Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
What happened is the first time I encountered Primrose time limit I came back here and tried to follow walkthrough. And of course it did not work. So I started reading the whole thread (I actually abused the searc bar for this thread) anyways,. Of course I'm not randomly clicking at things :ROFLMAO:
But I was late to save Primrose because I lacked abilities, then I thought myself maybe this is not how you play it.
So I got the idea that for certain things you have to complete / interact with certain characters at right time right location.
And of course as the game is not linear this also doesnt work or lets say make sense.
And these are all because firstly the misleading walkthrough secondly the lack of info in ''to do list''
I'm fairly certain the Primrose investigation is self contained. Meaning everything you need to do to solve it comes from the investigation itself. Find the clues and talk to the right people. Belle may have to correct me on this, but I don't think there are any ability checks involved at all, at least not that I can think of.

Reactions: Ekcho666

indiehindi

Aug 5, 2020
Yeah, I don't know where this person got the idea I said you had to play twice. When clearly said I played three times and got through the game fine each time
You did not, it was a conclusion I gave to you. You're not even reading why bother responding?

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I'm fairly certain the Primrose investigation is self contained. Meaning everything you need to do to solve it comes from the investigation itself. Find the clues and talk to the right people. Belle may have to correct me on this, but I don't think there are any ability checks involved at all, at least not that I can think of.
I believe that is correct, and it is another deliberate choice. Since the investigation happens relatively early in the story, I didn't want to put players in a position where the investigation started (with no forewarning) and they would have no chance to gain the abilities needed, leaving their game in an unwinnable state through no fault of their own (in contrast to the situation currently discussed).

The Primrose investigation is my response to events like finals or holidays in the Persona games. It's a lengthy, time-limited event that forces you to abandon your regular routines and focus on a single task for a while, keeping things fresh.

Edit: Actually, what I said is not entirely correct. I did make one concession when I designed that quest: You need to have learned how to solve large secrets, I believe. But since that is the central focus of the game progression anyway (unlike abilities, which may be handled in many different orders at many different paces), I thought it an acceptable requirement at that stage in the story. Every aspect of the game has encouraged the player to learn how to solve large secrets ASAP anyway, so anyone who isn't at least close to managing that when the Primrose investigation pops up has been almost wilfully negligent. This requirement was also the primary reason why the time limit for the investigation is quite generous. I wanted players who did not know how to solve large secrets to have one final chance to gain that ability.

Last edited:

indiehindi

Aug 5, 2020
I clearly did read it which is why I was confused about this statement. It's not my fault your bad at expressing your points
I could've said ''here's your conclusion'' i guess i did not. English is not my native, I might do mistakes.

Now none of these matters as I've just finished the game. My critique is still there but it seems these convos were for nothing.
You still did not answer where the game tells you that if you were to fail Primrose you get bad ending. Because it does not. But thats not important anymore, even now as you see people dont understand my points, they'll keep saying ''but its right there tho, its straightforward, its easy, its up to you if you cant do it''. Maybe I was wrong, maybe I was not, its rather sad that it doesnt even matter.

Everything is fairly straightforward in the Primrose quest if you just read the dialogue though
Yes... Yes it is as you've said.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I have never said that about the Primrose timer. That time limit has always been in effect, ever since it was first added to the game a long, long time ago. More importantly, meta knowledge people may have (wrong or not) from this forum does not influence my game design.
Any 'meta knowledge' gained is from your own statements, those following your game are hardly going to ignore them?
You've consistently said the timer isn't active, without reinforcing the timer still applies re the Primrose quest, so why would people assume time was a problem in her case? Though maybe you don't reveal this info in your other channels.

Of course that shouldn't necessarily influence your game design, at least when the timer is enabled - it's more of a gotcha from playing a game in development. Given your musings on introducing an option to opt out of time limits, it may be more of an issue then though? Assuming a time limit still applies for Primrose in that case.

And timer quandaries don't alter the original point. In previous versions I played, it was obvious helping Primrose was important, but not necessarily clear in game that getting her released didn't achieve this imo.

I wasn't effected - I like Primrose so on my initial blind plays I moved quickly to keep her out of jail, and can read the code anyway. You wanted specific examples though, this is one that might need additional attention.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
indiehindi You're right. The game doesn't outright tell you that if you don't Primrose cleared within a week that you will end up getting a bad ending.

Because it shouldn't have to. Not without spoiling the ending. But if you are given a time limit before a character is potentially removed from a game, then it is heavily implied that the character is very important. The game shouldn't have to say in bright flashing letters "MAKE SURE THIS CHARACTER DOES NOT END UP IN PRISON!", but rather the player should be savvy enough to understand that if the game tells you "This character will go to jail in a week", there is something important about that character.

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
I could've said ''here's your conclusion'' i guess i did not. English is not my native, I might do mistakes.

Now none of these matters as I've just finished the game. My critique is still there but it seems these convos were for nothing.
You still did not answer where the game tells you that if you were to fail Primrose you get bad ending. Because it does not. But thats not important anymore, even now as you see people dont understand my points, they'll keep saying ''but its right there tho, its straightforward, its easy, its up to you if you cant do it''. Maybe I was wrong, maybe I was not, its rather sad that it doesnt even matter.

Yes... Yes it is as you've said.
I didn't need to answer were because it's obvious that hints are given throughout the game.:LOL:

indiehindi

Aug 5, 2020
indiehindi You're right. The game doesn't outright tell you that if you don't Primrose cleared within a week that you will end up getting a bad ending.

Because it shouldn't have to. Not without spoiling the ending. But if you are given a time limit before a character is potentially removed from a game, then it is heavily implied that the character is very important. The game shouldn't have to say in bright flashing letters "MAKE SURE THIS CHARACTER DOES NOT END UP IN PRISON!", but rather the player should be savvy enough to understand that if the game tells you "This character will go to jail in a week", there is something important about that character.
Yes... Yes you're just right, everything you've said is true. I gave you a like.

I have also previously said this;

I do not need a pop-up on my screen to warn me right before important decisions or moments while im playing. Infact such things you've said so far is the exact reason whileI actually liked this game. But I only see a necessity for more info on ''To Do List'' and the titles in it.
But it doesnt matter, what matters is that you're much more righteous than I am and I ever will be. If I could I would also give you two likes, but sadly only one is allowed. And surely you're much more clever than me that you did the quests so easily which makes it clear you're a better human being than me. Thanks for shining my day with your presence.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah, I don't know where this person got the idea I said you had to play twice. When clearly said I played three times and got through the game fine each time
I've only played once so far, and even though I made a few mistakes with Nell, I still got the good ending. I screwed up the Primrose Path (couldn't resist), but when I realized what I'd done, I went back to an earlier save and focused on her issue first and then moved on.

Last edited:

gnarrkthehunter

Dec 1, 2019
Does anyone know how to reliably get perversity 6? I had one day where I checked the stats screen and I was at 5 perversity +1, and the only thing I remember doing is visiting the leanan sidhe the day before, or maybe recovering from the drain

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Does anyone know how to reliably get perversity 6? I had one day where I checked the stats screen and I was at 5 perversity +1, and the only thing I remember doing is visiting the leanan sidhe the day before, or maybe recovering from the drain
I think you have to wait a few days without having sex to get it.

crazy221

Jun 12, 2017
The only way to reliably have perversity+6 is with console commands, otherwise it goes away after you bang someone

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Long Live The Princess v0.38.0.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 18.12.2021 (fix)

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 378 Votes