e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
my first time playing through and i'm on book 1 atm and the only real complaint i have is i ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND MOLLY and the fact i cannot tell the nasty bitch to go fuck a minotaur or suck pond scum. the hole scenario with that ho is forced. fucking hate it.
She comes to an important realization in the future. Character development then ensues. :)

Reactions: darthpham

Noxstella

Sep 10, 2023
She comes to an important realization in the future. Character development then ensues. :)
yeah but still forces the MC to kind of cheat on the princess which i did not want to do. wanted a different kind of playthrough. plus i generally dislike blondes. i prefer brunettes and red heads.

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018
Probably because you don't have enough money. Spending some time hunting demons should fix that, hopefully in time.
Molly mentions Bella's birthday around Day 230. You go to The Crowley and order a necklace for Bella on your computer. It costs 3000 lbs. Pick it up from Chloe before Day 237. The birthday party is Day 237 (Evening).
Thank you, both! I finally managed it! :)

Reactions: LadySmoks

darthpham

Apr 2, 2022
There was only a day-by-day WT for Book 1 & 2. So here's the Book 3 Walkthrough from the Fandom website. I take no responsibility for it's accuracy as it's just a cut & paste into Excel then PDF.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This is the officially unofficial one.

It's fan-made, but they've done a far better job of it than I could have done.

• Hey there
Reactions: Warscared

darthpham

Apr 2, 2022
This is the officially unofficial one.

It's fan-made, but they've done a far better job of it than I could have done.
yes, that's the one I used. BTW, in Book 3, when will my companions get back to the same strength as end of Book 2?

Ryan87

Aug 6, 2017
I finished book 1 ages ago and I think I got all the events back then. Was waiting for book 2 to get a decent chunk of content before starting, but that got postponed and now my book 1 save file is long gone.(previous pc).
If I play book 2 without a book 1 save, do I miss out on stuff?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I finished book 1 ages ago and I think I got all the events back then. Was waiting for book 2 to get a decent chunk of content before starting, but that got postponed and now my book 1 save file is long gone.(previous pc).
If I play book 2 without a book 1 save, do I miss out on stuff?
The main thing you'd miss out on is Jenny's storyline, but you can use the debug UI (Ctrl+J) to add back her flags (BLACK_ROSE1, BLACK_ROSE2 and BLACK_ROSE3, if I recall)

Ryan87

Aug 6, 2017
The main thing you'd miss out on is Jenny's storyline, but you can use the debug UI (Ctrl+J) to add back her flags (BLACK_ROSE1, BLACK_ROSE2 and BLACK_ROSE3, if I recall)
I see. I already started book 1 from scratch to be safe and I might as well just commit to it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I see. I already started book 1 from scratch to be safe and I might as well just commit to it.
Well, enjoy :)

The three books are now done, I'm working on adding a New Game+ mode to Book 1, but that's still a bit away... it's my hobby project between acts of Morningstar.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ArhraCole

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
I had to do the same thing. I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11, and did so with a clean install. I did remember to back up my Ren'py games, but this one didn't even occur to me.

That's Ok, it didn't take me too long to go through book 1 and get to 2. I was about half-way through 2 when I stopped to wait until it was done, and then got distracted until after the whole thing was done.

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018
I seem to have reached a bit of an impasse. I'm supposed to be finding, and killing, Sarah. I saw a location in someone's (I've already forgotten his name) mind just before I killed him. But, now I can't find the location on the map I've been thrown onto.

Disregard. All I had to do was go to Camelot to actually continue that particular "Quest".

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018
Well, enjoy :)

The three books are now done, I'm working on adding a New Game+ mode to Book 1, but that's still a bit away... it's my hobby project between acts of Morningstar.
So, now that I just finished Book 3, would I be correct in my understanding that "Morningstar" is a continuation of the "Love of Magic" storyline?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So, now that I just finished Book 3, would I be correct in my understanding that "Morningstar" is a continuation of the "Love of Magic" storyline?
It's not.

There are shared souls (I was playing with the idea of eternal heroes), so 6 characters rejoin the cast (and then snowdrop snuck in), but it's a different world, and different rules.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes