Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
No decision from HR yet, they asked me questions regarding my religious beliefs hoping to trip me up. I refused and told them that I would only answer questions in writing, so now the ball is in my court.

Seltzer

Mar 15, 2018
No decision from HR yet, they asked me questions regarding my religious beliefs hoping to trip me up. I refused and told them that I would only answer questions in writing, so now the ball is in my court.

Out of curiosity, what sort of questions? Only asking because I have never heard of religious HR complaints like this. Usually it's one employee v. another, not the company mandate messing with the employee's beliefs.

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Out of curiosity, what sort of questions? Only asking because I have never heard of religious HR complaints like this. Usually it's one employee v. another, not the company mandate messing with the employee's beliefs.
This began several weeks ago, so I'll update you and others who have not been following the thread. This has directly affected my work on this game and the result of this will have a direct bearing on how this VN will proceed.

Several weeks ago, the huge health insurance corporation I worked for said they were instituting a new policy based on the presidential mandate that would require that I either be vaccinated or have a negative COVID19 test to enter the building. It was supposed to begin on November 15th but has been delayed indefinitely for reasons they will not give us.

In the meantime, I have been working with HR to secure a religious exemption since I have been guided by my higher power to not get vaccinated or tested. I am entitled to this by federal law under TITLE VII. However my corporation, which prides itself in ethics, turned my request down flat, citing company policy.

I then pointed out that I would report them to OSHA and then they offered me the "accommodation" of leave without pay. I again pointed out the illegality of their ways, and now it seems that they have relented and have started the procedure of giving me a real accommodation (working from home full-time) by asking me questions about my religious beliefs. They tried to do this verbally, hoping I would misspeak and give them an excuse to deny me, but I told them that everything had to be in writing. They agreed to this.

This is already a wall-o-text so I might as well go ahead and share their questions and my answers:

1. Please identify the company requirement, policy or practice that conflicts with your sincerely held religious observance, practice or belief (aka religious beliefs).

The directives to either get vaccinated and to get tested for COVID19 to enter the workplace.

2. Please describe the nature of your religious beliefs or practices that conflict with company’s requirement, policy or practice identified.

I first found true religion in Alcoholics Anonymous, particularly through Step 11 which states: “Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.”

I then found the book "A Course In Miracles" which also focused on relying on inner guidance from God. Examples of passages are as follows:

"Hold your mind in silent readiness to hear the Voice That speaks the truth to you." (W-pI. 76.9:2)

"Wait in silent expectancy for the truth." (W-pI.94.4:1)

Lesson 76, "I am under no laws but God's" specifically addresses vaccinations: "You really think a small round pellet or some fluid pushed into your veins through a sharpened needle will ward off disease and death...It is insanity that thinks these things." (W-pI.76.3:3 and 4.1)

The Voice for God within me has clearly directed me to neither receive the vaccination or to get tested.

3. What is the accommodation or modification you are requesting?

Working from home full-time until the requirements for testing and/or vaccination are lifted.

4. Are there alternative accommodations that would eliminate the conflict between the company requirement, policy or practices and your sincerely held religious beliefs?

Eliminate the proposed requirement for vaccination or testing for me and I will continue to come to work as I am now.

I have submitted this to my expert advisor and am waiting for their approval to send it to HR.

Now, aren't you glad you asked? :D

Seltzer

Mar 15, 2018
This began several weeks ago, so I'll update you and others who have not been following the thread. This has directly affected my work on this game and the result of this will have a direct bearing on how this VN will proceed.

Several weeks ago, the huge health insurance corporation I worked for said they were instituting a new policy based on the presidential mandate that would require that I either be vaccinated or have a negative COVID19 test to enter the building. It was supposed to begin on November 15th but has been delayed indefinitely for reasons they will not give us.

In the meantime, I have been working with HR to secure a religious exemption since I have been guided by my higher power to not get vaccinated or tested. I am entitled to this by federal law under TITLE VII. However my corporation, which prides itself in ethics, turned my request down flat, citing company policy.

I then pointed out that I would report them to OSHA and then they offered me the "accommodation" of leave without pay. I again pointed out the illegality of their ways, and now it seems that they have relented and have started the procedure of giving me a real accommodation (working from home full-time) by asking me questions about my religious beliefs. They tried to do this verbally, hoping I would misspeak and give them an excuse to deny me, but I told them that everything had to be in writing. They agreed to this.

This is already a wall-o-text so I might as well go ahead and share their questions and my answers:

1. Please identify the company requirement, policy or practice that conflicts with your sincerely held religious observance, practice or belief (aka religious beliefs).

The directives to either get vaccinated and to get tested for COVID19 to enter the workplace.

2. Please describe the nature of your religious beliefs or practices that conflict with company’s requirement, policy or practice identified.

I first found true religion in Alcoholics Anonymous, particularly through Step 11 which states: “Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.”

I then found the book "A Course In Miracles" which also focused on relying on inner guidance from God. Examples of passages are as follows:

"Hold your mind in silent readiness to hear the Voice That speaks the truth to you." (W-pI. 76.9:2)

"Wait in silent expectancy for the truth." (W-pI.94.4:1)

Lesson 76, "I am under no laws but God's" specifically addresses vaccinations: "You really think a small round pellet or some fluid pushed into your veins through a sharpened needle will ward off disease and death...It is insanity that thinks these things." (W-pI.76.3:3 and 4.1)

The Voice for God within me has clearly directed me to neither receive the vaccination or to get tested.

3. What is the accommodation or modification you are requesting?

Working from home full-time until the requirements for testing and/or vaccination are lifted.

4. Are there alternative accommodations that would eliminate the conflict between the company requirement, policy or practices and your sincerely held religious beliefs?

Eliminate the proposed requirement for vaccination or testing for me and I will continue to come to work as I am now.

I have submitted this to my expert advisor and am waiting for their approval to send it to HR.

Now, aren't you glad you asked? :D

Absolutely.

Get a lawyer. I know that is a "throw away my money" option, however, the separation of church and state in the U.S. is sacrosanct. A presidential mandate cannot interfere with your religious beliefs (even though I personally don't believe or condone said beliefs). The Jehovah's Witness' are probably in the same boat but are not taken as serious as "true" denomination's of the path of Christ.

My teachings from management are that any reason to go to court is 120K. So if you make it too costly to proceed, you'll force them to A. Go to court; which is expensive as fuck. Or B. terminate you, which opens them to wrongful termination. Either way, you've made them as uncomfortable as possible.

It's now your move. If I had to put my cynic hat on... I think they are hoping you are faking. Just another ass trying to get free money. Cuz that's HR's job, to protect the company from law suits and fuckshit employees.

Keep the struggle and hope for the best.

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
any updates
Such an open-ended question to somebody who tends to condone his own diarrhea of the keyboard. :D

In regards to submitting the answers to the HR questions, wifey wants me to wait until Tuesday to submit them so that a possible negative response won't ruin our three day weekend. I've been wanting to submit them later today. HR sent an automated response to me asking for my feedback and I impulsively gave it to them complaining of their form letter response and lack of reply to my follow up, so I didn't want to leave them hanging the way they did me. I asked my higher power for guidance so we'll see.

But perhaps you want to know what's going on with LLD?! Well, it's been on hold for the last month, but I think I'm ready to get back to work on it. It will be interesting to see where it goes now since I am going through such massive internal changes in my mind. The next few scenes are already planned so I'll just let it flow, so to speak (sorry Peach!).

Reactions: El Buho

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
Such an open-ended question to somebody who tends to condone his own diarrhea of the keyboard. :D

In regards to submitting the answers to the HR questions, wifey wants me to wait until Tuesday to submit them so that a possible negative response won't ruin our three day weekend. I've been wanting to submit them later today. HR sent an automated response to me asking for my feedback and I impulsively gave it to them complaining of their form letter response and lack of reply to my follow up, so I didn't want to leave them hanging the way they did me. I asked my higher power for guidance so we'll see.

But perhaps you want to know what's going on with LLD?! Well, it's been on hold for the last month, but I think I'm ready to get back to work on it. It will be interesting to see where it goes now since I am going through such massive internal changes in my mind. The next few scenes are already planned so I'll just let it flow, so to speak (sorry Peach!).
Looking forward to update to game, but look after yourself first.

dommatt87

Dec 11, 2018

sorry im a truck driver and work 14 hours a day and dont have time to ready all messages and it was just a question of whats going on becouse i seen a lot of diffrent posts of difrent things going on and just wanted a up date of whaats going on with the game switching to subscribestar and Avery thing else

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
sorry im a truck driver and work 14 hours a day and dont have time to ready all messages and it was just a question of whats going on becouse i seen a lot of diffrent posts of difrent things going on and just wanted a up date of whaats going on with the game switching to subscribestar and Avery thing else
Here is a quick summary of events since the last release in late August. That seems so long ago now.

Shortly after the release, I had a computer crash and I found that I hadn't saved the user files for Koikatu since Chapter 1 was being produced. A horrendous mistake.

I decided that instead of trying to retrieve those files, I would change the art of this VN to Honey Select 2 as I had done everything I knew how to with the Koikatu engine and was ready for something different. As I was doing that, I began going through massive changes in the way I perceived the world around me. To illustrate how that was for me, here is a subminimal picture:

sex-plant-subliminal-image.jpg

Do you see anything out of the ordinary when you look at it? I know I didn't until it was specifically pointed out to me. Everyone I've shown it to so far didn't see it either. But very strangely, once you see it, it becomes the first thing you see when you see this picture forever after that.

I will point out the subliminal later so I don't give it away. But to make a long story short, my wife had been getting into a lot of the so-called conspiracy theories that are circulating around the alternative sites on the internet. I was mainly drawn to David Icke, who was the one that supplied this subliminal. He predicted the Orwellian events seemingly surrounding the COVID19 crisis 30 years ago. Now when I look at the world, that's all I see, just with like the subliminal in this image.

