NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I still hasn't finish book 1 yet. Currently at chapter 4. Is the old saves file still compatible with new remastered version?

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I still hasn't finish book 1 yet. Currently at chapter 4. Is the old saves file still compatible with new remastered version?
Yes, savegames remain compatible. Story wise very little has changed; the main difference is visuals wise, with various images color-corrected, some re-rendered, and 30+ short animations added to beef up combat sequences. I also updated the 3 first sex scenes, re-rendering them and adding animations.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
For what it's worth, if you are playing the "old" version of Book 1, you may want to re download and play the remastered version from a fresh start. I, personally, am looking forward to seeing all the little edits Droid has done.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Yes, savegames remain compatible. Story wise very little has changed; the main difference is visuals wise, with various images color-corrected, some re-rendered, and 30+ short animations added to beef up combat sequences. I also updated the 3 first sex scenes, re-rendering them and adding animations.
Droid, I'm assuming I can just do a fresh replay of Book 1 to "take a tour" as it were and it won't affect my book 2 save at all, correct?

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
For what it's worth, if you are playing the "old" version of Book 1, you may want to re download and play the remastered version from a fresh start. I, personally, am looking forward to seeing all the little edits Droid has done.
I'm too lazy to do that. This isn't like a renpy VN where you can just skip straight a head. There is a lot of day to day activities and grinding to do.
Where is the saves file locate btw? I'm thinking about install windows 11 and I need to format the C drive.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm too lazy to do that. This isn't like a renpy VN where you can just skip straight a head. There is a lot of day to day activities and grinding to do.
Where is the saves file locate btw? I'm thinking about install windows 11 and I need to format the C drive.
Here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

It's definitely worth playing it through first once; it's not really massively branching (there's no choice you could have made to make Jenny the Queen, for example), but there's a fair amount of replayability hidden in the side-content, and a lot of the story is written in such a way that it'll read very differently on the second pass through.

Reactions: NukaCola

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
It's definitely worth playing it through first once; it's not really massively branching (there's no choice you could have made to make Jenny the Queen, for example), but there's a fair amount of replayability hidden in the side-content, and a lot of the story is written in such a way that it'll read very differently on the second pass through.
It would be nice if we could make Jenny a Queen.

But Droid are you talking about Chloe wanting to live forever and making a deal that made her eyes glow.
With the same entity that the Schwartalf "the Pervert" made a deal with. for the dice are finally starting to slow.

Also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
Do i need to fully download book2 to do an update from 2_0_2_5b to the actual one ?
If you want to update Book with the newest content then yes you need to download all of Book 2.
If you want to latesed version of Book 1, ou'll have to download that one

Reactions: nokinoki

kauthor

Jun 15, 2018
Not exactly happy with the fact that the new version requires Mac OS 10.13 whereas 1.01 runs fine on 10.11.6.. Will be looking into getting a new Macbook Pro this year.. my laptop has served me very smoothly for 13 years..

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It would be nice if we could make Jenny a Queen.

But Droid are you talking about Chloe wanting to live forever and making a deal that made her eyes glow.
With the same entity that the Schwartalf "the Pervert" made a deal with. for the dice are finally starting to slow.

Also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Interesting theory about Emily, I suspect as well that that mantle returning to active is part of the story, I just suspect it will be someone else that even more fully closes the circle of sorcery, evoker and enchantment. :)

For Chloe, do not forget she seems to be the first of the modern sorcerers and was a chosen of the Goddess. Her relation to and knowledge of the voices may well be/is likely beyond that of anyone else, even if she is not the Beloved of the Voices or the strongest Sorceress.

Considering MC, well he is not finished yet. He seems to have the same raw power even without the artificial mantle as the other heads of Pantheons like Amaterasu or Odin, who called him brother, but misses an ingredient(s) that should have been supplied by the Goddess. It will be interesting to see how he gains that and becomes complete.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Not exactly happy with the fact that the new version requires Mac OS 10.13 whereas 1.01 runs fine on 10.11.6.. Will be looking into getting a new Macbook Pro this year.. my laptop has served me very smoothly for 13 years..
It's because I upgraded Unity. Not the only bug that caused :(

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Not really a problem. Its just me being OCD freak but why the new version don't have a custom icon and just use a default Unity icon?

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes