morphisiusz

Dec 19, 2017
I hope the project will not fail like Strange Nights(they abandoned the project). And none of the developers will make problems. Even the menu is taken straight from the original game.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
As a fan of LiS I hope this game would be a jewel and I think The Architect can do it!

But I'm wondering about the fact, he has only ~500$ Patreon income/month, after such great games. That's weird.

Dec 9, 2017
As a fan of LiS I hope this game would be a jewel and I think The Architect can do it!

But I'm wondering about the fact, he has only ~500$ Patreon income/month, after such great games. That's weird.
Yeah he totally deserves more for the quality of games he's been making, I'll be waiting for new releases and if his LiS looks promising I'll start subbing

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
The term "adult" refers to the explored themes, not to the nudity.
The term "adult" has and has always referred to the content involved. It has nothing to do with the themes.

Kawata is an "adult" game because it contains nudity and sex, not because it explores relationships between disabled persons.

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
Kawata is an "adult" game because it contains nudity and sex, not because it explores relationships between disabled persons.
So you say that games without nudity and explicit scenes cannot be adult games by definition?

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
So you say that games without nudity and explicit scenes cannot be adult games by definition?
Unless they compensate that lack of nudity and explicit scenes with explicit language and explicit violence, then no, they are not.

Inside Out is a movie about examining the inner workings of a human's mind and processing various feelings over the course of a cross-nation move for a little girl through the guise of colorful caricatures of emotions. Is THAT an adult movie? No. No it is not.

Reactions: SpecLurker
Jul 30, 2020
Unless they compensate that lack of nudity and explicit scenes with explicit language and explicit violence, then no, they are not.

Inside Out is a movie about examining the inner workings of a human's mind and processing various feelings over the course of a cross-nation move for a little girl through the guise of colorful caricatures of emotions. Is THAT an adult movie? No. No it is not.
So, by your definition, anything that doesn't have explicit nudity, language, or violence, it's a kids movie? By that definition, Sleepless in Seattle, a romantic comedy dealing with a widowed father trying to get back into the dating world, is a kids movie.

Adult content is about the subject matter, not whether it has titties or guns. Even then, the subject matter is the key.

Reactions: SpecLurker
Apr 19, 2020
So, by your definition, anything that doesn't have explicit nudity, language, or violence, it's a kids movie? By that definition, Sleepless in Seattle, a romantic comedy dealing with a widowed father trying to get back into the dating world, is a kids movie.

Adult content is about the subject matter, not whether it has titties or guns. Even then, the subject matter is the key.
Calling a game an adult game, implies it has explicit content, and that kids shouldn't play it. In reality, games can have more mature themes but not solely be aimed at adults. The game in question has one or two mature themes, but not enough to be only for adults, it has no explicit content

Reactions: Josh Spicer

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I see the term "Adult" being loosely based on context. I wouldn't expect hardcore explicit sex in an "Adult Swim" cartoon or a Vertigo "adult" comic. But when I read "adult game" (specially in a F95 forum) my brain automatically expects something else.

In a plot twist: even the original Life is Strange could be classified as an "adult game"

4.50 star(s) 91 Votes