Ren'Py Lust & Piracy [v0.0.3.5] [RVNSN]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

RVNSN

Drunken Pirate Skirtchaser
Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
Lust & Piracy - Book One - Entrance of the Apprentices v 0.0.2.5 is now available for Powder Monkey ($2) and up tiers. Links and changelog are available at .

Will make this publicly available in one week.

RVNSN

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
Public release: is now freely available, along with the changelog.

Also available on the .

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: elymid and L3z1l3

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
" Femdom (some optional femdom for the mc is planned - although there may be some non-optional story required displays - this is not intended to a femdom focused game, the mc is a captain who should be in charge) "

If an optional tag is put on these, then why not put all the femdom scenes completely hidden. However, this is a pretty shitty fetish that makes a fuss here. A player who hates femdom doesn’t want to see a surprise force-femdom come on the screen. If it is hidden, then everything should be hidden. Same thing as NTR if it comes to the screen as a surprise even though it should be avoidable, then anger and rage will rise among the players. That's when you get to say goodbye to a large number of players. This femdom isn’t such a big crowd throwing out of the game, but still what the fucking point is to hide only part of it.

Personally, I’m not going to download this game just because here’s an unavoidable femdom.

RVNSN

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
" Femdom (some optional femdom for the mc is planned - although there may be some non-optional story required displays - this is not intended to a femdom focused game, the mc is a captain who should be in charge) "

If an optional tag is put on these, then why not put all the femdom scenes completely hidden. However, this is a pretty shitty fetish that makes a fuss here. A player who hates femdom doesn’t want to see a surprise force-femdom come on the screen. If it is hidden, then everything should be hidden. Same thing as NTR if it comes to the screen as a surprise even though it should be avoidable, then anger and rage will rise among the players. That's when you get to say goodbye to a large number of players. This femdom isn’t such a big crowd throwing out of the game, but still what the fucking point is to hide only part of it.

Personally, I’m not going to download this game just because here’s an unavoidable femdom.
As stated, the planned femdom is optional (and it is planned mainly for the logic it will encompass); IF any unavoidable displays of femdom happen, it will be for the purpose of the story setting, and won't likely be the MC on the sub end (I should make that more clear), so not something that is planned for real sex scenes but as part of the environment (eg visiting a sex club, meeting a female character who may be useful as an ally, or one who is an enemy).

Personally, I'm a little bit switch, but I'm not really all that into femdom myself, so my plans don't center around this fetish. I simply want to be clear that the story may contain some optional interactions, and it may show some dominant women who exist for the story, not necessarily as sexual partners.

Last edited:

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Pirates rebelling against a global government that oversees a slave trade, in a world where some people have seemingly-magical powers? I feel like I've heard this story before, but I can't quite put my finger-length nose on it...

RVNSN

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
Pirates rebelling against a global government that oversees a slave trade, in a world where some people have seemingly-magical powers? I feel like I've heard this story before, but I can't quite put my finger-length nose on it...
I get your reference here, and there's 2 parts (make it 4) to this:
1. Existing content has zero influence from One Piece. [edit: the existing story content of this release was all there for some time before xmas]
2. I started [binge] watching One Piece for the first time over this past xmas without knowing anything about it other than it being a popular anime with a pirate theme (am in the 700s now but have been playing the episodes while working on things and going to sleep, so have been missing many details); you can expect to see some intentional references to One Piece in future versions (and whether it will be intentional or not, it will probably end up influencing my work to some extent).
3. The similarities you're seeing (some of which you might also see in other anime like Dragon Ball) are more likely due to my work and their work both being influenced by ancient mythology, mystery schools, and mysticism, along with the universal similarities of all of the ancient spiritual systems of the world. And some old pirate stories, of course.
4. The global government as an enemy and overseeing a slave trade was initially a decision I made to justify the protagonists being "good guys". And I like the aspect of some of the real life old pirates who would attack slave ships and free the slaves. Some of the pirates from that golden age were actually good, some bad, whereas nowadays the real world pirates seem to pretty much all be bad (but I would love to have people post links to information that disputes this view of today's pirates).

Now, since I have gotten into One Piece, I absolutely love it, will need to be mindful of not letting it influence my story too much (the characters are so awesome you'd love to have them in your own crew - and there will need to be crew members with certain specialties), and find it difficult to image a more amazing pirate story. Different yes, also amazing yes, but IMO One Piece is absolutely brilliant. Because it is strongly influenced by the same ancient concepts that also strongly influence Lust & Piracy, there will undoubtedly be other similarities which arise that would be there even if I had never started to watch the show. For example, the One Piece (the item itself that is the goal of the show) is the Holy Grail, the Philosopher's Stone, etc (the ancient, symbolic items of alchemy, hermeticism, etc). But if you see something in the future that makes you wonder if I "borrowed" it from One Piece, feel free to ask, and I'll be happy to tell you the reasoning behind it (with the exception of important spoilers), and/or if it's something I couldn't resist borrowing. Whether it's One Piece, Shakespeare, Chaucer, Boccaccio, The Bible, etc, I have never seen a fictional story written in the last few thousand years that is without a more ancient one that did it first (some stories of historical events are honest and therefore somewhat unique, though many are also embellished with aspects of more ancient lore). Some of the work of Shakespeare and Chaucer are direct ripoffs, where they simply took an entire story by an older author and repackaged them for the audience (easy for them at the time since most people were not able to acquire or read the older writings themselves). There is a saying that there has not been a genuinely novel work of fiction for thousands of years, and the more you dig the more it seems to be true.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
I guess this is more or less a kinetic novel?

Seems like if you don't stay precisely on the rails, you get hit with a game over. I honestly don't mind going along with the author's vision, but the constant fake choices and game over screens are hecking annoying.

RVNSN

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
I guess this is more or less a kinetic novel?

Seems like if you don't stay precisely on the rails, you get hit with a game over. I honestly don't mind going along with the author's vision, but the constant fake choices and game over screens are hecking annoying.
Those were included early on, and IF I include any more game over failures like that will make a point to not do so in a way that would piss me off if I were the player (have been thinking about this). My actual plan is for your choices to affect different things, creating some differences in story segments and relationships. One of the big thoughts I've had are things that make the player go more "light side" or "dark side", but I need to hash that idea around in my head more before really including it, especially as it would play a part in the availabilty of multiple endings - and I need to plan that correctly to flow into the next book (the overall story has 3 primary segments, each encapsulating their own main story).

But in the beginning I thought it would be fun and amusing to have the bad choice game over failures, but I'm more on your side of that now, and agree that it would just be annoying to keep running into them. It's not like a realtime render engine game like Tomb Raider, where if you f#$k up it reloads so you can just do a better job within the available reaction time.

Thank you for saying something, it definitely adds weight to my decision to either keep or scrap that aspect. I am more interested in allowing the player to develop certain aspects as they choose rather than making them game over fail. That said, there will still likely need to be some places where it could lead to a game over failure, such as combat scenarios (or provide an option to skip choices). But no, I hear you on this, and I feel what you mean, and I prefer to offer you more choices that can shape the experience, not funnel you into what is essentially a choiceless story that makes the available choices superfluous.

Reactions: Vasy

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
How do you "Set Sail" to meet the girls ?

Edit: Nevermind, you have to wait to day 14, my bad.

Last edited:

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
Renders/Artwork are nice.
Animation is smooth.
Storyline is very good.
Bad endings/game over, don`t mind them at all, weirdly it reminded me of the sharks Lagoon bad endings in his games, which like this game, the bad endings are pretty good also.
With content like an old God, mythical beings, that opens the door for the girls having sex with a range of mythical beings or mythical animals also lol, if its mythical its not bestiality.
I would like more options to explore the island and its other caves, but other than that, game has a ton of promise and could be eventually a great game.
Well done Dev.

RVNSN

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
Renders/Artwork are nice.
Animation is smooth.
Storyline is very good.
Bad endings/game over, don`t mind them at all, weirdly it reminded me of the sharks Lagoon bad endings in his games, which like this game, the bad endings are pretty good also.
With content like an old God, mythical beings, that opens the door for the girls having sex with a range of mythical beings or mythical animals also lol, if its mythical its not bestiality.
I would like more options to explore the island and its other caves, but other than that, game has a ton of promise and could be eventually a great game.
Well done Dev.
Thank you kindly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: brittC25

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
As stated, the planned femdom is optional (and it is planned mainly for the logic it will encompass); IF any unavoidable displays of femdom happen, it will be for the purpose of the story setting, and won't likely be the MC on the sub end (I should make that more clear), so not something that is planned for real sex scenes but as part of the environment (eg visiting a sex club, meeting a female character who may be useful as an ally, or one who is an enemy).