Before I found Icke, I'd already had a healthy distrust of Big Pharma in general and wanted no part of a vaccine that hadn't been tested properly and was being produced by profit motivated corporations with zero liability. But now my mind was swirling with all of these horribly sinister conspiracy theories. Then in October, the health corporation I've been working for last ten years announced that they were forcing us to either get vaccinated or bring in a negative test. This seemed to confirm all the conspiracy theories.

Well, I felt like I was being guided by God to neither get the vaccine or be tested, so I invoked the religious exemption that I filed with my company last July. Since then, they flatly denied the exemption they once offered and when I didn't back down, they then offered me the "accommodation" of unpaid leave. I refused. If you scroll up to the wall-o-text above this wall-o-text, you can read about the current events. I will submit my answers to the questions this Tuesday.

Have you found the subliminal? Look for the letters SEX in the white spaces between the plants in the bottom half. See it now? You do?! Now notice how this is the first thing you see when you look at this from now on. Freaked me out.

This whole world was freaking me out and my wife was getting frightened so I've been digging down deep with my spirituality lately asking God to help me see things the way they really are. Now we're both in a more peaceful place knowing we are being taken care of by our creator despite what seems to be happening around us. I'm pulling back from all the conspiracy stuff, realizing I really don't know what the fuck is going on in this world.

That being said, LLD will be taking on a whole different tone with the new art and the way I'm "seeing" the world around me.

Not that it won't continue to be silly and sexy...some things about me will never change. :)

Last edited:

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
Tawny Fairquim Frolics you don't need to see the word to know what the picture is trying to show you just look at the first two flowers on the left and you'll see them trying to make out and the one on the far right is trying to put a vine in the other one. Plus if anything in that picture represents you it would be the blue bird watching ;).

Vreek

Apr 8, 2020
Here is a quick summary of events since the last release in late August. That seems so long ago now.

Shortly after the release, I had a computer crash and I found that I hadn't saved the user files for Koikatu since Chapter 1 was being produced. A horrendous mistake.

I decided that instead of trying to retrieve those files, I would change the art of this VN to Honey Select 2 as I had done everything I knew how to with the Koikatu engine and was ready for something different. As I was doing that, I began going through massive changes in the way I perceived the world around me. To illustrate how that was for me, here is a subminimal picture:

sex-plant-subliminal-image.jpg

Do you see anything out of the ordinary when you look at it? I know I didn't until it was specifically pointed out to me. Everyone I've shown it to so far didn't see it either. But very strangely, once you see it, it becomes the first thing you see when you see this picture forever after that.

I will point out the subliminal later so I don't give it away. But to make a long story short, my wife had been getting into a lot of the so-called conspiracy theories that are circulating around the alternative sites on the internet. I was mainly drawn to David Icke, who was the one that supplied this subliminal. He predicted the Orwellian events seemingly surrounding the COVID19 crisis 30 years ago. Now when I look at the world, that's all I see, just with like the subliminal in this image.

Before I found Icke, I'd already had a healthy distrust of Big Pharma in general and wanted no part of a vaccine that hadn't been tested properly and was being produced by profit motivated corporations with zero liability. But now my mind was swirling with all of these horribly sinister conspiracy theories. Then in October, the health corporation I've been working for last ten years announced that they were forcing us to either get vaccinated or bring in a negative test. This seemed to confirm all the conspiracy theories.

Well, I felt like I was being guided by God to neither get the vaccine or be tested, so I invoked the religious exemption that I filed with my company last July. Since then, they flatly denied the exemption they once offered and when I didn't back down, they then offered me the "accommodation" of unpaid leave. I refused. If you scroll up to the wall-o-text above this wall-o-text, you can read about the current events. I will submit my answers to the questions this Tuesday.

Have you found the subliminal? Look for the letters SEX in the white spaces between the plants in the bottom half. See it now? You do?! Now notice how this is the first thing you see when you look at this from now on. Freaked me out.

This whole world was freaking me out and my wife was getting frightened so I've been digging down deep with my spirituality lately asking God to help me see things the way they really are. Now we're both in a more peaceful place knowing we are being taken care of by our creator despite what seems to be happening around us. I'm pulling back from all the conspiracy stuff, realizing I really don't know what the fuck is going on in this world.

That being said, LLD will be taking on a whole different tone with the new art and the way I'm "seeing" the world around me.

Not that it won't continue to be silly and sexy...some things about me will never change. :)
Looks to me that you've found enlightenment - at least some part of it. Loved to read those lines sir.

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Looking forward to the new artwork. How much further than this scene will it start? View attachment 1543754
You're still only about a third of the way through. But the new artwork hasn't been released yet in the VN yet. You can see the display previews over the last three months in this thread, though I think the final result will be better than those...I hope.

Reactions: El Buho
3.70 star(s) 50 Votes