Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Not the path i took so nope needed to hack!
As I said, the joke's on you. There's no end to the money you can earn in your game. Your choice of path changes literally nothing about that.

Reactions: bobbo69

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
My first playthrough i sure did run out of money!
I guess this game has some place i never seen that gives you copper i'm gonna look for it.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
My first playthrough i sure did run out of money!
I guess this game has some place i never seen that gives you copper i'm gonna look for it.
You can absolutely run out of money, but there are always ways to earn it back, and fast too. You have access to several different jobs, only one of which can be locked away from you based on your choices. The must lucrative job is always available, once unlocked.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
You can absolutely run out of money, but there are always ways to earn it back, and fast too. You have access to several different jobs, only one of which can be locked away from you based on your choices. The must lucrative job is always available, once unlocked.
Not saying you can't get it, but the path i took i ran out and needed it for a scene and others have had the same issue!

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Not saying you can't get it, but the path i took i ran out and needed it for a scene and others have had the same issue!
So... what you're saying is that because you planned out things in a way that meant you couldn't pay someone immediately, there's somehow not enough money in the game? It sounds like you've been following the walkthrough to the letter and thinking that it somehow represents the "correct" way to play the game.

If I build a city in SimCity and run out of funds, that doesn't mean the game doesn't have enough money in it. That just means I didn't plan well.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
So... what you're saying is that because you planned out things in a way that meant you couldn't pay someone immediately, there's somehow not enough money in the game? It sounds like you've been following the walkthrough to the letter and thinking that it somehow represents the "correct" way to play the game.

If I build a city in SimCity and run out of funds, that doesn't mean the game doesn't have enough money in it. That just means I didn't plan well.
If the days matter in this game then yes having money at the right moment should matter!
Also i'm done going back and forth i'm just gonna start over!

I do think that!

Reactions: Forgetfull Phantom

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Once you meet the nymph you can learn to be a better hunter and make money killing wild pigs for you uncle. It eats up a day but right now days don't matter.
To bad you just can't have Belle rob a bank. She can fly, is invisible, tiny enough to sneak around, and has flexible morals.

Reactions: bobbo69
Aug 15, 2017
I just played this game for the first time and I share some of your speculations.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Does anyone else think the crone is princess' sister, and she tries to protect her ? :D
A few of us have speculated that. Welcome to the team.
If the days matter in this game then yes having money at the right moment should matter!
Also i'm done going back and forth i'm just gonna start over!

I do think that!
As of right now, you can get exactly the same amount of money in exactly the same amount of time without allowing things to proceed between Evelyn and Thaddeus, assuming you wait to interrupt them until Day 6, which is the first time the walkthrough has you spy on them. After that, you just need to accelerate your pathfinding training with Erato. The only reason the walkthrough has you wait until Day 17 to complete the training is to have Perversity 4 before hand. You can do it earlier, but some options, such as Ass to Mouth, will be locked although that isn't really important. You will have saved 2 dayparts by not spying on Evelyn and Thaddeus, and you can use those to Hunt Boar one extra time, earning 20 copper, which is exactly the amount you lose for interrupting them on Day 6. Assuming you're trying to accomplish the most in the shortest amount of time, which is one of the walkthrough's goals, you can find yourself on the afternoon of Day 22 having accomplished everything other than watching Thaddeus and Evelyn in the game. It just takes some forethought and rearranging of events.

thusetro

Dec 4, 2017
I find the speculation game funy, so I participate :
This seems perhaps a little confused but english is not my language so please be lenient.

Reactions: Belle

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I find the speculation game funy, so I participate :
This seems perhaps a little confused but english is not my language so please be lenient.
What you think may be correct i agree that the Crone is one of the sisters and what you say may be right.
Crone is indeed Selena in disguise and she is the woman at the river.
Lilith is possessed, i agree with that also!

Thanks for the info and like i said i just started over!
I just was a little annoyed since this and another game i had to start over the other game had save issues.
It can get hard remembering and keeping track of all the options you make in games you are playing.

Reactions: thusetro

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Instead of transferring the new files into the old folder, I transferred my saves into the new folder. That did the trick. So why change how Samarra talks? Her old speech patterns were better.

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
I hate to bring this up again but why exactly do you guys use a walkthrough and cheats? What you should do is basically spelt out for you and there's no point in increasing ANY stat or currency since the story itself is in you getting these things.

I really see no point in these things so if someone could educate me what they use them for I'd appreciate it.

Reactions: Belle

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
I hate to bring this up again but why exactly do you guys use a walkthrough and cheats? What you should do is basically spelt out for you and there's no point in increasing ANY stat or currency since the story itself is in you getting these things.

I really see no point in these things so if someone could educate me what they use them for I'd appreciate it.
I mostly agree with you. Especially for this game. I occasionnaly use walkthrough when games leave you with no clue about what to do ( typicaly sand box games without any hints of what's next). If a game is well written you'll know what to do and just follow the story, if not it can become extremely frustrating.
As for the cheats, stats or money, it depends on the level of grinding involved. Some games are really bad at that.

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
I mostly agree with you. Especially for this game. I occasionnaly use walkthrough when games leave you with no clue about what to do ( typicaly sand box games without any hints of what's next). If a game is well written you'll know what to do and just follow the story, if not it can become extremely frustrating.
As for the cheats, stats or money, it depends on the level of grinding involved. Some games are really bad at that.
Yeah, I get the games where you DO have to use these things(I wouldn't have finished big brother without cheats. Some games I had to use walkthroughs because, as you mention, I had no idea what to do next) but in this game, it's completely unnecessary.

Reactions: Nottravis and Belle

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
In this one no. No grinding, enough clues, intuitive paths to take and good balance between income and expenses.
I really appreciate the work belle puts in his game.

Reactions: voldybuff and Belle

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
That's a perfectly valid answer.
But the game having quite evolved with the last update and given the fact that a new walkthrough has been made, perhaps beginning a new game is not that bad. You can even skip all the dialogue you've already seen.
I myself don't have a save available so it's just an idea I put here cause I don't know if someone has one.

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes