Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
congrats indeed @Belle! regular consistent updates will see your patreon pledges increase! can't wait for v0.3!
Once per month from now on. I'm creating the updates in a different way from how I handled 0.15 and 0.20. For those I wrote and rendered non-stop until the last few days, when I desperately scrambled to put everything into the game without breaking anything. Now I'm adding each new part of the game completely before moving on to something else. That should hopefully keep my stress levels down when we get closer to the deadline.

We're just halfway through the month, but I have already implemented all the new GUI features I promised (and playtested them) and played through a couple of finished, new scenes. I deliberately got the hardest parts of the update out of the way first, so the rest should be smooth sailing (famous last words).

Aug 8, 2017
Yeah normally a game like this i would just drop. Lots and lots of dialogue and normally in this genre that is so bad but Belle has really great and entertaining dialogue, also when I saw the pixie in the screenshot I was had alarm bells go off in my head that this was going to be bad, I was wrong. The pixie is amazing. It just works. Not to mention I am so stealing his clues idea for my next game, which will probably be like in a year :p
Writing quality is a very underappreciated aspect of what makes and breaks games (with the exception of text-based games), and it is awesome to find a game with well-characterized characters that infuse everything they do with what it means to be them.

Belle, I'm not sure where I'd rank this compared to Overwatch, but that that is my benchmark puts you miles ahead of the majority of AAA.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Writing quality is a very underappreciated aspect of what makes and breaks games (with the exception of text-based games), and it is awesome to find a game with well-characterized characters that infuse everything they do with what it means to be them.

Belle, I'm not sure where I'd rank this compared to Overwatch, but that that is my benchmark puts you miles ahead of the majority of AAA.
Thank you! I guess it helps that I have previous writing experience, that I read a lot of books, and that I've poured through vast amounts of writing tips by professional writers. I'm the worst judge when it comes to my own writing, but what you describe about characters is definitely what I try to do, even if I have a hard time judging how well I do it. The characters need to have their own voice in my head for it to work. If I try to force their dialogue it just doesn't work. Instead I write them on instinct, letting my image of them in my head decide their mannerisms. It's kind of an amazing process. There have been moments while writing this game where I've burst out laughing at some joke that I was totally unprepared for, even though I wrote it myself.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
What, if anything, is that from?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
@Belle You said that you'll introduce the agility trainer at 0.4 but i have some questions. What are you exactly focusing on the 0.3 update? Saw you commenting about an UI update, but what else? And you'll start focusing on the others stats trainings like the courage one at 0.4?
I'm focusing on expanding existing content and bringing the story forward, finishing the basics before we start to move on to new frontiers with 0.4. I hope to include the early stages of courage training. I could say more, but I want it to be a surprise, and I'm not sure how much I'll have the time to include before the end of the month. I am striving to include at least one sex scene per update from now on, because when it comes down to it, that's what this game is about in the end.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Ow yeah sorry.
It reminded me of your little pixie and had to come to this thread and post the pic. :)

That game has NTR where Claire is nothing but a fucktoy and an object for her family to use which I despise, but the game has amazing models/art.

Umaru-chan

Aug 12, 2016
Soooo i'm guessing I can't advance past the first secret on each girl? Is there a current end to this game? I can't find a way to visit the witch and what was all the perversion books for if I can't do anything yet.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Soooo i'm guessing I can't advance past the first secret on each girl? Is there a current end to this game? I can't find a way to visit the witch and what was all the perversion books for if I can't do anything yet.
You've reached the end of the current content, so you didn't miss anything. The books are there as groundwork for later versions.

Umaru-chan

Aug 12, 2016
You've reached the end of the current content, so you didn't miss anything. The books are there as groundwork for later versions.
Can you take out the message that there's a new game + or that the MC has to visit the witch to continue if they can't? I was wondering around for 10 in game days thinking I missed something. >w> Or add a "You have reached the end of the current content please save here and enjoy free mode"

Last edited:
Reactions: RobJoy

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Can you take out the message that there's a new game + or that the MC has to visit the witch to continue if they can't? I was wondering around for 10 in game days thinking I missed something. >w> Or add a "You have reached the end of the current content please save here and enjoy free mode"
I'm creating a full game, not pieces that are pretty much completely separate. Not everything is going to feel complete for a while, and that includes references to game mechanics that see no or little use at this point.

As mentioned before, I will try to include some kind of message about reaching the end of each content path, but you should be aware that you'll feel like the game is spamming you with these messages since there are so many different, separate threads. This isn't a linear visual novel where I can just put up a "to be continued" screen.

Reactions: n0b0dy
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes