VN Ren'Py Completed Lilith's Longing [v1.0] [Clever Name Games]

4.70 star(s) 19 Votes

Proffejor

Mar 2, 2020
Ok, I have a controversial take on the contents of this side story, and I want to talk to you about how much this story sucks from poor Justin's point-of-view.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not saying that Justin is a saint, or that he did nothing wrong, and obviously I like Lilith and am far more interested in her perspective, but the lack of empathy we can find for Justin is kind of extreme in my opinion.

I mean, he still touched my girl so he should have fire ants inserted one by one into his urethra until he dies of formic acid poisoning, but hopefully this post gives an alternative viewpoint that you might not have considered. :p

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ok, I have a controversial take on the contents of this side story, and I want to talk to you about how much this story sucks from poor Justin's point-of-view.

I'm not saying that Justin is a saint, or that he did nothing wrong, and obviously I like Lilith and am far more interested in her perspective, but the lack of empathy we can find for Justin is kind of extreme in my opinion.

I mean, he still touched my girl so he should have fire ants inserted one by one into his urethra until he dies of formic acid poisoning, but hopefully this post gives an alternative viewpoint that you might not have considered. :p
For the record I never called him a douche.

Personally I think young adults should avoid relationships. They generally aren't ready for that kind of commitment and should have some fun before they even consider settling down.

By fun I don't just mean fuck anything that moves. Do some travelling or at least a few holidays. Maybe to those party islands, it was Ibiza when I was growing up, no idea if that's still the place to go but something like that.

Sure, get laid, finish studies or whetever then think about the long term.

I've seen so many people try and settle down in their teens and it rarely ever lasts. One day they wake up and wonder where the fuck their life went because they didn't do anything.

Me and twinsy travelled for a couple of years, went to Ibiza and Magaluf, stuff like that. I had a couple of relationships but nothing I was invested in. I didn't meet the woman i'd be marrying until I was into my 20's.

I see a young couple in these games and you know one of them is going to cheat.

I may not be a guy but I still know if a young guy that's not really committed to a relationship gets offered more pussy he aint gonna turn it down. Sure some might but in general, the time is usually pussy'o'cock when that happens.

I'm a dyke, I know how hard it is to turn down offered pussy. I'd never cheat on my girl now but at 18/19 if some random girl had spread their legs then it may as well have been a fat kid facing an all you can eat buffet because thankyou for the meal I don't mind if i do munch that rug.

Justin did what any guy thinking with his cock would do and I won't blame him for that.

My problem has always been with Lil and how she pushes people away and says the dumbest of shit.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020

I believe that some people hate Justin because when he met Abby he was drooling over her and when MC went to ask Lilly to go to his house because he would tell you something that would make Abby sad, MC saw Justin talking about some "special cream" to a female costumer. So, yeah... And I believe it was before Lilly broke off plans with him. Well, I think he is just a stupid kid like the most kids in his age, lol

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020

Justin is a "Douche" :coffee:

Proffejor

Mar 2, 2020
Ouch! Don't need a congressional committee to determine if this is an advanced interrogation technique or torture. Now I will have horrible nightmares all night.
It is unfortunate that my sleep deprived ramblings operate without any oversight.

I was only going for comedic overkill, and I am sorry for any night terrors my words may have inspired.

Reactions: pochops

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

It's a convenient rationalization except for the dialog that Lilly overhears when she catches them. That kind of trash talk about a girl he professed to care for while he's cheating on her with someone he knows she considers a friend, puts him pretty squarely in asshole land.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Soo.. is it necessary to have played v 0.11 of SA to play this :unsure: :unsure: I was waiting for v 0.12 of SA to play it but now that this SS came out I have this doubt

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Soo.. is it necessary to have played v 0.11 of SA to play this :unsure: :unsure: I was waiting for v 0.12 of SA to play it but now that this SS came out I have this doubt

I would say that playing it now would be better even that after reading 0.12. But yes, I do recommend playing 0.11 first.

Reactions: Chimba

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Played Lilith's Longing yesterday. Some thoughts, heavily spoilered.

Re: the scenes with Justin. I have a voyeuristic streak, plus naked Lilith. So I played through. I understand some don't want to see that. But if you aren't put off by watching her with someone else, some of them are worth it. I found the blowjob scenes poor. Bad lighting and angle in the cinema, bad angle in bedroom, and there's something off about the way the girls' mouths look at times when sucking (I saw it with Becca in the kitchen as well.) Maybe it's just me.

But the fucking! Oh, the fucking. Lilith looks so freaking hot fucking. Particularly the doggy scene.

In other news, I was re-playing the final scenes of Single Again and when it gets to the screen which says "thank you for playing", with an image of the girls, I always quit at that point. This time I clicked through, expecting to end up back on the menu.

Holy ... ! Nice surprise! If you haven't watched those end credits, do it. Do it now. If you like the girls you will not regret it.

Last edited:

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Played Lilith's Longing yesterday. Some thoughts, heavily spoilered.
Your spoilered section is pretty spot on. We found out about her relationship with Abby in the main game, and that relationship is one of the keys to understanding her as well. The reason she cheats with Abby is that she values her relationship with Abby more than any man. She is not gay, it is just that she doesn't view men with the seriousness she views her other relationships. Yes it hits her hard when they leave her because of her Daddy issues but because of those same issues she doesn't fully connect with men, even when she is having sex with them.

I understand why people hated Lilith, up to the point where she comes to Frank after the break-up she was annoyingly prickly to him. When she gets Abby through that big revelation and when she goes to Frank after she is cheated on, we see the Lilith that Abby has told us exists, that she has seen. Being betrayed by her friend and boyfriend and having them mock her body just wrecked her and she realised that Frank who had no real reason to be in her life but was still trying hard to be was really the daddy she was looking for. Finding out her bio-dad was the one that broke up Frank's relationship, and made Abby move away was the final devestating blow becasue bio-dad never even came to see her. He rejected her again. This why I think people will be pleasently surprised at Lilith moving forward.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I liked Lilith even before then. She was always my favourite. It was clear to me from early on that she didn't really hate the MC. Her actions with him were inconsistent. Unless you thought about them as being the actions of someone who was putting up walls to protect themselves. Then they made sense. I am sure she did have some resentment toward him because he was an obstacle to her father coming back and her family being whole again.

But she also had to have registered on some level how he treated her (and we see in this story that she did,) and Becca, and Abby. Particularly Abby, who she loves, and knows he loves, and knows Abby loves him. That last is important. Usually in this situation the stepdaughter only gets the see the stepfather through her own eyes (the way her mother/bio-sister see him can easily be inconsequential.) But Lilith had Abby to show her that the MC is worthy of her love. So we got moments in between her sarcasm and prickliness where she showed another side, like when she danced with him and the first time she ended up sleeping with her head in his lap (which was pretty much when I fully fell for her.) These moments hinted at her being more than a tsundere type character or just a bitch who hated him. I'm very happy to have it now out in the open that I was right about her.

I don't think the people who still dislike her will ever change that opinion. They're unable to see her in a way which allows them to forgive her. Ironically, I think they're acting toward her the way she acted toward the MC. The evidence of her not being what they think is there, they just don't want to see it.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Played through it and I must say it gives some interesting insights into why Lili is the way she is.

Finally, I can understand why people don't like her, I also find her quite exhausting from time to time. At the same time, for me she is the person who has the most potential for character development and I hope her fuse eases in future updates.

Reactions: pgm_01

Tysonator2000

Feb 24, 2020
I liked that this showed some of the flashbacks of when Frank came into Lily's life, like him teaching her how to swim. He didn't have to be so loving and kind to her despite her being so cruel to him. I understand it was due to her abandonment issues with her father. Most people haven't experienced it themselves, so they wouldn't know how devastating it is to a child. It puts more perspective into why she chose to go see Frank after Justin cheated on her. I think it would've ended better just before walking in on Frank and Abby sleeping together. Her yelling kind of made it seem like we're back to square one with her.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Cliffhangers in general are a cheap trick. The game would 100% be better without it, regardless of how it makes you see Lilith's character.

jwolf09

Oct 18, 2020
this really should have been apart of the main game cause in the main she breaks up with the boyfriend. not going to say how it happens so your just going to have to play the game through because many people on the main game are missing alot of context to how everything is going. example why do you think there is no incest patch for the main game.

4.70 star(s) 19 Votes