Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
new update? or just the android build and that's why it is in latest updates?
This is just me finally beating the Android build back into submission. I added a bunch of videos and re-touched images, so it took a while to make Android love me again. On the Book 2 side it still doesn't; I'm stuck sideloading content, and that's got it's own potential complexities.

On the main-line side of things, I'm now on day 163; Act IX ends day 165. It's a relatively short act (14 days), but also quite packed with events, with only 3 days that has no timed events. I'm hoping to get it in a couple of weeks, but life's complicated by there being two paths of attack (Dresden / Texas) coming out of that council meeting.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
This is just me finally beating the Android build back into submission.
wow ... way to crush all my hopes and dreams after seeing it come up on latest updates ... ;)

It feels like some kind of VN blue-balls ... Like when your girl calls and you think she's going to come over but really she's just letting you know that her cousin "Andi" is visiting and she'll have to come around some other time.

My Disappointment Is Immeasurable And My Day Is Ruined.

• Haha
Reactions: dimale7582

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
wow ... way to crush all my hopes and dreams after seeing it come up on latest updates ... ;)

It feels like some kind of VN blue-balls ... Like when your girl calls and you think she's going to come over but really she's just letting you know that her cousin "Andi" is visiting and she'll have to come around some other time.

My Disappointment Is Immeasurable And My Day Is Ruined.
Sorry :)

I did roll out Day 163 (Dresden Path) on the Steam beta today. I'll continue pushing that until I reach the end of the act, then going back and adding the Texas path, then fixing up a couple of smaller side-events and technical issues before I'm done.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Warscared

arroganz

Sep 6, 2020
Does anyone have a working WIN64 Mirror? Nopy and Dropmefiles are down. Mixdrop takes forever. Mega preferred. Thanks in advance

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Makes me sad, I was a patreon of theirs for a year+. Best hosting service bar none. :(
Mega's been giving me real problems for files over about 1.5GB. Would you consider adding Pixeldrain as a download? I know it's not available everywhere, but I'm seeing 5+MB/s which is a lot faster than most of the other alternatives to Mega.

Oh I miss the hell out of Nopy too. Great site.

Reactions: Termax

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Mega's been giving me real problems for files over about 1.5GB. Would you consider adding Pixeldrain as a download? I know it's not available everywhere, but I'm seeing 5+MB/s which is a lot faster than most of the other alternatives to Mega.

Oh I miss the hell out of Nopy too. Great site.
Tried earlier, but it refused the upload. Not quite sure why. I'll have another look tomorrow.

Nov 23, 2020
OP still says Version: 1.1.9b (Book 1) 0.2.21b (Book 2).
MEGA links filename for Book 2 is love_of_magic_1_2_1_win64.zip.
I'm confused ...

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I always try to like this but for the life of me I just can't, I have a phobia for forced romances and this title does just that..If the main heroine was optional I may even chase after her myself for she is not bad looking at all but knowing that being with her is out of the question just makes her so undersirable to me, no matter how attractive she is she will always be that vanilla girl that you can't escape from, a bitter pill that the dev wants you to swallow. This puts the player in an arranged marriage situation.....Free your games devs, free your players, free your characters.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
While you haven't describe your problem the most likely is that some of the game files have the wrong protections. Search this thread for chmod and you'll find instructions on how to change the necessary file's protections to be executable.

If that is not your problem and you provide details of the error(s) folks here will try to help you.

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
Can anyone help me in making Book 1 work in MacOs?
I'm assuming you've downloaded and decompressed the app.

Open up the Terminal app. Type

<code>
xattr -rc
</code>

Drag the app from the Finder into the terminal window (or type the path if you are so inclined). Do be sure to have a space in between the -rc and the path. Hit enter. Again in the Terminal app type

<code>
sudo chmod -R 755
</code>

And again drag the app from the Finder (or type the path if that is more your speed), making sure there is a space between the 755 and the path. The SUDO command will ask you for your password so you will need admin privileges.

That should be all you need to do to get apps from this site to work. At least that's all I've ever done and it seems to work with no issue.

Reactions: JMINATL
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes