Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
If you want to assure people, write something similar to the pm you gave me, ON the OP in big flashy psychedelic writing?
The OP isn't mine. I can't do squat about it.

If it were up to me, I'd make the tag say "light, optional NTR" or something to that effect. Just saying "NTR" because there's one short, optional scene in what's likely to be a 10-20 hour game, is ridiculous.

Kavick Vu

May 23, 2017
The "deceit" in this case would come from them seeing the tag and thinking what I said above: that it's a central part of the game and unavoidable. They would be tricked, or deceived, by the tag. If that is the tag system's design, then the design is flawed.
I like NTR but i like it aviod and couter that and deserve a better prices. I will gracefull if you add caution in the choices that this choice will lead to NTR content. So if they like NTR then they choice that choice if not they choice other.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
IF you message Jande (the moderator who made the OP) I'm sure they would add a disclaimer for you in there.

The mods around here are usually pretty helpful and courteous to the devs of hosted games. (as long as you don't come in ranting and raving about DMCA's n shit lol)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Ridiculous to you Belle, some people really, REALLY, and I don't think I can possibly state this enough REHEHEHEAALLLLY hate NTR. And little or not, this game has an NTR scene in it now...
One thing I have learned about software design over the last few decades is that you cannot design for the 1%. If 1% of the user base is so insecure that even the mention of optional NTR content makes them flee, then I'm not going to go out of my way to satisfy them if that means confusing the remaining 99%.

Djd3

Jun 7, 2017
If you want to assure people, write something similar to the pm you gave me, ON the OP in big flashy psychedelic writing?
It certainly worked on me, I hate NTR with the passion of eleventy billion fucking exploding suns, but I don't feel scared away from your game...

But you can't just leave out the tag because people might be (rightfully if they truly hate it) scared away.
I'm not sure if its a good thing to add NTR tag for 1 single not heavy and most important avoidable scene.
I hope i will never ever have to see (or make it NOT happend to be correct) a scene like this again in this game but before adding maybe let's see if there are going to be more cause for now the game really doesnt have that ''vibe'' that most ntr games make me feel (That said from a guy that really dont like the genre tho).

Reactions: Scyra

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
There isn't going to be any more, Belle has already said as such, but, that doesn't stop the current one from existing, and therefore requiring the tag. I'm sorry but you can't hide the fact it exists, it's not right...

Reactions: L☹VE and Renetta

Djd3

Jun 7, 2017
I know, i was the one asking about it.
But still i see the point of the dev, i am extra careful when i see the tag NTR, mainly because i expect a ''beta MC'' soo after playing the first minute of the game where you actually start as a beta Mc i was 90% going to close and uninstall when in reality there is an evolution of the character from ''beta'' to ''actually enjoyable mc''.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Yeah, by all means write out a big disclaimer that explains the NTR is optional and the dev actually doesn't expect anyone to take the route, but, as I have said a few times now it HAS NTR tag in it now the tag is an indicator of game content, not 'direction' or 'tone' of game...

Reactions: L☹VE and Renetta

Djd3

Jun 7, 2017
Hey let's be clear, im not saying that your wrong. Im just saying that a generic ntr tag would not be correct either.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
One thing I have learned about software design over the last few decades is that you cannot design for the 1%. If 1% of the user base is so insecure that even the mention of optional NTR content makes them flee, then I'm not going to go out of my way to satisfy them if that means confusing the remaining 99%.
Yeah the amount of people that hate even the notion of optional NTR is wayyy higher than 1% ;) I'm sure you'll come to see that as more and more people come across the scene...

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Look, here's the thing. I'm not concerned in the slightest about the people who cannot stand NTR's existence in any way. Those are not part of my target audience, and their leaving doesn't bother me much, if at all. I am concerned about those who don't enjoy NTR and who might not give the game a chance because they don't understand its role in the game. I've had a bunch of worried questions (both public and in private messages) from people like that thanks to the discussions about this topic in this thread. They don't want to even try the game until I can reassure them of what type of content it is, but once I explain it, they have all, every single one of them, decided it's not a big problem after all. I expect that for every single person who messages me about this, there's at least 10 who don't, and that is a huge issue.

As a side note, why on earth are we using a Japanese word to describe content in an English game for an English-speaking audience? What happened to the good old "voyeur," a word that is actually in the dictionary?

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Yeah, by all means write out a big disclaimer that explains the NTR is optional and the dev actually doesn't expect anyone to take the route, but, as I have said a few times now it HAS NTR tag in it now the tag is an indicator of game content, not 'direction' or 'tone' of game...
That's where you are wrong my dude. I've seen many games with a single scene, but no vibe and no tag, that's how things go and it makes sense. Just because NTR is hated and people are so unsure that they can't see even the hint of scene before crying, there's no need to bitch about it.

As a side note, why on earth are we using a Japanese word to describe content in an English game for an English-speaking audience? What happened to the good old "voyeur," a word that is actually in the dictionary?
Because weebs are the future.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Look, here's the thing. I'm not concerned in the slightest about the people who cannot stand NTR's existence in any way. Those are not part of my target audience, and their leaving doesn't bother me much, if at all. I am concerned about those who don't enjoy NTR and who might not give the game a chance because they don't understand its role in the game. I've had a bunch of worried questions (both public and in private messages) from people like that thanks to the discussions about this topic in this thread. They don't want to even try the game until I can reassure them of what type of content it is, but once I explain it, they have all, every single one of them, decided it's not a big problem after all. I expect that for every single person who messages me about this, there's at least 10 who don't, and that is a huge issue.

And as one of those people I'm telling you that if I hadn't spoken to you, got into the game and found out it had UNLISTED ntr content I would have been super pissed. More so at the deception that its existence.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Only significance ntr has to me is that the insane individuals it attracts are an issue. They always shit up the threads for no reason. In this case it's not even ntr, its just 2 people having sex and neither is your partner.

U

User_32285

This game having the same NTR tag as "The Tyrant" is a bigger misrepresentation of the content than not putting a NTR tag up.

Reactions: zazzaro
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes