Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Where oh where do people get this idea from? I keep explaining that it's not true. Other people keep explaining that it's not true. Yet still people keep coming into the thread and acting disappointed over something that isn't being claimed anywhere that I can see. Why?

Sneaky edit: Would it be too much to ask for people to actually play the thing before they start complaining?
Ask jande to put a little optional ntr warning into the disclaimer explaining things, something like what you p'd me into the OP. That should help keep 'some' people from freaking out?

John The Boogeyman Wick

Jul 12, 2017
Yeah it's not like I've been known to go on nuclear tirades about lol-swerve ntr around here or anything... :p
Let me put it this way. I don't mind NTR existing and I don't even mind it being in a game. What I dont like is when its incredibility force like "you need to let your love interest fuck this guy because you need the blackmail on him and there is no way around it"

U

User_32285

No no. Never said I was talking about this game. After talking with Belle I'm confident in this games future. :)

Obviously I was exaggerating for effect with my urinal comment, but, I'm guessing you likely knew that and just thought you were being 'clever'? Well bravo, you got me!
Nah I can't take credit, you got yourself with your statement. :)

But seriously, if you would not have been "exaggeriting" you would have become a legend in my book

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Shardoom
U

User_32285

Where oh where do people get this idea from? I keep explaining that it's not true. Other people keep explaining that it's not true. Yet still people keep coming into the thread and acting disappointed over something that isn't being claimed anywhere that I can see. Why?

Sneaky edit: Would it be too much to ask for people to actually play the thing before they start complaining?
Walkthrough in OP is a "walkthrough to get all scenes", but people think "I need to follow walkthrough and can't make my own deciscions."

I am glad I played the game when the walkthrough didn't match up with the new version and tried stuff out :)

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
hi @Belle , if i don't do anything about Thaddeus and Evelyn, they'll keep fucking forever?
Might as well be clear about how this particular mechanic will work to avoid confusion:

- If you ever witness Thaddeus and Evelyn going at it but never do anything about it, even if you never again watch them, the game will assume that they're still doing the dirty.
- If you ever witness them and stop them, they are done.
- If you never see them doing anything at all, the game will assume that nothing ever happened. I think that's the fairest way to make sure nobody gets completely blindsided by this. Though of course, any player who ends up on this path will never be able to figure out the truth of the rumors about Evelyn that the game introduces within its first few minutes.

There are long-term effects from each of these results that will only become apparent closer to the endgame, but nothing that should "punish" one choice or another. It'll just result in some minor changes to the story progression.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It'll be on a case-by-case basis, and I'm also very likely to go back and expand existing scenes with more angles/options like I did with Samarra's sex scene. I'm a bit bothered that both full-blown sex scenes in the game right now are in the cowgirl position, but anything else didn't feel right for the mood and setting of those scenes. I'm really focused on making the next scene use different positions, because I share your concern about it becoming a bit predictable.

It's surprisingly tricky getting first-person sex to look good, I've discovered. Something like the missionary position doesn't work at all, to use a basic example. I'm probably going to use a mix of first-person and third-person perspectives for the trickier positions, but the default will always be first-person.
Coceter Chronicles has sex scenes from various angles and perspectives and yeah some look mechanical. Tabitha (main character) is an elfish character who gives Belle a run for her money in perversity and it seems alot of sex scenes are necessary for story line continuity.

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
after replaying it again and finding more and more clues, I am almost convinced that Lilith is still alive. Either as the crone in disguise (there is some evidence for that) or as the enigmatic priestess that supposedly never leaves the dungeons (potential BDSM stuff in the future?)

Sep 21, 2017
NOOOOOOO!!!

I love you Sis, we coulda been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me

:tf:

Reactions: zazzaro and 215303j

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
NOOOOOOO!!!

I love you Sis, we coulda been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me

:tf:
I hate myself for knowing that you are quoting Eminem... Seriously where is the bleach already.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Either as the crone in disguise (there is some evidence for that)
That's what I thought, didn't want to say anything in case of spoilers but you brought it up so i'm clear.

As soon as she shifted the conversation away from her and the princess I thought she was the sister.

Something is said about powerful magic being needed to bind something like Belle so if she's powerful enough for that it stands to reason she can make herself look different.

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
That's what I thought, didn't want to say anything in case of spoilers but you brought it up so i'm clear.
not to mention she knew Thaddeus. he was one of the people looking for Liliths body so he could have helped to fake it. or maybe were both wrong and @Belle is just screwing with us

Aug 15, 2017
Walkthrough in OP is a "walkthrough to get all scenes", but people think "I need to follow walkthrough and can't make my own deciscions."

I am glad I played the game when the walkthrough didn't match up with the new version and tried stuff out :)
Mind if I put this quote at the beginning of the next version of the walkthrough?
Since it goes down a bad end path, yeah it doesn't count.
I wasn't sure if you were aware of it. Still, depending on how many bad endings Belle has planned, that might disqualify a lot of material.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Mind if I put this quote at the beginning of the next version of the walkthrough?

I wasn't sure if you were aware of it. Still, depending on how many bad endings Belle has planned, that might disqualify a lot of material.
I'm hoping it won't be a matter of "good" vs "bad" endings, but just different endings. For the most part. A unified walkthrough is going to become increasingly tricky as we move on.

Aug 15, 2017
Well, the current plan is to have it contain as much content as possible until New Game+ is introduced. Then it will probably be based on different endings, with the first playthrough focusing on maximizing abilities, since they'll transfer between games, and the rest focusing on a particular path each. I might throw in a last playthrough on the end containing any misc content didn't make it into any other playthroughs. Before New Game+ is introduced, in regards to mutually-exclusive content, I'll probably favor the newer content since long-term players will have already experienced the older material.

Reactions: Belle and RustyV

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for the great game, finally decided to add some to your patreon. :) Keep up the great work.

Reactions: Belle
4.60 star(s) 377 Votes