Personally, I'm a little bit switch, but I'm not really all that into femdom myself, so my plans don't center around this fetish. I simply want to be clear that the story may contain some optional interactions, and it may show some dominant women who exist for the story, not necessarily as sexual partners.
Anyway, I actually put all the femdom down. I just can’t stand that kind of behavior then it happened anywhere. So I still hold my opinion that why not remove all the femdom then, once it is possible in certain situations. Example: If an NTR is removed from games, it will not be removed only partially. This "careless" doesn't entice me to play at all. It is always either ON / OFF not in between. But this conversation is over now and I’m out.

altmas66

May 4, 2020
Thank you kindly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
PLease man, if u put ntr fine (i hate it), but please, please, please, create options to prevent it from happening. Don't make it forced...its a nice game. I would be sad to play it now so that in the future I have to stop playing it because the ntr it can't be prevented. i love your game Dev! the best to u

RVNSN

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2019
PLease man, if u put ntr fine (i hate it), but please, please, please, create options to prevent it from happening. Don't make it forced...its a nice game. I would be sad to play it now so that in the future I have to stop playing it because the ntr it can't be prevented. i love your game Dev! the best to u
Thank you, and you don't need to worry. I have zero plans and zero desire to have the love interests hook up with other characters (except for other females who are also options for the MC's lovers) - the girls won't be cheating on the MC, the MC will not be offering them to other guys like sharing a bottle of whiskey.

I was considering having prostitutes available at some points/places - this was an earlier idea, and there are much more important character relationships to present, not sure if I am going to do this, or if I still want to, but if so, it will be optional.

The one more likely possibility is giving the MC the option to become sexually/romantically involved with a higher being who (at least technically in the real world mythologies) has a significant other.

I welcome the feedback on any of these possibilities, and I will certainly consider such player feelings in my decisions. Ultimately, I am going to create this the way it speaks to me, but I am still interested in and care about how the players feel.

Regarding NTR and other sexual situations, based on some developer discussions I've read, the perception of it really being a part of game can vary from whether it involves the MC, whether it is optional, whether it happens at all with other characters who have absolutely no intimate connection to the MC, or any other scenario I am failing to think of. Please feel free to clarify your perspective on any of these areas, as I would love to have a better insight into how players perceive the various possibilities, especially as they relate to what I create.

But on the simpler side of things, I have absolutely no plans on any of the MC's love interests cheating on him, nor for the MC to offer them up like candy to someone else. The closest possibility of NTR that involves the MC is having the option of being with a woman who has a significant other, is not a "fall in love" love interest, and/or is a higher being.

I realize that some situations are very disliked by some people. For example, a couple of posts back when someone opted out of playing L&P because the story may very well show some level of femdom, even though it does not involve the MC, and wouldn't actually be a sex scene but part of the surroundings or an important part of a character the MC may meet. I do plan to include optional femdom involving the MC, but it is not a priority at this point, nor is this game meant to be a femdom focused game.

There will certainly be displays of tragic events (and I might consider giving a warning and option to skip viewing them, as I've seen done in The Deluca Family), but I have no interest in the MC's significant others sneaking around on him, nor in him offering them like they mean nothing to him.

Edit: I am not always on discord, but I do check in frequently, and it is a good place more detailed back and forth discussions of things if you like. Still happy to answer questions, concerns, whatnot here, but just wanted to mention the discord option if you are interested in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: altmas66

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
to become sexually/romantically involved with a higher being who (at least technically in the real world mythologies) has a significant other.
Ah, Rán, that spicy minx. I mean, maybe it doesn't end up being her, but I definitely wouldn't mind. :love:
There will certainly be displays of tragic events (and I might consider giving a warning and option to skip viewing them, as I've seen done in The Deluca Family), but I have no interest in the MC's significant others sneaking around on him, nor in him offering them like they mean nothing to him.
You, good sir, have excellent taste (both in other games you play and in what you've put in this game so far).

• Red Heart
Reactions: RVNSN
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes