CAznable

Jul 8, 2018
I wish there was an updated Walkthrough, I haven’t looked at the old one but I hear it’s outdated so I won’t bother, also walk through’s Kinda ruin these games for me, but I’m kinda stuck with what to do next, but alas I will stick it out and find my way through

This game is really phenomenal, the renders are top notch, the characters and the plot are both interesting, and I can’t wait to see what happens next once i find my way there :LOL:

Really great work Belle (y)

Reactions: Belle

DeFries

May 16, 2018
In terms of getting a walk through, I think i'd be a lot easier already if you allow people to start over with their stats or items already (as the game tells out to), is that something that will be implemented after the princess comes? Cause realistically that might take a few years.

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
I don't intend to change the game's design, but I'm not blind to some of the most common pitfalls. The biggest thing that I know needs tweaking is the Perversity ability. A lot of players struggle to figure out how to even begin raising that ability, so that's a clear sign that the game doesn't guide the player properly in that area. I haven't figured out how to solve that problem, but I'll get around to it.

Other things, like the clues provided by the gallery in the latest version, are also added as a result of seeing what players struggle with.

I don't intend to dumb down anything, but the game should flow properly and provide everything the player needs to decide where to focus their attention next. There is room for improvement here, but apart from Perversity, it's nothing major.
I don't see how it is difficult to understand how perversity works. In my first few times through the game (without a guide) I was able to figure out that perversity advanced by being perverse. It just made sense to me. Maybe a hint box (like you have every once in a while) saying something about how some perverse actions increase your perversity would be enough.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I don't see how it is difficult to understand how perversity works. In my first few times through the game (without a guide) I was able to figure out that perversity advanced by being perverse. It just made sense to me. Maybe a hint box (like you have every once in a while) saying something about how some perverse actions increase your perversity would be enough.
That's not what people are struggling with. It's the first few points. Many players can't even get a single point in that ability. Just search this thread for "how to raise perversity" if you don't believe me. It's probably the most common question in here.

I don't need anyone to solve this problem for me. I'll solve it myself when I can get around to it. I was just pointing out that not everything I design is all that great, and that I'm aware of this.

CAznable

Jul 8, 2018
That's not what people are struggling with. It's the first few points. Many players can't even get a single point in that ability. Just search this thread for "how to raise perversity" if you don't believe me. It's probably the most common question in here.

I don't need anyone to solve this problem for me. I'll solve it myself when I can get around to it. I was just pointing out that not everything I design is all that great, and that I'm aware of this.
But in the terms of the first points (the books) you’re literally told that you need to find the books and read them in order to raise it, why is that hard to figure out, just read what the game tells you, that’s weird.

Don’t beat yourself up too bad, everyone messes up a little sometimes, but be proud of what you’ve done here, I mean the character models for the women are top notch, I mean realistic proportions in ladies? Do you know how hard it is to find a game with that around here? Lol it ain’t perfect, but nothing is

If you wanted some constructive criticism, or more like an idea (you may have already heard this one, or maybe this is intended, so please tell me if I’m mistaken) in games like persona 5, you can actually see where each confidant is on the map to go talk to them, I feel like this game could benefit from something like that, it’s not a huge issue at all, but I can say I’ve gone home in the afternoon lots of times looking for sis only for her not to be there, maybe there could be a box that appears when you hover over a location that tells you who’s there? Again this is not a huge thing, and you may very well want the player to have to find out where people are themselves to make it more realistic (which I think is awesome) anyways, just an idea, I’m sure you’ve got plenty of awesome stuff for us around the corner and I’m looking forward to it

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
If you wanted some constructive criticism, or more like an idea (you may have already heard this one, or maybe this is intended, so please tell me if I’m mistaken) in games like persona 5, you can actually see where each confidant is on the map to go talk to them, I feel like this game could benefit from something like that, it’s not a huge issue at all, but I can say I’ve gone home in the afternoon lots of times looking for sis only for her not to be there, maybe there could be a box that appears when you hover over a location that tells you who’s there? Again this is not a huge thing, and you may very well want the player to have to find out where people are themselves to make it more realistic (which I think is awesome) anyways, just an idea, I’m sure you’ve got plenty of awesome stuff for us around the corner and I’m looking forward to it
I'm actually halfway done implementing this feature. I only stopped once I realized that it's not terribly useful in the current version of the game apart from knowing when Evelyn is home. I'm going to revisit this issue later, once all the pieces are truly starting to come together.

Reactions: CAznable

CAznable

Jul 8, 2018
I'm actually halfway done implementing this feature. I only stopped once I realized that it's not terribly useful in the current version of the game apart from knowing when Evelyn is home. I'm going to revisit this issue later, once all the pieces are truly starting to come together.
Yeah that makes sense, as of now it would only be useful for Evelyn and maybe those few times that Sam and Nell are in the library
Can’t wait to see what you do with the plot, I have a couple ideas about where the Queen’s prophecy could go ( something to do with turning off contraception maybe ;))
Also can’t wait for the Mac version here to get updated as that new Lea scene is sure to be awesome, thanks for all you do

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I decided to visit with Erato again and was surprised at the new scene. Mainly because it wasn't in the gallery. Nice. If you need a hint for the gallery later, I'd suggest "With greater risks come greater rewards."

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Well, I decided to visit with Erato again and was surprised at the new scene. Mainly because it wasn't in the gallery. Nice. If you need a hint for the gallery later, I'd suggest "With greater risks come greater rewards."
I'm still just getting the four options(blowjob, missionary, doggy and anal).

KillaBoy

Apr 7, 2019
Version 0.23.0 is .

This is the first time I've updated the version of Ren'py that the game runs on, so there is a slight risk that you might run into problems with this update. If you do, please let me know as soon as possible so that I might look into it. On the plus side, the game should run faster and smoother now, especially on platforms that are on the slower side, to begin with. This should hopefully also prevent the issue Mac users saw in 0.22.0, where saves made in 0.21.0 wouldn't load, from happening again. Fingers crossed.

We're heading back to see the Leanan Sídhe in this update, and we're also going to explore the writing room. All of this leads to something else that I've been really secretive about lately, but rest assured that this month's content doesn't stop there. You'll just have to play it to see for yourself.

Once you've played this update, you'll have a pretty good idea what 0.24 is going to be about, and you're going to be correct. I'll talk more about this in the next progress report, but feel free to join me on Discord in the #spoilers channel (patrons only for now) to share your speculation.

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.23.0:
  • Updated to the latest version of Ren'py. If you run into any issues because of this, please let me know.
  • You may once again visit the Leanan Sídhe for "romance."
  • The writing room at the library is now open for business.
  • Expanded an existing sex scene considerably with several different variations.
  • Slightly expanded remove inhibitions content for a certain character.
  • Hovering over a locked scene in the gallery will now provide a hint for how to unlock it.
  • Added a new musical track.
  • Livened up the intro with some more music.
  • Evelyn will no longer show up at the training grounds if she has left town.
  • Various tweaks and fixes.
I can't seem to find the expanded sex scene.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes