Umaru-chan

Aug 12, 2016
I'm creating a full game, not pieces that are pretty much completely separate. Not everything is going to feel complete for a while, and that includes references to game mechanics that see no or little use at this point.

As mentioned before, I will try to include some kind of message about reaching the end of each content path, but you should be aware that you'll feel like the game is spamming you with these messages since there are so many different, separate threads. This isn't a linear visual novel where I can just put up a "to be continued" screen.
Good! Nothing worse than wandering around with nothing to do because i reached the end of content without knowing it.

Reactions: RobJoy

Oct 9, 2017
I'm creating a full game, not pieces that are pretty much completely separate. Not everything is going to feel complete for a while, and that includes references to game mechanics that see no or little use at this point.

As mentioned before, I will try to include some kind of message about reaching the end of each content path, but you should be aware that you'll feel like the game is spamming you with these messages since there are so many different, separate threads. This isn't a linear visual novel where I can just put up a "to be continued" screen.
well you can put an end game if the requirement is already finish or the way the player is progressing .. maybe just put a references or quest log something like that so that we can know that the objective are already finish just like in TP or BB even thou the game continues we know that we finish what we were doing in the first place right?? :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
well you can put an end game if the requirement is already finish or the way the player is progressing .. maybe just put a references or quest log something like that so that we can know that the objective are already finish just like in TP or BB even thou the game continues we know that we finish what we were doing in the first place right?? :cool::cool::cool::cool:
I'm adding individual messages at the end of each "quest" (for lack of a better name) in version 0.3, so nothing to worry about.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I like this game, it has potential. But it is too early in development to really do anything as far as game play, but thats to be expected. At least theres a concept of what to expect in the future.

Reactions: Belle

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Belle posted this today on his patreon, can some patron post here what it is?

or maybe @Belle himself ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

landeaux

Sep 26, 2017
To sum up, real life has been busy for Belle this past week, hence the period of silence. Version 0.2 of the game will be released publicly on Monday, and 0.3 will come out for $5 patrons a little later in the week, before the end of November. New content is evenly spread across most characters, and the UI has gotten an overhaul.

Personally looking forward to seeing how it all turned out :)

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
With a new UI does this mean a fresh restart of the game? Really not a problem, since the game is still in its early versions! I've got like 20-30 (maybe more) games I've been playing I'm starting to forget what I had completed. o_O
A lot of these games I have to wait up to 2 months for an update, not the dev's fault they are busy, busy..

I did have a notebook to jot down what I could or could'nt finish but then I got lazy! :tf:

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
With a new UI does this mean a fresh restart of the game? Really not a problem, since the game is still in its early versions! I've got like 20-30 (maybe more) games I've been playing I'm starting to forget what I had completed. o_O
A lot of these games I have to wait up to 2 months for an update, not the dev's fault they are busy, busy..

I did have a notebook to jot down what I could or could'nt finish but then I got lazy! :tf:
Yes, you will have to start over. If it's any consolation, I've put in a lot of work to rewrite code so that future versions should (hopefully) let you continue with old saves. There are lots of pitfalls with this problem, but I believe I've found a method that should work. Unless new problems crop up, any saves you make with version 0.3 should also work with 0.4.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Yes, you will have to start over. If it's any consolation, I've put in a lot of work to rewrite code so that future versions should (hopefully) let you continue with old saves. There are lots of pitfalls with this problem, but I believe I've found a method that should work. Unless new problems crop up, any saves you make with version 0.3 should also work with 0.4.
If you find something and feel like you want rework the game to make it better, I can only speak for myself, but I think everyone would want that.:FeelsGoodMan: Restarting is not a big deal, there are a few games that get updated but require you to start anew. Which benefits me, because with repeated restarting I can memorize everything after a few times.

Reactions: UncleVT and Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Version 0.3 .

Changelog:

• Expanded main storyline.
  • New scenes with Belle.
  • New scenes with the Crone.
  • New scenes with Thaddeus.
  • Short new scenes with Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose.
  • Minor additions to Remove Inhibitions for Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose.
  • Revamped user interface now lets you access inventory, abilities, and see the current day and time.
  • Updated certain older scenes to utilize the new inventory system.
  • Also added ability restrictions to some of these scenes.
  • All rollback restrictions have been lifted for the time being.
  • Significant code changes to prepare for the loading of old saves in future versions of the game.
  • Added brief note when reaching the end of certain types of content. Because this is a non-linear game, such warnings will not appear for all content. If you find yourself grinding to discover new scenes, odds are you have seen everything.
  • Fixed a few typos.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Just a little warning: I forgot to update the save game logic, so you can potentially load saves from version 0.20 in 0.3. That is not intended behavior and will be very, very likely to cause problems. Please start a new game. I will be posting an updated version in a little bit that fixes this bug.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Version 0.3.1 has now been uploaded, and the Patreon post linked to above has had its links updated to point to it. You don't have to update if you already have version 0.3, but please don't try to load saved games from older versions.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes