Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Oh, wait: one more thing that could be important. On this playthrough, I was cheating. I juiced the three primary stats, sword, money, and the gems. So if there's some sort of negative stat gate — the game tests whether or not I'm up for this fight during each round, or whatever — that might be the culprit.

That said, every playthrough I used to try to replicate the issue ended the way it was supposed to. With the same cheated stats.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Nah, none of those things should affect it; the game doesn't punish you for cheating in any way.

Likely what happens is for *some* reason it fails to trigger the end of story sequence; it could happen for various reasons, but the most common symptom seems to be speed-clicking through really fast, causing a follow-on conversation to not trigger properly.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
in the finder window search for this folder over the entire disk:
com.droidproductions.loveofmagic
Zero results. Yet I can navigate to the folder if I choose to reveal hidden items. Macs can be so weird. In any case, the file Droid was asking for isn't there, or at least isn't visible:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Rather curious puzzle you have there, could the file be placed in a different game folder for Mac users?
I even went in via the terminal and dredged up decades-forgotten UNIX commands to explore the directory. Not there (or not visible there) either.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I even went in via the terminal and dredged up decades-forgotten UNIX commands to explore the directory. Not there (or not visible there) either.
There are a couple possibilities related to protections on the folder(s) in the path. However the daily save files have the form dayxx.sav or dayxxx.sav2 for book1 and book2 respectively, where xx or xxx is the day number. You can try searching for one of them. For example day12.sav or day117.sav2. There are other save files in addition to the daily saves. All the save file reside in the same folder.

Reactions: Segnbora

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
However the daily save files have the form dayxx.sav or dayxxx.sav2 for book1 and book2 respectively, where xx or xxx is the day number. You can try searching for one of them. For example day12.sav or day117.sav2. There are other save files in addition to the daily saves. All the save file reside in the same folder.
Right, and all those are visible in that particular directory; every single day save, plus the chapter ending saves. Just not the file Droid was asking for.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Right, and all those are visible in that particular directory; every single day save, plus the chapter ending saves. Just not the file Droid was asking for.
'tis ever thus. :)

Don't worry about it, I just need to spam click things and try to repro it, I think.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Yup. I'm embarrassed to admit that file isn't present there. Which is very very strange given everything I've learned about how files get allocated for this game. There are NO files with a .log extension that I could find in that folder. Nor could I find any .log files in the game's installation folder and its subfolders.

Droid, I know you said not to worry about this but I'd like to resolve it. Is the log file written every time the game is started? Is it preserved when the game is closed? If so I can chase it down by date and time. I don't understand why the file wouldn't exist somewhere. Are there circumstances where the file isn't written or is deleted at game exit? If it's opened I can look for it while the game is running.

Anyway, if you think it's not worth the time so be it, but if you give me some insight I'm happy to chase this down, or at least attempt to do so.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Anyway, if you think it's not worth the time so be it, but if you give me some insight I'm happy to chase this down, or at least attempt to do so.
says it should be here:
~/Library/Logs/Company Name/Product Name/Player.log

so
~/Library/Logs/Droid Productions/Love of Magic/Player.log

Jul 19, 2021
book 3 is likely to have its own surprises but i doubt were even close to the finish line yet with book 2, still got some ways to go.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
But even if the universe is ending due to the Outsiders, wouldn't it be just so exciting to chase down hidden MacOS files in order to acquire the Flawless IT Gem in a side quest? +1000 to dark web attacks!

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
But even if the universe is ending due to the Outsiders, wouldn't it be just so exciting to chase down hidden MacOS files in order to acquire the Flawless IT Gem in a side quest? +1000 to dark web attacks!
thats a clear kingdom event and not a quest!

Besides the others do not wish to destroy the world! they just want to keep the balance and take out the pantheons that do not adjust and become a source of entropy instead of advancement and thus like you need to pluck the weakest branch of the rose shrubs to allow the best roses to flourish so you must remove the weakest or most old fashioned pantheons to keep the world healthy!

its funny that to survive Camelot must adjust and modernize... so i guess they are achieving their goals no matter what! Also Camelot changed a lot, a princess marrying a commoner peasant from a, in terms of magic, backward place!

Do not confuse the cult with the others, and those indeed want to destroy the world or at least all life and rule over the ashes!

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
The Cult wants to install updates, Katie says something like "nae feckin' [unintelligebile brouge]" and the world doesn't end. Wins all around!

Last edited:
Reactions: Warscared

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
says it should be here:
~/Library/Logs/Company Name/Product Name/Player.log

so
~/Library/Logs/Droid Productions/Love of Magic/Player.log
Yup! It's there.
Some of the directories (folders) that make up the user environment are set up so that the GUI interface has a hard time getting directly to them. For example if I open a finder window in my home area (directory) the Library folder is not displayed. You have to use a terminal session to get at it.

Issued from my home directory in a terminal session. Note the use of backslash to escape spaces in the path:

mac$ cd ~

dhcp31:~ mac$ pwd
/Users/mac

dhcp31:~ mac$ ls Library/Logs/Droid\ Productions/Love\ of\ Magic/
Player-prev.log Player.log

Updated information:

dhcp31:~ mac$ ls -ld Library/
drwx--x--x@ 82 mac staff 2624 Mar 17 2021 Library/

Note the @ at the end of the file protections. This indicates that the Library directory has extended file attributes.
We can display the attribute information by adding the -@ to the ls command

dhcp31:~ mac$ ls -ld -@ Library/
drwx--x--x@ 82 mac staff 2624 Mar 17 2021 Library/
com.apple.FinderInfo 32
This attribute provides additional information to the finder on how to treat the file or directory. I haven't dug through the details, but I'm reasonably sure that this tells the finder to hide the directory from the GUI display, and probably other special handling as well.

Last edited:

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
For example if I open a finder window in my home area (directory) the Library folder is not displayed. You have to use a terminal session to get at it.
FYI, in Finder, hold down Option key, then on the screen-top menu, click "Go".
In the menu dropdown, "Library" will show up (as long as Option is pressed) and you can navigate to it straight off.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes