Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
How do I quick skip dialogue. Rather not mash spacebar or click mouse till it explodes!
Your first Ren'py game, I assume? Hold Ctrl to skip, and you can change skipping behavior in the preferences menu. Just make sure not to skip text you haven't read before. In my opinion, there's not much point in playing LLtP if you just want to look at the pictures.

Oct 2, 2018
Not my first but usually see a skip or some menu under the dialogue boxes. Thanks! Well, I want to read the text I have not read before thats why I want to skip what I have read to get to those points faster!

Oct 2, 2018
Keep visiting the Church at night or trying to find something to get a clue on Agnes but always kicks me out with empty hands. Is there like an exact moment in a certain day to do this? Or is it just hating on me?

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Keep visiting the Church at night or trying to find something to get a clue on Agnes but always kicks me out with empty hands. Is there like an exact moment in a certain day to do this? Or is it just hating on me?
1. You can't get all the clues in the church without first breaking into Callie's house at night. Specifically, the clues you get by exploring the church are blocked until after you break into Callies' house.

2. There are two clues to be found while exploring the church, one in the day, the other at night. They don't trigger every single time you explore, so try a few days in a row until you get the clue (exploring only advances the clock if there's something to be found). Once you've gotten those two clues, there's nothing more to be found by exploring. (Each clue is accompanied by seeing Agnes in a sexy scene).

3. If Agnes is standing at the altar when you enter the church, you cannot explore. She's not there all the time.

Reactions: LewdMiester001
Oct 2, 2018
Now I'm stuck with not being able to find out Nell is the fairy Queens daughter... Must be hitting those flags wrong. Or missed one. Samara has no new dialogue so asking her is a waste of time! Any help with that would move me forwards at least!

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Now I'm stuck with not being able to find out Nell is the fairy Queens daughter... Must be hitting those flags wrong. Or missed one. Samara has no new dialogue so asking her is a waste of time! Any help with that would move me forwards at least!
Visit Samarra in her tent and "talk about Samarra" until the option disappears. The bit you need for that quest is the very last chunk of her story. If she says she doesn't trust you enough to tell you the next chunk of her story, you have to do something to impress her more (landing a blow and winning a fight are the keys to getting the last two chunks of the story).

If you've already done that, then you should have the clue. Look in the clue interface, there should be two clues with headshots of nell as the picture, one for her small secret and one for the clue from Samarra.

ETA: if you somehow haven't bothered yet to uncover Nell's small secret, that may be blocking your getting the second clue.

Reactions: LewdMiester001

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Honestly, it's entirely possible that I do replace the music at some point in the future and release the game on Steam, but I would also probably have to remove the sleep sections in the process to remain safe. Suffice it to say, it's a huge undertaking that would change the mood of the game in several important ways. I'm not excited about doing this kind of thing, but then again, I've been told that it pays. Extremely well, in fact.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Wait, I am a bit sleepy at least my brain, does that mean Steam is with Wincest cool, but not with Sleepsex ?

Mar 29, 2021
Wait, I am a bit sleepy at least my brain, does that mean Steam is with Wincest cool, but not with Sleepsex ?
Yes, Steam is pretty fine with incest, it's a common misunderstunding, but it is only a Patreon issue.
And, actually, Dreams of Desire is on Steam for a while now, and its start basically revolves around only the sleepsex trope :)
On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that it's not the only game on Steam that has it (Man of the House, Lust Theory and Motherless have something if I remember correctly, maybe also Summer with Mia, My Cute Roommate, Indecent Desires and Prince of Suburbia have it as well), but unfortunately I can't think of any other titles off the top of my head :(

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
I have updated my guide. It now includes hints for the multiple choice parts of the endgame (very last section). I also extensively reworked the playing strategy/mini walkthrough section.

Unless someone points out an omission/error, or I think of something new to add, this will probably be the last update to the guide.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Based on what people tell me and my general impressions of the game length when playtesting, I'd say a first-time player who actually reads all the text instead of skipping is likely to spend 15-20 hours reaching their first ending, probably closer to 20 than 15.

VNDB currently places the game at 18 hours 22 minutes based on 2 votes.

A Great Oni

Nov 4, 2018
Great game, defintley one of the better VN's I've played. Would've been better had the harem ending been more amicable. The emphasis on the lack of free will and the specification of it killed it for me, even more so when I rolled back to see this was the only harem true harem ending. Not what I expected after coming back to this though I still enjoyed the game and I'd give it a 6/10, defintley worth the time.

4.60 star(s) 375 Votes