Sekifugawara

Jul 20, 2020
Is the NTR bad? As in bad for my feelings lol, planning to play the game but seeing the NTR tag regardless if it's avoidable is making me hesitant.

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
Is the NTR bad? As in bad for my feelings lol, planning to play the game but seeing the NTR tag regardless if it's avoidable is making me hesitant.
It's barely there. It's a couple of short scenes, with a character who isn't even an LI at that point.

Try using the search function next time.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
So, now that everyone has had a chance to play around with the to-do list, what are your thoughts about it? Is it helpful? Does it lack something you feel is important? Is it maybe too helpful?

I haven't actually seen any real feedback about it yet, so I'm curious.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So, now that everyone has had a chance to play around with the to-do list, what are your thoughts about it? Is it helpful? Does it lack something you feel is important? Is it maybe too helpful?

I haven't actually seen any real feedback about it yet, so I'm curious.
<-------- not played with it (relied to old wt) but saw it on 1 old save and looked nice.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Belle I think I found another bug. By day 9, I'm no longer able to read book for perversity points. I made sure to get the books at the first chance I got that Friday night, but I didn't read them right away. After Samarra and Nell show up, it seems the option to read them disappears despite only having a single point in perversity. I definitely got the books, but now I can no longer read them when working in the library or in the reading room.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Belle I think I found another bug. By day 9, I'm no longer able to read book for perversity points. I made sure to get the books at the first chance I got that Friday night, but I didn't read them right away. After Samarra and Nell show up, it seems the option to read them disappears despite only having a single point in perversity. I definitely got the books, but now I can no longer read them when working in the library or in the reading room.
Is this in NG or NG+? Have you, at any time, activated NG+ by finishing the epilogue and locking in your choices? I did find a mistaken save game patch that can potentially cause the issue you describe if you lock in NG+ and then play regular NG.

There are major issues with how I treat both Charisma and Perversity in NG+. I'm thoroughly overhauling both and fixing the problems as best I can for existing saves. NG+ turns out to be a real bitch to implement properly, with lots of really confusing logic behind the scenes.

Reactions: xapican

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Is this in NG or NG+? Have you, at any time, activated NG+ by finishing the epilogue and locking in your choices? I did find a mistaken save game patch that can potentially cause the issue you describe if you lock in NG+ and then play regular NG.

There are major issues with how I treat both Charisma and Perversity in NG+. I'm thoroughly overhauling both and fixing the problems as best I can for existing saves. NG+ turns out to be a real bitch to implement properly, with lots of really confusing logic behind the scenes.
It was in a NG but I did have a NG+ flag saved still. If I can narrow down how to reproduce it, I'll post the details, but it might be the very thing you found already.

Reactions: blackhat

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It was in a NG but I did have a NG+ flag saved still. If I can narrow down how to reproduce it, I'll post the details, but it might be the very thing you found already.
It should be basically impossible for it to be anything else. My fix won't let you read the books, but you should at least get perversity for them as if you had. Of course, anyone who has not run into the bug by the time the fix is out won't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Shamstar

Feb 8, 2020
Im in new game plus and I cant get the sixth charisma point. Its the book point, it doesnt give me the opportunity to read it

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Im in new game plus and I cant get the sixth charisma point. Its the book point, it doesnt give me the opportunity to read it
Are you on version 0.35.1, and are you 100% sure it's the book point? If you read the book on your first playthrough, the book won't show up in NG+ by design.

On the other hand, if you're on 0.35.1 and didn't have max charisma by the time you started NG+, you can't max it out. I've decided to hotfix this, most likely today. But I'm not going to release anything until I'm sure that you haven't discovered another bug. Not that I can see any reason in the code why it should go wrong, which is why I'm asking if you're absolutely sure.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
and that's why ng+ isn't used much. 1 game it is used part of money and gifts are on ng+ but rest is gone.

Shamstar

Feb 8, 2020
Are you on version 0.35.1, and are you 100% sure it's the book point? If you read the book on your first playthrough, the book won't show up in NG+ by design.

On the other hand, if you're on 0.35.1 and didn't have max charisma by the time you started NG+, you can't max it out. I've decided to hotfix this, most likely today. But I'm not going to release anything until I'm sure that you haven't discovered another bug. Not that I can see any reason in the code why it should go wrong, which is why I'm asking if you're absolutely sure.
Yeah, I didnt have the max charisma in the first playthrough, I missed the Nell point. I am on the current version

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Yeah, I didnt have the max charisma in the first playthrough, I missed the Nell point. I am on the current version
All right, so you did read the book on the first playthrough then, just as I guessed?

kyosuke01

Jul 22, 2017
Is there an epilogue ending for primrose? im not sure if i made the wrong choices but it seems like ive got almost everyone for an ending except for her and callie.

Shamstar

Feb 8, 2020
All right, so you did read the book on the first playthrough then, just as I guessed?
Yes I read the book on the first playthrough.

I also found there seems to be some issues with skillpoints in NG+ where it says you have the skillpoint, such as courage, but when you try to do the skill check it fails. I found this when talking to Callie and asking for the nude show, I had full courage but had not done courage training with the guy, and it said i didnt have enough courage

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Yes I read the book on the first playthrough.

I also found there seems to be some issues with skillpoints in NG+ where it says you have the skillpoint, such as courage, but when you try to do the skill check it fails. I found this when talking to Callie and asking for the nude show, I had full courage but had not done courage training with the guy, and it said i didnt have enough courage
That is one of the fixes in this hotfix.

With your issue resolved, I'm going to push the new update out shortly. Just have to upload over 6 GB of data first...

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Version 0.35.2 is out. I strongly recommend updating.

Changelog 0.35.2:
  • Charisma can now be increased in NG+ even if you didn't max it out in your first playthrough. You might be asked a few questions in the process. Don't worry if your charisma seems blank. It fixes itself.
  • Perversity could behave unpredictably in NG+ and even in NG if NG+ had been activated at any point. This has been fixed for both new games and existing saves, though the latter might suddenly (and safely) gain points too early if they already suffered from the effects of this bug.
  • Tweaks to Pathfinding in NG+ to properly skip Erato's training if needed and remove some dialogue when it shouldn't be there.
  • A certain Courage check used with Callie now works properly in NG+.
  • Modified and future-proofed the way charisma is awarded and how the player is notified about this. You shouldn't notice any difference here, but the code changes are substantial and necessary for version 0.36.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Is there an epilogue ending for primrose? im not sure if i made the wrong choices but it seems like ive got almost everyone for an ending except for her and callie.
yes, need to confess your love on her and other things like keeping her out of jail.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I'm having trouble trying to reproduce it. I'm using version 0.35.1, my NG+ save has all the stats maxed out, and I had it happen on a NG, not a NG+. I had it happen by day 9. Basically i got the books from her house but didn't read them instead going for the charisma book. Then after the interrogation scene, the perversity books no longer showed up for me to read them, none of them. I'll keep trying to figure out how to reproduce it, but it seems to be an elusive one.

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes