Kinky Shop

Life Happened dev.
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I can’t make me like others games anymore, after playing Life Happened. has raised the bar, for the field, to a stratospheric high.
Hi cesare.g56!

I'm speechless.

Thank you so much for your kind words!

I've been following up close all the reactions people have been showing on this thread since I released the first version of Life Happened and I am thankful to everyone that somehow contributed.

I received the most positive feedback from everyone about the things I made right and the things I had to fix or change in the game.

I heard all the feedback and fixed most of what was wrong.

Next update is being cooked and I think you guys will like the result.

Hope to hear form you soon man!

Mauze

Jun 21, 2019
Hi Kinky Shop!
Just wanted to thank you for your incredible work! Those 20 minutes were pure ecstasy for me! Your story telling, dialoges between characters , and ofcourse graphic are magnificent! I hope You won't abandon this project and we can see what happen next with Marco and Danna! Due to pandemic I currently low on money, but as soon as I get back on my feet I will donate you as much as I can. Thanks again for Your novel!

Reactions: crisbr

Kinky Shop

Life Happened dev.
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hi Kinky Shop!
Just wanted to thank you for your incredible work! Those 20 minutes were pure ecstasy for me! Your story telling, dialoges between characters , and ofcourse graphic are magnificent! I hope You won't abandon this project and we can see what happen next with Marco and Danna! Due to pandemic I currently low on money, but as soon as I get back on my feet I will donate you as much as I can. Thanks again for Your novel!
Hi Mauze!

I am so thankful for your kind words!
I know it's been some time after the first release, but I want to assure you that under no circumstances this project will be put to a stop.
I work alone and in my spare time you know. That make things run a bit slower than I wished, but the next update is cooking and my guess is: it's around 60% ready.
Rendering the graphics alone is a nightmare and it's the most time consuming thing in the process.
Right now I'm rendering in two rigs simultaneously to try and make things run faster.
So please be patient. I bet you gonna like the results!
Once more thank you Mauze for your love!
I hope you get back on your feet soon. I would love to have you as a patron (Between us: I'm really needing more of those).
Hope to hear more from you soon!

Reactions: crisbr

seth23

Aug 12, 2020
good start but please????

the bodyhair on the girl is just ..... weird to say it friendly :eek:

looks like a fur is growing on her body eekkkkk :sick:
a woman supposed to be a ballerina would NEVER let a fur grow on her body that would just look disgusting on her.
If you look at a woman up close, you'll notice that they do actually have body hair. It's perfectly normal and yes, even when they are dancers. The effect in game may be a bit pronounced, but it's still realistic. Plenty of women are just happy with how they naturally look (especially if they look like that character does) and decide not to bother with shaving their legs. And I don't know a single woman who shaves her forarms.

Ginyu6789

Apr 9, 2018
just curious how easy is it to avoid ntr is it obvious or one of them types where i need a walkthrough to avoid it lol

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Well, lookee here, an interesting game premise that has no incest! Nice. I haven't played. Will download soon, but am busy at the moment.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
It's mostly a clicking game.
It takes about an hour to get to the first option if you bother reading it.
I can barely see that option.
Hope they make a walkthrough mod for the next update.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Just played this today. Here is my analysis of the game so far, gonna say what I found good and what I found bad.

The Good:
-Original story
-interesting drama
-some surprises
-some dark humor
-nice character models
-pretty nice renders too.
-Various routes (In the future)
-Looks promising
-built-in walkthrough on choices!

(None of this really needs a deeper elaboration, as it's going good and the good doesn't need a reason to be good it's just good)

If it's got all that going for it, how can it also have bad stuff? I don't want to be a dick, but I'm going to point out some of the stuff I found offputting...

The Bad:

-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
-This game uses "dutch angles" about as often as the film "Battlefield Earth"... If they were used more sparingly they would serve their purpose better.
-Sometimes it feels like it's light on renders. When you click over a dozen times on the same image and it hasn't changed yet it's like come on guy... put another image in there. Of course, not all parts of the game are like this, but this sort of thing happens a bit more often than I'd like especially during heated scenes that should show a range of emotions.
-This may be nitpicking, but the frequent jumps back and forth in the flashbacks from past to present. I think it would have been a bit better to just stick in that flashback as one large flashback then finally come back to the present when that prologue is over. It would be like if in the film "Titanic" after every scene on the Titanic they jumped to old Rose she blabbered some more nonsense when you are trying to focus on her story and not her if that would be a good comparison.
-I feel sometimes it goes way too long without a choice. What felt like hundreds of clicks without a choice... I understand that more choices add more branching inceasing the complexity and all that and that is bad for scope creep. I think if at a few points during these long choiceless stretches they put in some simple inconsequential choices like "stare at her tits or ass or not" or "kiss vs hug" or "kick vs punch" (I'm talking things that may change at most a few renders or lines of chat) it would feel more engaging. That being said, at the very end of the update, it feels like the opposite somehow became true!? Like a heavy bombardment of choices and all of them have different variables and crammed into a short time.
-The sudden end of this update after so many choices at the end felt disappointing. It would have been much less disappointing if went just a tiny bit further in the story. Felt like sitting at a restaurant ordering a bunch of food off the menu having the waitress bring you your drinks and you dine and dash before the food gets there. I wanted muh burger!

Overall it seems like it's going to be a good game, but some of the stuff I mentioned in the bad was frustrating, and hopefully get worked on. Hope this helps.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I was a lot closer to the end of the other game when I typed my previous message, can we get a workupload or a nopy for this?

Kinky Shop

Life Happened dev.
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hi yihman1

Man, that's what I call feedback! Thanks for that!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- About the long text on the same render... You are completely right, I tend to do that. It's a flaw and I will try to do better on that regard...
- Since this is your first time playing it's understandable your surprise on the change of pace between the MC's past and the final part of this update. I'll try to give you some context:
When the game was first released it hadn't the MC's past built in... In its place there was a lot of text and I mean, a lot... This update tried to fix that by adding renders (more than 800) to that render void..."
- The lack of choices on MC's past is due to two main factors: The first one you said already (Too many branches is hard to track and even harder to manage and render); the second was due to my desire to set Mc's past in stone. On that specific part the MC is just telling a tale of his own life... There are 3 decisions I recall of now and they were important ones because they are directly linked to what the player may or may not like (Cheating, Trans content and Mom role-play).

I want to thank you once more Yihman1 for your honest feedback.
Hope to hear from you soon.

3.80 star(s) 68 Votes