billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Update Report and Preview

No haircut for LLD after all! I found that the other hair I had chosen for her wasn't adjustable at all, so I went with the longer one. Will be doing a lot of photo shopping:

View attachment 1498597

Thus far the corporation I'm working for, which prides itself in it's integrity and respect for diversity, has turned me down flat for my religious exemption for getting tested for the vaccine. I pointed out to them that they were breaking federal law under Title VII and practicing religious discrimination, but so far they haven't responded to my appeal after over a week. Looks like early retirement may be in my future, but that will mean my projects here will get my full attention, perhaps as early as December 2nd.
ouch. not to get too into it, but since the federal mandate for it got blocked even before it got to the supreme court, for your wallet's sake i hope your company changes it's tune.

on topic of the game directly, i think long hair suits her better personally. and this is coming from a guy who typically has short hair preferences. LOL

Reactions: 265lutab

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
any chance to keep the younger characters the same height and youngish look? I'm asking for a friend, not because I used to choose ages like 11 and 12 :/

Reactions: sader1992

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
my friend does that too ;):whistle:
Hopefully the new changes would not effect his gameplay too :p
All characters are the same height. Skye is around 4'11", Charlotte 5'2" and Betsy 4'9". I did my best to make them resemble their Koi looks as much as I could without making them look too odd. I'm already pushing it with bigger eyes.

Last edited:

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Update Report and Preview

The situation with my employer is still in limbo. This will directly affect the progress of this VN.

My original November 1st submission for a religious exemption from being vaccinated or tested was turned down flat by HR in 24 minutes via a form letter saying that my corporation's policy was able to override federal law (Title VII).

I submitted an appeal letting them know that they were in violation of this law, which was thus ignored for over a week. My supervisor finally got them to respond, and during an online meeting, the robot-like HR person offered me an "accommodation", namely an unpaid leave of absence. I told them that this "offer" was not a reasonable accommodation and turned it down flat.

My supervisor again tried to reason with HR, which finally responded to my appeal submission by letting me know that a decision would be made before the Thanksgiving holiday. Well, at least that was better than a form letter.

Starstorm

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
The coming home scene! Our jokes *did* have an effect! (On Katyrina, that is, unless you had it planned like that already, in which case don't tell me, I want to live in my fantasy)
That green/blue choice reminded me of "The Egg" by Andy Weir, is that a coincidence?
The winds in front of school seem to be blowing at just the right angle and speed as well...

All in all this update turned out to be everything I was hoping for, and more! Excellent job!

On another note that I thought of, since you mentioned trying to do something in Daz3D after this is wrapped up, I just hope you find a style in that environment that works for you, as I fear this style (that I absolutely adore) you use in this game just won't work in the more realistic scenes that can be made with that engine. Nothing compares to the cock-blocker that is the uncanny valley, after all.

That's all! Again, awesome update!
Reflecting back on this post of mine... Changing the game engine mid-story is a really strange move. The characters look unfamiliar and creepy. The uncanny valley has been achieved. It makes me sad that you decided to go this route, as I was looking forward to the continuation of the game. :confused:

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Reflecting back on this post of mine... Changing the game engine mid-story is a really strange move. The characters look unfamiliar and creepy. The uncanny valley has been achieved. It makes me sad that you decided to go this route, as I was looking forward to the continuation of the game. :confused:
Thanks for your feedback. I knew this wasn't going to be a popular move, but I have changed as a person and thus as an artist since the VN was started 18 months ago. From my perspective the entire world we seem to live in has become strange and uncanny valley, so my art is now going to reflect that perception. Certainly the characters' superficial appearance has changed, but you will find that they are the same ones at their core as they react to this new and wholly sinister timeline. The new theme of this VN, which will be shown on every banner from now on, will be "The VN that cluelessly wanders where angels fear to tread."

Incidentally, the comic strip that this VN was based upon ( ) has also changed its art style and the way it perceives the world, so I'm just following that artist's lead.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Geist626

jwolf09

Oct 18, 2020
They seem to be delaying the implementation of the testing requirement to enter the building. The official story is that they didn't get their supply of home testing kits to give us in time. So basically things are in limbo for now.

only replying to this comment in hopes to get your attention just to answer back what im going to say. from the screen shots somewhere within the comments that if in all reality your going with the art style and direction. just form looking at it im going to have a hard time playing. it just looks horrible to a point especially if the game takes place or has night scenes. at least before everything can be seen and it didn't look as grainy and dark. if your going with that new style you might lose a lot of people. just letting you know now.

now as for covid bs. if your job whatever it is you do. if they go along with what the political climate is. an yes using certain words to keep from referring to actual people. they are in violation of basic human and civil rights and can be sued over such dealings as well. i don't know where you live. but at least in the U.S the government has zero say in what people will and won't do and so on down that line. they cannot tell any business what to do when it came down to this "pandemic". tyrannical rule is not accepted. if you lose your job at least in the U.S hold the government accountable for them taking your perfectly good job away from you. Again i don't know where you live. but just letting you know.

3.70 star(s) 50 Votes