Romzarah

Nov 9, 2021
Must have missed it, I have not found all the clues to Nell and the Fairy Queen, I have tried all the clues I have to get Nell to see who her Mother is, but I must have missed one or more. The guide I did find never got to a place to tell you to work on her origin secret, so I can't get the clue I need to help the Queen. Anyone could help with this?

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Must have missed it, I have not found all the clues to Nell and the Fairy Queen, I have tried all the clues I have to get Nell to see who her Mother is, but I must have missed one or more. The guide I did find never got to a place to tell you to work on her origin secret, so I can't get the clue I need to help the Queen. Anyone could help with this?
I think you're having the same issue I had with the clues.
The final clue I was missing for this particular secret was hidden with the Fairy Queen herself: talk to her about the Prophecies, and it will reveal something about her and Nell.
A bit counter-intuitive that one

If it's not that, I don't know I'm afraid
The other pieces of this puzzle are with Nell and Samarra, but you should have thos already if you already know what Nell's dark secret appears to be

Romzarah

Nov 9, 2021
Ok, I am at the point of Suggest the current Interpretation, and the clues I have are Nell is half Fey, Before the gathered Fey court, The Queen Insists she has no kids, the Queen believes I have an important role, and After my brush with death. None of these clues trigger anything, So I went back to Nell and tried to unlock her dark secret and I am missing some clues there as well. The Pixie tells me I have the interpretation right. I am at Day 44.

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Ok, I am at the point of Suggest the current Interpretation, and the clues I have are Nell is half Fey, Before the gathered Fey court, The Queen Insists she has no kids, the Queen believes I have an important role, and After my brush with death. None of these clues trigger anything, So I went back to Nell and tried to unlock her dark secret and I am missing some clues there as well. The Pixie tells me I have the interpretation right. I am at Day 44.
That's weird, by that point you should have every clue to unlock her Dark Secret.
The final clue you need for Nell is that the Fairy Queen has no kids, after that you just need to choose the right dialogue choices to discover who she is in relation to the Fey.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can you tell precisely what the dialogue is when you need to give the clue you don't have ? Maybe it will help me figure out what the issue is
The last 2-3 lines of dialogue before the choice will do

EDIT: Did you give your interpretation to the Fairy Queen ?
There are 2 options:
give your interpretation to the Fairy Queen (=> Advances the quest)
ask Belle if the interpretation is correct (=> Just a check)

But even without that you should be able to get Nell's secret I think

Last edited:

Romzarah

Nov 9, 2021
Day 55 is where I am to do this.. But I don't have some of the clues. The underlined is not in my clues and anything other than
The Fairy Queen insists that she had no children with a human.

I did both...
give your interpretation to the Fairy Queen (=> Advances the quest)
ask Belle if the interpretation is correct (=> Just a check)

Belle first to be sure I had it right, then the Queen, but I don't have all the clues so it ends in I need to look for more info.

Day 55 guide
  • Go outside
  • Town hall
  • Visit the upper training grounds
  • Talk to Evelyn
  • Leave
  • Visit Stables
  • Talk to Nell
  • Invade Mind
  • Nell’s Origin
  • Nell is the Fairy Queen’s daughter
  • … she was told the truth.
  • The Fairy Queen insists that she had no children with a human
  • … she told the truth. She has had no children with a human.
  • They are two entirely different fairy queens. ----------If this is a clue, I don't have it
  • You are the current Fairy Queen’s sister. ----------Same, if clue, I don't have it.
  • Remove Inhibitions
  • End Spell
  • Convince Nell to come to the Fairy Queen with you.
  • Threaten to break up with her if she doesn’t go.

Don't know if this is part of it, but I never got the Advanced training with Nell, it never came up. I seen it in the guide but not in playing. so I am unable to win in the sword fight, so never gain the respect from her to get more about her history. Maybe that is where I get the clue I need, but I can not unlock it with my agility at 4.

Romzarah

Nov 9, 2021
she's not current fq's daughter, nelll is current fq's sister.
The clue I need is Nell is the Fairy Queen’s daughter
But don't have it.. the clue She's the Fairy Queen's sister, and as such, the heir to the throne. I also don't have.
I'm just going by the guide as I have posted Day 55 of.

Romzarah

Nov 9, 2021
Day 44 guide

Afternoon

• Town Hall
  • Visit Samarra’s tent
  • Talk to Samarra
  • Talkabout Samarra
  • Talk about Samarra
  • Leave
  • Leave
  • LeaveTown
  • Map
  • The Fey Court
  • About you visions…
  • Something inherently magical
  • Replace ‘seed’ with ‘spawn’
  • Suggest the current interpretation to the Fairy Queen
  • Nell is part Fey

I never got this clue, and my guess is that I get it from Samarra, but I can't as I don't have the respect for her to talk more about her history.

Day 25 guide

Morning

• Go Outside
  • Map
  • Town Hall
  • Visit the stables
  • Rooftop climb
  • Advanced Training
  • Han*djob
  • Remove Inhibitions
  • Pretend like nothing is out of place and let Nell finish
Advanced Training never showed up in my menus so I have not gained more than 4 agility. This is why I can't hit Samarra with my sword, if even possible. But also why I can't gain her respect.

Romzarah

Nov 9, 2021
Ya Belle I would have to agree with you, but without a guide it is way to easy to miss something that makes the game unplayable later down the story. I started over and got to day 35, I did find the way to get Samarra with the sword so she now gave more of the story, Not the info I need yet but at least I got that. Also got the advanced training with Nell, but now following the guide, I have gone roof running 3 times with her, got her naked 3 times, but she rejects my kiss. In the guide I should have had sex all 3 of these runs.. Somehow I must have missed something again, and Now not sure if I will ever get her to be a girlfriend. Just did the morning roof run on day 35. Will just move on and see if it works out down the line. Just so you know I have started over 3 time now. The 1st time I used no guide and got to day 20 or so before looking for a guide. I could see right away I would go no where with 0 courage and somehow missed talking to Thad, so I started over. Second run you can see by my posts that I was stuch and could go nowhere down the road.. Hope I find the true path this time.. I don't know if it would be to much work to build in a automatic hint popup for all things you don't want to miss so a guide would not be so needed.

By the way, Love the game, real fun.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Again, you're making wrong assumptions based on the walkthrough, which it sounds like you never ever should have touched in the first place. It's best if you try to forget everything you've read in it, because it's making things way more difficult for you than it was supposed to be.

Ask yourself this: Why are you making the unfounded assumption that your game has become unplayable as you said in your first sentence? The answer is obvious: Because the walkthrough is confusing you.

Stop making things difficult for yourself and play the game as intended. Try to think about these characters as real people and think about how you would get closer to them based on the options given to you. Don't just assume they'll throw themselves at you just because you're the protagonist. And pay attention to the in-game To-do list. If something is giving you trouble, do something else. Not everything can be solved right away.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Ya Belle I would have to agree with you, but without a guide it is way to easy to miss something that makes the game unplayable later down the story.
I'm gonna hafta go ahead and disagree with you there, Bob.

There's very little that is possible to permanently miss in the game, the only thing I can think of is not keeping Primrose out of prison, but even that shouldn't be too hard to solve without a guide.

Repeat after me folks, "the day number doesn't matter." The game loop in its current version is infinite. You have to specifically choose to start the end game. So you can just keep trying to do whatever it is you're trying to do.

Again, the only time crunch is with the Primrose investigation, but if you search all the available places in the library, exhaust all the dialog options with Primrose and Samara (and actually pay attention to what they say) it almost solves itself.

Reactions: Madeni and Jaike

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Here's something I've never asked people about before: What character in this game do you feel is the best written? What does "best written" mean? It means whatever you feel it should mean. The best-realized character? The one that brought out the most emotion in you? The one who's writing really got your juices flowing? The one with the best quips? It's up to you.

I'm not asking about your favorite character here, only which one you feel is best written. I'm genuinely curious as I tried to add depth to all the characters in the game, even the minor ones.
Maybe not the best written, but the one who to me is the most impressively written is Primrose. She is so withdrawn that she hardly speaks a word and surely doesn't talk about her feelings for much of her storyline. But the way Dickon on one end has to get her to warm up to him and on the other end snoops around to learn more about her has been done well. Other characters are far more inclined to just speak their mind about certain things. She's also very adorkable on the girlfriend path. Add the stakes of the investigation to that and you've certainly made me care about a character who I can't easily relate to. Kudos to you.

Nell is second for similar but less extreme reasons.

Reactions: Belle

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Ya Belle I would have to agree with you, but without a guide it is way to easy to miss something that makes the game unplayable later down the story. I started over and got to day 35, I did find the way to get Samarra with the sword so she now gave more of the story, Not the info I need yet but at least I got that. Also got the advanced training with Nell, but now following the guide, I have gone roof running 3 times with her, got her naked 3 times, but she rejects my kiss. In the guide I should have had sex all 3 of these runs.. Somehow I must have missed something again, and Now not sure if I will ever get her to be a girlfriend. Just did the morning roof run on day 35. Will just move on and see if it works out down the line. Just so you know I have started over 3 time now. The 1st time I used no guide and got to day 20 or so before looking for a guide. I could see right away I would go no where with 0 courage and somehow missed talking to Thad, so I started over. Second run you can see by my posts that I was stuch and could go nowhere down the road.. Hope I find the true path this time.. I don't know if it would be to much work to build in a automatic hint popup for all things you don't want to miss so a guide would not be so needed.

By the way, Love the game, real fun.
Hard disagree. The game is balanced enough that you can catch everything important without a guide, which is something I love about this game honestly.
For example, I didn't care about the incest stuff, so I basically ignored all the sex scenes with Evelyn, focusing on the characters I liked first (like Primrose and Nell)
And it's only after I had done everything I wanted that I started working on the characters I liked less like Evelyn and Callie (which I ended up loving by the end of her story)
I managed to

And if you're missing some specific stuff, you can always restart and power-through the content you want to see, it's simple enough

Also: the guide is outdated, maybe that's why you're having trouble by following it (guide is 0.31, game is 0.37)

Romzarah

Nov 9, 2021
I gave up trying to use the guide.. So tell me, what clues do I need for Nell's dark secret? I have put a good 2 hours trying to unlock it and I have to be missing something or more than 1 thing.. I have Nell is the Fairy Queen’s daughter, The Fairy Queen don't have children with human, and Before the Gathered Fay Court. With these 3 clues no mater what I do the spell brakes. I have tried as it is true and as a lie, ether way I can not unlock this secret. Samarra has nothing left to talk about. The Fairy Queen has nothing left for me to talk about, and the onlt thing left for Nell is her dark secret. Am I missing someone who has the clues?

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Those aren't clues, they are dialogue options

1638057869632.png
Like I asked earlier: could you give me the dialogue that happens before you need to pick a clue ?
Because without proper context, I can't do anything but guess

The clue I need is Nell is the Fairy Queen’s daughter
But don't have it..
How can you be missing this clue ? It's litteraly the whole thing that starts her Dark Secret reveal.
I am very confused by what you are trying to do here.
Why are you trying to reveal her dark secret, when you don't even know what it is ? (which you obviously don't since you don't have the clue that the game gives you when you learn about it)

Anyway, if I remember correctly, this is a clue obtained through Samarra when she reveals how she met Nell (which is when you learn about Nell's heritage for the first time)

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I have the suspicion that you aren't playing the game and are just following the guide blindly. Because, and I'm repeating myself, there is no way on earth you could want to reveal Nell's Dark Secret if you don't know what it is in the first place

And I add my voice to the others in this thread:

STOP USING THE DAMN GUIDE

Last edited:

Romzarah

Nov 9, 2021
You should read my last post, I list what clues I have and the people that I know of that could give me clues..

Who do you get these clues from?

• They are two entirely different fairy queens. ----------If this is a clue, I don't have it
  • You are the current Fairy Queen’s sister. ----------Same, if clue, I don't have it.

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes