Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
We need a better fix for Mac. The chmod alteration still does not always work. The fault lies somewhere with either the Unity programme or Mac quarantine. As not all Unity gives me this problem, I suspect there is a coding solution in this game.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
We need a better fix for Mac. The chmod alteration still does not always work. The fault lies somewhere with either the Unity programme or Mac quarantine. As not all Unity gives me this problem, I suspect there is a coding solution in this game.
I've never had a problem with the chmod fix. What version of the OS are you running? Apple keeps making privileged operations more difficult.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Irkutsk? Ulaanbaatar?
Guy I went to Uni with drove a mini metro from Glasgow to Beijing and stopped off in Ulaanbaatar. Said he had the best steak of his life in there and it cost him next to nothing. Always reminded of that when I see it mentioned. Not sure I'd go that far for a steak but the way he raved about it tempted me slightly.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
This may be more a Steam issue but has anyone else experienced a problem with Book 1 saves not being saved in the Steam Cloud? I just had to do a Windows reinstallation and went to play book 2 only to find I had nothing to import..... so I'm back getting the tutorial on how to play cards like I'm a muggle.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
ugh. Playing from the beginning and checking out my gem cache

Although on this play through I've just realised that the ginger tail isn't Akane's and all three are Kitsune's....

1636761275362.png

Last edited:

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
This may be more a Steam issue but has anyone else experienced a problem with Book 1 saves not being saved in the Steam Cloud? I just had to do a Windows reinstallation and went to play book 2 only to find I had nothing to import..... so I'm back getting the tutorial on how to play cards like I'm a muggle.
Normies, we're called normies.

And just checked my save folder. And I am only at day 17 at the moment. I do have a cheat save, i think, it comes from my backup folder created at 25-09-2021. So not sure what game version was used to create the save file version.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That's a new one; they should definitely save if you're playing the steam version (and the non-steam version saves to the same location). The file it's loading is act6.sav, you can check if it's there:

PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
That's a new one; they should definitely save if you're playing the steam version (and the non-steam version saves to the same location). The file it's loading is act6.sav, you can check if it's there:

PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Yeah I got them in the end. It was very odd. The game just straight up refused to believe they were there, restarting a few times and swearing at Steam seemed to have sorted it but God knows if I could tell you what was different between the time it worked and the times it didn't.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah I got them in the end. It was very odd. The game just straight up refused to believe they were there, restarting a few times and swearing at Steam seemed to have sorted it but God knows if I could tell you what was different between the time it worked and the times it didn't.
Computers can sense fear, much like wolves.

I had a string of keyboards fail in rapid succession, so I took the last failed one, and nailed it to the wall above the computer. The next keyboard lasted for 5 years.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Computers can sense fear, much like wolves.

I had a string of keyboards fail in rapid succession, so I took the last failed one, and nailed it to the wall above the computer. The next keyboard lasted for 5 years.
i did the same but with car engines! well it was not a string i just beat the shit out of it with a baseball bat and it worked another 2 years... and then the engine i shit you not literally broke in half!
it wasn´t me it just fell down the stairs...

Last edited:

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
I've never had a problem with the chmod fix. What version of the OS are you running? Apple keeps making privileged operations more difficult.
11.6.1 but it did not work for the 2 previous upgrades of the game either in the past year

also tried #6366 but get an error msg
zsh: parse error near '\n'

here is what I entered Ignoring the 'xxx')

xxx@xxxiMac ~ % <code> xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2 </code> and

xxx@xxxiMac ~ % <code> sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2 </code>

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
11.6.1 but it did not work for the 2 previous upgrades of the game either in the past year

xxx@xxxiMac ~ % <code> xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2 </code> and

xxx@xxxiMac ~ % <code> sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2 </code>
Are you copy-pasting the <code> elements? Because those are just forum tags to list something as a bit of source code and make the print look prettier, it's not supposed to be copy-pasted.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020

At the command prompt you want to type just these two command strings:

xattr -rc /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2

sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/xxx/Desktop/love_of_magic_book2

where "xxx" is your username.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Ismjahson

Aug 14, 2018
Tiny complain about the post, not the game. Why are the windows 32/64 versions swapped?

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes