Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
ok. I try to reproduce bug...and maybe it need to quicksave. For normal save it doesn't appear again. But I''ve got another glitch. After first portal I've got new locations banner. And it still here even after I've load another save.
Some people seem to attract bugs :)

That one is fixed in Book 2, I haven't had time to port the fix to Book 1 yet (and it's thankfully pretty rare). If you want to help do beta testing and fixing, btw, I totally recommend hitting the Discord, where you'll find a lot of similar souls.

Reactions: JJsmall

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Screenshot_1.png

Is there supposed to be a comma after "but when I do"?
IE; should it read "but when I do, magic changes."

I'm not trying to nit-pick or anything, just genuinely wondering.

Reactions: JMINATL

grimbeer

Feb 12, 2021
Fun fact, there's a specific tag for linear storytelling where the player choices and dialogue don't have an effect on the game.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
True, there's one for free-roam games where you have agency and what you do and where you go is in your control also :p

While the game has kinetic aspects in that you WILL hit story waypoints along the way on specific dates, it also has myriad other characteristics - the journey is sandboxed allowing side quests, optional love interests, character building, dungeon crawling, mini-games, magic buildouts, worklife, world roaming, expanding your home, and other aspects synthesized from different approaches in various genres.

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
I don't know if it's something I did the wrong way (shouldn't be so, just unpacked as usual), but after the demon battle the sex scene is not visible - I wonder: is there any?

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
I don't know if it's something I did the wrong way (shouldn't be so, just unpacked as usual), but after the demon battle the sex scene is not visible - I wonder: is there any?
Absolutely there is.
It -should- look more like this :cool:

If you don't mind you can probably keep going. Or you could try rewinding the conversation or even loading the whole day and skipping through it again.

If you've got a save and player.log handy Droid would probably appreciate them.

(I'm going to assume you don't have the Streamer mode enabled in settings?)

1638826802854.png

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions , the Linux links lead to Mac files. Thanks for this great game.

PS: Till that is fixed my fellow Linux users can get the game on patreon.
Weird, I could have sworn I tested that this time (because I had similar reports last time). I've copied the links from the Patreon post.

DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
That was a great update! The Wedding was absolutely brilliant.

But... it felt short. Act IX I mean. And I know it's because I only played half of it(Dresden). I get what Droid is trying to do but a story branch this major after the first Book was wholly linear on the main story is a bit of a bummer. Even if you play the other branch on a different savefile, you still have a LOT of content you've already seen and basically just skipping through.

And depending on how impactful the choice between Dresden and Texas is on hte long run, that's basically the rest of the game. You get half of it and have to slog through hours and hours of repeat content to get the other side.

Droid Productions would it be possible to set up a sort of a "what if"-kinda system ingame where you can play the other branch without having to re-play all the content inbetween. considering we're dealing with magic and gods and whatnot, it could be justified in-universe.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Did anyone catched this nice reference to King Richard Lionhearth aka Sean Connery? I love it :)
Yeah, I put that in the day after he passed away (I was writing the end of Book 1, and the first visit to Camelot at the time). It's not the only reference to him; if you spend some time drinking coffee and chatting with people in Starcucks you'll meet both a super charismatic Scottish actor with a spheesh impediment (+3 CHR) and an aspiring writer that's scribbling a story on a napkin about a magical boarding school and a boy that lived (+2 CHR).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That was a great update! The Wedding was absolutely brilliant.

But... it felt short. Act IX I mean. And I know it's because I only played half of it(Dresden). I get what Droid is trying to do but a story branch this major after the first Book was wholly linear on the main story is a bit of a bummer. Even if you play the other branch on a different savefile, you still have a LOT of content you've already seen and basically just skipping through.

And depending on how impactful the choice between Dresden and Texas is on hte long run, that's basically the rest of the game. You get half of it and have to slog through hours and hours of repeat content to get the other side.

Droid Productions would it be possible to set up a sort of a "what if"-kinda system ingame where you can play the other branch without having to re-play all the content inbetween. considering we're dealing with magic and gods and whatnot, it could be justified in-universe.
You'll take the other path in Act IX. So if you picked Dresden first you'll pick Texas next (with some small changes), and if you picked Texas first you'll do Dresden a week later. Both need to be resolved, and while there will be some minor story changes based on which one you picked first, there won't be major changes.

DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
You'll take the other path in Act IX. So if you picked Dresden first you'll pick Texas next (with some small changes), and if you picked Texas first you'll do Dresden a week later. Both need to be resolved, and while there will be some minor story changes based on which one you picked first, there won't be major changes.
Okay, that is a relief.

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Droid Productions

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
When I loaded the new Book 2 v0.5.6 It seems to load a previous save from day 151 but previously I played over 200 days
my stats are now lower and it almost seems like I am going backwards???

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes