JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Haven't played in a while but I remember that you had to go to the reading room to trigger the interaction. If you just went to the library, worked and then went on trying to find clues for Evelyn's or Callie's secrets, you wouldn't even notice that something's not right
Exactly, so in other words, play how the creator expects you to play, not play how your brain thinks. Without a Nav system of some kind & left to one's own devices. You'll play how you play/think, not how the creator thinks & plays.

Great example in open world games, if I see I can get X thing or meet X person. I focus on that & only that, till I get that. At times, I'll be facing things higher level then I, yet I do it. Just how I think, your expecting us to act/think how you do.

• Angry
Reactions: Kripke

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
These are minigame quest mechanics.
They are not, no matter how much you say otherwise. Or, to quote someone much smarter than myself: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

You assume people are going follow the path you feel they should follow.
No, I assume people are going to follow the clues and guidelines the game provides them rather than forge blindly and repeatedly into the same wall. I can only go so far to protect you from yourself. I'm not making my game childproof.

That is an example of repetition.
Perhaps, but not from my game. These are things that exist in your head.

Haven't played in a while but I remember that you had to go to the reading room to trigger the interaction. If you just went to the library, worked and then went on trying to find clues for Evelyn's or Callie's secrets, you wouldn't even notice that something's not right
True, though the game does let you know that something is up the moment you step into the library, suggesting that you check the reading room, which the game never does otherwise. I would have forgotten about that if it wasn't for the fact that I played through that event two days ago.

JJDemon In my previous post, I suggested that you slam the door on your way out. I do not think you fully grasped what I was saying, so I will hereby upgrade my suggestion to this: I insist that you slam the door on the way out. Please. There is nothing for you here. I'm making a game, but you want a visual novel to read. There are plenty of those out there. Now kindly go away. Your feedback is neither constructive nor appreciated.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
They are not, no matter how much you say otherwise. Or, to quote someone much smarter than myself: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

No, I assume people are going to follow the clues and guidelines the game provides them rather than forge blindly and repeatedly into the same wall. I can only go so far to protect you from yourself. I'm not making my game childproof.

Perhaps, but not from my game. These are things that exist in your head.

True, though the game does let you know that something is up the moment you step into the library, suggesting that you check the reading room, which the game never does otherwise. I would have forgotten about that if it wasn't for the fact that I played through that event two days ago.

JJDemon In my previous post, I suggested that you slam the door on your way out. I do not think you fully grasped what I was saying, so I will hereby upgrade my suggestion to this: I insist that you slam the door on the way out. Please. There is nothing for you here. I'm making a game, but you want a visual novel to read. There are plenty of those out there. Now kindly go away. Your feedback is neither constructive nor appreciated.
Naw, I'll go away. I don't go away mad though, but you seem to be. Either way, your right, I won't be back for your work. You do you and you got folks who enjoy your work. That's all that matters to you & that's fine. Toodles and continue making stuff others enjoy, you can't please em all, nor will ever be able to.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Why no updates on absorption path ??? Big Bummer. Just one pic at climax!!!
There are two pictures actually, and that's when I ran out of ideas, to be honest. I'm not sure what else there would be any purpose in showing at that stage. I don't want to make unique sex scenes for that ending (it's supposed to be a Bad End), and there is no point in showing individual endings for each character since you have, well, stripped them of their individuality.

Out of curiosity, what is it you expected to see more of? I'm genuinely curious. Please keep in mind that this specific path is not meant to be rewarding, per se.

Edit: I see your comment about pregnancy images. How would those work? A cavalcade of pregnant girls with no real supporting text wouldn't have any narrative point in my mind. Remember, they are stripped of their personalities in this ending, so there isn't much to say about how they react to what is happening. It would just be a series of screens with "X discovered that she was pregnant. I made sure she was quite happy about this." Clearly, I don't see this ending in the same light as some of my players, but I just can't see the value in this type of addition.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Naw, I'll go away. I don't go away mad though, but you seem to be. Either way, your right, I won't be back for your work. You do you and you got folks who enjoy your work. That's all that matters to you & that's fine. Toodles and continue making stuff others enjoy, you can't please em all, nor will ever be able to.
As a final passing word, I'll mention that my next game might be more up your alley. It features none of the things that annoy you about LLtP and only one minigame (an actual minigame this time, honestly), and that one can be turned off entirely. That is, if our interaction hasn't soured you on anything I touch.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
There are two pictures actually, and that's when I ran out of ideas, to be honest. I'm not sure what else there would be any purpose in showing at that stage. I don't want to make unique sex scenes for that ending (it's supposed to be a Bad End), and there is no point in showing individual endings for each character since you have, well, stripped them of their individuality.

Out of curiosity, what is it you expected to see more of? I'm genuinely curious. Please keep in mind that this specific path is not meant to be rewarding, per se.

Edit: I see your comment about pregnancy images. How would those work? A cavalcade of pregnant girls with no real supporting text wouldn't have any narrative point in my mind. Remember, they are stripped of their personalities in this ending, so there isn't much to say about how they react to what is happening. It would just be a series of screens with "X discovered that she was pregnant. I made sure she was quite happy about this." Clearly, I don't see this ending in the same light as some of my players, but I just can't see the value in this type of addition.
Bad end ?? !! Yeah. Mc Selecting One Li / 2 princess over others (Including preggo LIs) is a good one. !!! But mc Getting All girls is a bad path. Very nice. !!!!!

Last edited:

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Bad end ?? !! Yeah. Mc Selecting One Li / 2 princess For others (Including preggo LIs) is a good one. !!! But mc Getting All girls is a bad path. Very nice. !!!!!
Well, I guess it depends on the morality you subscribe to in your worldview. But, speaking entirely for myself, I would say that sexually enslaving every girl you desire against her will and making yourself king through invasive mind control is bad. Opinions might vary.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
For what it's worth, the next update shows icons on the map to reveal the location of characters, taking some of the guesswork out of the equation.
I think this is a great addition, and should really cut down on quite a lot of the complaints and questions that I see pop up on this forum.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Says who ??? .....!!!
Says... me? I mean, I just said it, sooooooo.....

Maybe you didn't read what the epilogue says, or maybe as the person above suggested it's a language barrier, but the absorb ending results in the MC enslaving the known world through mind control domination, and reduced every woman in the game to a mindless sex slave.

See, now, that's Bad. M'kay?

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
They are never there either. Nevermind. I got rid of it, I found the story interesting at start, but honestly tired of these grind games. It's their way to pad stuff out. I've just realized I honestly hate the mechanic...with a passion.
Actually I think this is one of the few actual games on here which actually do have a working and interesting GAME mechanic, especially with regards to the gathering of clues and trying to put them correctly together.

This is not a VN like most games posted here, but I wouldn't say that this game is grindy just for the purpose of grinding.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Says... me? I mean, I just said it, sooooooo.....

Maybe you didn't read what the epilogue says, or maybe as the person above suggested it's a language barrier, but the absorb ending results in the MC enslaving the known world through mind control domination, and reduced every woman in the game to a mindless sex slave.

See, now, that's Bad. M'kay?
Then tell me. Mc left pregnant LI (i know they are optional) is a saint ???

4.60 star(s) 377 Votes