonsense but just found this and it looked a bit suspicious. Just wanted to make sure you authorised this.

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
Heya hun, sorry to bother you with some nonsense but just found this and it looked a bit suspicious. Just wanted to make sure you authorised this.

Thank you. I've reported to the site moderators.

4.60 star(s) 40 Votes