Xuris_

Nov 20, 2019
i did the side content, well now that u r the one saying, i at least think that i did (hahahahahahah).... but even so... idk... it was really fast...well... i play the game, everytime on the updates, so i've asked just because this update was really different from the other... really short in comparation...but i can be wrong to... maybe i didn't do the full sides... hahaha.. well... there is only one way to find out... i will do again! hahahahaha
Again... reeealy love ur game man! S2

Reactions: Real Kreten

Slumbi

Nov 23, 2018
Hey all. Couple of questions:
- Black rose...seems i missed finding it in book 1 and now that i've started book 2 i seem to be unable to find one, and the quest does not appear in my active quests anymore. I read the book in Jenny's coffee shop and it says i'm thinking of the one black rose..but i go to elsewhere day after day and look only for treasures..no rose. I go alone or accompanied, no difference
- If i finished act VII and then continued playing for a few more weeks, now at day 150 or so, when i start act VIII what happens to events that where supposed to start at say..day 140? They get pushed ahead or i miss them?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey all. Couple of questions:
- Black rose...seems i missed finding it in book 1 and now that i've started book 2 i seem to be unable to find one, and the quest does not appear in my active quests anymore. I read the book in Jenny's coffee shop and it says i'm thinking of the one black rose..but i go to elsewhere day after day and look only for treasures..no rose. I go alone or accompanied, no difference
- If i finished act VII and then continued playing for a few more weeks, now at day 150 or so, when i start act VIII what happens to events that where supposed to start at say..day 140? They get pushed ahead or i miss them?
Black Rose was a book 1 event, so you've missed out on it. You can cheat by adding two flags (BLACK_ROSE2 and BLACK_ROSE3) using the debug menu to avoid missing out on related Book 2 content, but without having played the full Black Rose sequence some of it will sound weird.

Once Act VIII starts, Emily will call you back to start at the right day and time, so you'll be back at day 134.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Black Rose was a book 1 event, so you've missed out on it. You can cheat by adding two flags (BLACK_ROSE2 and BLACK_ROSE3) using the debug menu to avoid missing out on related Book 2 content, but without having played the full Black Rose sequence some of it will sound weird.

Once Act VIII starts, Emily will call you back to start at the right day and time, so you'll be back at day 134.
Can I ask are there any Black Rose events in book 2 so far? After I started book 2, I always visited cafe once per update but she never had any new dialoge and continued to send me away from cafe before late night. I looked from debug menu and only black_rose_olivia is unchecked.

Reactions: JMINATL

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Can I ask are there any Black Rose events in book 2 so far? After I started book 2, I always visited cafe once per update but she never had any new dialoge and continued to send me away from cafe before late night. I looked from debug menu and only black_rose_olivia is unchecked.
There's quite a few events in Act VIII+, but that's still on steam beta. I've got one more event I planned on doing, and another I didn't plan, before it's done. I'm working on a new battle-system, and I'm bouncing back and forth between including that in Act VIII+ or pushing it for Act IX.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I think Molly's your better bet out of those two. Katie probably just put whisky in their bottles to quiet them down. :p
I don't see the problem with that, my mother did it and I turned out just fine...errr....mostly.....ummm....alright, you might have a valid point :mad:

Besides; now that the thought has been planted in (what passes for) my mind, I sooo want to see Katie with a baby bump :love:

Reactions: JMINATL

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I did a little 'behind the scenes' video highlighting one of the many composers used in Love of Magic. Might be interesting for some of you:

It was super cool that Alexander volunteered to do an intro to it :)
(Edit: Spelling is hard)

Last edited:

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018

1630151821782.png
β β β Only available on the beta track on Steam as of now β β β
(So don't go looking for it elsewhere just yet.)​

Most of the optional H/Slice of Life events are now called out in the walkthrough directly, but the Book 2 Black Rose (even though no Black Roses are used anymore) is an extensive sequence and is broken out into its own section after the first few actions.

Note that the walkthrough doesn't give you any significant detail of what is going on, although you can make some inferences :)

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018

β β β Only available on the beta track on Steam as of now β β β
(So don't go looking for it elsewhere just yet.)​

Most of the optional H/Slice of Life events are now called out in the walkthrough directly, but the Book 2 Black Rose (even though no Black Roses are used anymore) is an extensive sequence and is broken out into its own section after the first few actions.

Note that the walkthrough doesn't give you any significant detail of what is going on, although you can make some inferences :)
Unfortunately I dont have the game on my steam account. Thank you for clarification.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Mr Droid! fuck... idk how to say that, but i reeeeealy love your game! maaaaan.... every update i grow my spectations... every update, i try to imagine what is coming... i realy apreciate your work and your trouble to bring us this amazing game... But i have to say... the last was reeeealy short and really made me sad... i hoped for more... for almost 3 months without content (since this last one), i was expecting at least more side quests... and this last update ended with just the beginning of the war... and that kind of made me sad... believe droid... i know the dates of your updates, just because i fuckin love this game... unfortunately the dollar in my country (sorry for the bad english too xD) is reeeeeally high... so i really can't help with your work in the way i really wanted to... but this last last update was really short... i was hopping at least to the wedding in february... but we didn't had this... so... let me ask u pls... all the updates will be short? (again... sorry for the english... its not my mother language, and in any moment i wanted to sound rude, but with my poor english i may have sound... and sorry for that... wasn't what i was hopping to achieve...)
Did you do what I did and not build the Dojo? I kinda arsed about and missed quite a bit

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Did you do what I did and not build the Dojo? I kinda arsed about and missed quite a bit
Yeah, most of the optional content is gated by the KD upgrades and the Kingdom events, that and going drinking at the Crowley and King's Dragon. I still need more Crowley content to lure the player back there more.

Xuris_

Nov 20, 2019
I did... that was the first one that i did... xD
actually... i think that i already did the side quests from there...And the events from drinking too...
looked back in the crowley too, but as droid said, there is no knew sides there.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

For those of you on the Steam beta path you can now spot the first alpha-implementation of the new strategy combat coming online. As with the world-map and the poker game it remains a work in progress; I likely won't get around to inserting it into the end of Act VIII (which is the first time you encounter it in-game) for a while yet, but here's a little preview video.

MataHariX

Nov 12, 2018
To Droid Productions,

Dear, I love your game I rate it as within the top 5 games available on this forum.

Unfortunately, today I ran into problems with the 'Book1 - v1.0.7b, Book 2 - v0.2.5b' download.
I use MacOS 11.5.2 and whether I downloaded via F95zone — https://f95zone.to/threads/love-of-...-droid-productions.41188/page-27#post-2958710 — from Mega or Nopy and expanded with ArchiveUtility, the Unarchiver or Keka, I invariably obtained the message that the file was damaged and could not be opened.

Maybe something happened with the upload?

Anyway, I am looking forward to the following updates.
Thank you very much indeed for your high-quality work :love:

Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 18.14.41.png

MataHariX

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, most of the optional content is gated by the KD upgrades and the Kingdom events, that and going drinking at the Crowley and King's Dragon. I still need more Crowley content to lure the player back there more.
More sex with auntie or why not Mom will certainly draw the attention of the players to the Crowley

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes