Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
So is the completed tag about to happen soon or is there more content coming up?
I curious!
This isn't my thread and I don't control or set the tags. The story is complete but some side content is not. More specific information has been posted over the course of the past few pages of the thread.

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
When I originally started developing LLtP, I promised that the finished game would be free to everyone. As such, a Steam release feels like it would be a broken promise, so I have no current plans to launch the game there.
you can make it f2p on steam, some games from here are free when they arrive on steam

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
you can make it f2p on steam, some games from here are free when they arrive on steam
Sure, but putting a game up on Steam is still a ton of work and upkeep, so it's not quite that simple. It's not something I have any current plans to do.

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
I don't control or set the tags. The story is complete but some side content is not.
The part about the tags. That I seriously did not know.
Sounds like cool development coming up. I won't bug you for the harem path as there is a mod here as I believe you've noticed. Since you won't, it is what it is and our loss. But that will be my saving grace for an ending

H1M

Jun 8, 2017
Belle true and I may subscribe again some day. I try to invest lightly here on these types of game and limit to supporting the best ones a couple of months at best. Hate to say it but house flooded this summer and with inflation sorry just cant do it. As is there are Steam games (and I am truly a gamer) that I am not buying this winter currently. Unless you have a handyman to trade.. I do wish you the best of luck and someday who knows maybe ill be in a position again to donate. Good luck Belle you deserve it!

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
All these people talking about wanting harem endings.
Nah, Evelyn, Callie, and Belle (fairy).
Close childhood friend, family, and your partner in crime all living together in harmony.
(Though Belle would probably still be unknown to Evelyn and Callie, but her staying around, watching hornily as you fuck the two others, and then you have fun with her on the side/when the others are asleep would be great.)

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Well since there's a feature built in now that's sort of like a walkthrough it's not likely. The goals checklist screen is basically your walkthrough. It doesn't outline each and every step but it should point you in the right direction.

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
This game has been on my radar for a while now and I've finally found the time to give it a spin. I took a peek at the walkthrough and it seems so... chronological, for lack of a better term. Can I deviate from that chronology and treat the game as a true sandbox? Also, what's the deal with NG+? What makes it different from the normal start? TIA to anyone who might answer.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
This game has been on my radar for a while now and I've finally found the time to give it a spin. I took a peek at the walkthrough and it seems so... chronological, for lack of a better term. Can I deviate from that chronology and treat the game as a true sandbox? Also, what's the deal with NG+? What makes it different from the normal start? TIA to anyone who might answer.
The word you're looking for is "Linear".

And no, you can't really leave from the linear aspect of the game, there's a deadline within the game's story and while there is a sandbox aspect to the game, that deadline always looms in the background (although I think the actual countdown in the game has been disabled).

New Game Plus just basically lets you carry your stats over and opens up a couple of new romance paths. What difference does it make? Well, for one, you'll have to have completed the game first to access NG+. And secondly, it makes early stat tests easier or completable, for example when Belle the Fairy first becomes your partner in the first playthrough, you can try to tell her that she doesn't need to wear clothes. It doesn't work until later. But in NG+, if your stats carried over then it does work. Thats just one example.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It's been a while since I last updated the game, so I guess I should let people in here know what's going on. As a reminder, I do weekly progress reports for my patrons and subscribers at all levels of support, so if you ever want the freshest, juiciest news about my games, that's where you'll find it.

The contents of version 0.38 are massive from a development standpoint, even if they might cover only a small part of the game itself. As explained before, this update will be focusing entirely on finishing all the night scenes, including getting Perversity to 6 and implementing the Deep Sleep spell. In terms of the amount of work required to finish it, this is probably the biggest update I've ever made. The endgame updates were also large but in a different way. Those mostly were about me trying to set up an incredibly complex series of story beats and puzzles, which is not something I'm concerned with this time around. Instead, the biggest challenge is simply getting all the renders done.

Simply put, every single image in the night scenes (4 in all: Evelyn, Primrose, Callie, and Samarra/Nell) has to be remade for this update. This is because of changes to the render engine in Daz Studio, resulting in any new renders looking very different from the ones I made before even if I use the same files. It is also because I want to lift all the animations to the level you see elsewhere in the game, and there are a LOT of animation loops in these scenes. At the time of writing, I have built and rendered 74 (yes, you read that right) new animation loops for version 0.38, and I'm still not done. The 0.38 folder currently contains 1506 images. These numbers are enormous compared to anything else I've done in this game before.

As a consequence of all this, 0.38 is taking a lot longer than most updates. I'm hoping to finish it before the end of November, but I honestly don't think the chances of that happening are very high. It's definitely possible and I'm not giving up on it, but I have to be realistic. All my work so far has been focused on the image rendering, but I have barely even started on writing and coding. Even if I do miss November, however, I do not foresee any situation in which the update would be out any later than December.

So, if you feel like things have been quiet lately, this is why. 0.38 is an unusually chunky update that I've been putting off for ages because I knew it would be chunky. It has to be done, though, and I'm almost at the finish line.

4.60 star(s) 377 Votes