Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
can we use deep sleep on either of princesses and have fun time?
When would you get the opportunity? By the game you even get the chance to talk to the princess, its literally the end of the game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
When would you get the opportunity? By the game you even get the chance to talk to the princess, its literally the end of the game.
yes the 2nd princess but putting her sleep would save bit hassle.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
yes the 2nd princess but putting her sleep would save bit hassle.
That's not what the Deep Sleep spell does. It will make more sense once it's explained in the game.

koqkoq

Apr 23, 2017
Simply put, every single image in the night scenes (4 in all: Evelyn, Primrose, Callie, and Samarra/Nell) has to be remade for this update.
Masturbating river lady scene wont be getting an update then? It would sadden me greatly not to be able to use deep sleep and perversity 6 on her.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Masturbating river lady scene wont be getting an update then? It would sadden me greatly not to be able to use deep sleep and perversity 6 on her.
Her story is already fully told and won't be revisited.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Actually, the game already gives a quick description of what it does:

Dickon: "There's one that's called 'Deep Sleep.' It's supposed to be a sleeping aid to help people with insomnia."
Belle: "It makes them sleep deeper? Makes it harder to wake them up?"

In other words, Deep Sleep isn't a spell that makes people fall asleep. It only makes you sleep better and deeper. Like most magic in LLtP, these spells aren't something you would find in Dungeons & Dragons. It's not combat magic, and in most cases, the setting's magic isn't even hostile or forceful.

Honestly, I find most magic systems in fantasy settings to be dumb as hell. One of the things I always try to do when building a setting is to have things make sense. I try to imagine what kinds of spells an actual human being might design if he were given the opportunity to subtly affect things or minds around him. Deep Sleep is an example of a spell that isn't really designed to use on others against their will. To the (unnamed) person who designed the spell, that wouldn't even have made sense. Instead, this spell was made to solve the eternal human problem of not getting quality sleep every night, a particularly big problem for bookworms who like to stay up all night poring over their books. Casting Deep Sleep might not make you fall asleep, but it means that when you do, you'll most likely stay asleep for a full night.

Dickon is going to be able to discover a slightly more naughty use for this spell, obviously.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Having a paid version (Or a paid "Supporter Pack DLC" on top of a free version) on Steam would be pretty great.

Neither would contradict your promise that the game would always be free, in my opinion. Both would probably open up the game to a whole bunch of new people and might earn you a lot of money.

Obvioously, this would also be a not insignificant extra effort. Perhaps something for when the game is truly complete and done, if at all. Might be a good avenue to advertise your Patreon or your next game as well.

Reactions: Zoltan Redbeard

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
Casting Deep Sleep might not make you fall asleep, but it means that when you do, you'll most likely stay asleep for a full night.
hey, umm when you get this spell thing all worked out and running ummm. could i use it?? i get about 1-3 hrs of sleep a night and even these games don't help... but... you say you got a Deep Sleep Spell, .. I'm IN :sleep:

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
hey, umm when you get this spell thing all worked out and running ummm. could i use it?? i get about 1-3 hrs of sleep a night and even these games don't help... but... you say you got a Deep Sleep Spell, .. I'm IN :sleep:
It would be irresponsible of me to teach a spell to someone who's not a certified wizard. May I see your credentials in the arcane field, sir?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
All right, this thread has been quiet enough for a while due to the time it has taken to develop version 0.38, so let's see if we can't kickstart a little discussion.

Here's something I've never asked people about before: What character in this game do you feel is the best written? What does "best written" mean? It means whatever you feel it should mean. The best-realized character? The one that brought out the most emotion in you? The one who's writing really got your juices flowing? The one with the best quips? It's up to you.

I'm not asking about your favorite character here, only which one you feel is best written. I'm genuinely curious as I tried to add depth to all the characters in the game, even the minor ones.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Best written character? I feel like thats a difficult question, but I think the most consistent is Belle, yes, you know whats on her mind, but at the same time, the banter between her and Dickon works so well and on so many levels. There's a degree of trust between them and genuinely playful. And there's something deeper between them.

I like it.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
hard to say which is best written since all are good on that dept. fairy or blonde princess.

Reactions: Belle
4.60 star(s) 377 Votes