kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Nah, Dad's important in the story, but of the romantic/erotic entanglements MC makes, the only one they share is Chloe. Who isn't by any means "MC"s; a cat doesn't have owners, only servants and worshippers. Mom will not (sorry) ever be an LI, and neither will Nimue (who you'll meet at the end of Act I, and who also belongs to dad). MC will have a harem all of his own, but the Queen of the harem will always be Emily.
Despite being obviously heartbroken at Nimue not being a LI, will she make an appearance again? All the talk was about her going to join her master and whatnot and I was unsure how final that farewell was.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I've never been fan of 'fuck buddies' or 'friends with benefits' kinda relationships in the games and according to you Chloe is exactly like that to mc. She is not romanceable, she is not in love with mc. They are just who casually having sex. Since the game called 'love and magic' and I've really liked that character, I hoped that we could eventually romance her and fell in love with each other but you say it won't ever happen. That's what made me extremely dissapointed sadly. So I don't know if I want to continue or not since my favourite character is not romanceable... Maybe I will try I don't know

On the other hand I bought your other game Paradise Lust. Surprisingly even tho there are not many romance scenes with most of the girls in the game, my favourite characters are romanceable and have romance scenes which made me happy indeed :D
I've always found Chloe to be neither of those things. It's always been less a case of friends with benefits and more "someone Chloe can have her way with if the desire takes her. Fuck buddies implies both have a say in it and I think the MC's along for the "ride" here.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic & Morningstar]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Despite being obviously heartbroken at Nimue not being a LI, will she make an appearance again? All the talk was about her going to join her master and whatnot and I was unsure how final that farewell was.
She said she'd return at your hour of most desperate need.

I tend to believe sorceresses when they say stuff like that.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah I actually changed my mind after playing more. I will continue playing since Emily love story is just too good and if other girls love stories with mc are at least half as good as emily's that means this is a really amazing harem game. Very very good job dev (y)

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Yeah I actually changed my mind after playing more. I will continue playing since Emily love story is just too good and if other girls love stories with mc are at least half as good as emily's that means this is a really amazing harem game. Very very good job dev (y)
All joking aside, it's a damn solid game. So good it made me create a Patreon account so I could support it.

kanuan69

Oct 30, 2020
How often does Droid update the game? i want to wait for the end of book 2 so i can enjoy the story without breaks.

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
I would love to have Chloe and every girl on this planet as i liked them, in a game, that would be an endless dream of love and lust. In the contrary having more than one girl in real life could be the greatest disaster. So yes, seems to my mind that we like in games what we don't have in real life :ROFLMAO:

Happy for me in this game is that we have Emily and also a nice harem :D

p.s. I would like also to be reborn again as an Elf with few thousand years life time :)

jggold

Jun 22, 2019
Well thanks for the reply Droid, a good game is worth the wait but im probably gonna indulge myself and play either way.
You'll probably wind up playing this game several times, exploring different paths and different plans for how battle works. It really is a solid game with a lot of variety. Eight weeks will pass before you realize it.

Reactions: UncleFredo

Droid Productions

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Please someone update the Android version.
Working on it now; was going to test it, but dev.azure.com decided now was a good time to go down, so it'll have to wait a little.

The core Android problem is that the build is >2GB on Android, which means the APK flat out won't install. As such I need to upload the various addressable files somewhere, and download them on demand, which is a pain in the ass, process wise (need to pay for hosting, manual uploading, etc), and also a pain in the ass technically (having to deal with disconnections, partial downloads, etc).

• Red Heart
Reactions: LordUmbra

Droid Productions

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Android test (0.5.24b): - - - -

What's worth testing:
- Does it work? :D
- Performance on initial download (it uses cloudfront, so it may take a few downloads for that to trigger, and my normal server is slow as fuck).
- Bugs?

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
i had this game on the back burner for a while now, is the story and chars worth it? i've been meaning to give it a try a while now...and last question is there a grind mechanic in the game?

• Angry
Reactions: PhazeUFO

Droid Productions

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
last question is there a grind mechanic in the game?
There's an optional grind mechanic, if you enjoy Persona 4/5 character building and RPG mechanic. If you don't, there's a built in cheat menu (Ctrl+J to enable it), which lets you edit stats.

Whether the story or characters are worth it, I'm probably the wrong person to say :) I think people generally feel that story and characters are the strong suite of the game (the weakest suite being bigger sex animations).

There's a pretty extensive Wiki talking about strategies, characters, background story and a day-to-day walkthrough (which I'd recommend largely ignoring the first playthrough, the game does its best to guide you to what you should be doing).

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
i had this game on the back burner for a while now, is the story and chars worth it? i've been meaning to give it a try a while now...and last question is there a grind mechanic in the game?
You’ll enjoy this game if you read adult urban fantasy novels and enjoy those settings and characters. I found it to be a compelling story (I jumped on board during Book 2, so plenty of time to buy into the narrative) and the grind to be not noticeable as certain events are tied to certain days (if I remember correctly, it’s been a while).

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
The story and the characters are most definitely worth it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In other words, I think the game's worth playing as-is at least once. Or if not as-is, then at least cheating by gentle nudges rather than just giving yourself five copies of all the gems, all the money, and triple-digit stats. If you're a few chapters in and find that you just can't stand it anymore, then go ahead and cheat.

4.60 star(s) 260 Votes