Team Cactus

Cactus
Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
I'm talking about a computer. As far as I remember, the first version went without problems, so I ask if you need additional drivers (changed the engine or something). still such a problem with PANACEA Z
Can you provide more information about what kind of slowdown you get? Is it slow in menus, in combat, in map transitions?
And what kind of slowdown? Is it just lag, or more like screen freezing or like the game is in slow motion in general?

vano27

Jun 20, 2019
Can you provide more information about what kind of slowdown you get? Is it slow in menus, in combat, in map transitions?
And what kind of slowdown? Is it just lag, or more like screen freezing or like the game is in slow motion in general?
the game itself is simple. well, that is, from the opening of the game to the appearance of the menu, it takes 5-10 minutes, and the game itself slows down

vano27

Jun 20, 2019
all is well i found the problem)

vano27

Jun 20, 2019
"Still, we try to stay away from many cliches of the genre, like mindless grind, needless battle systems or lack of any meaningful events."

YES! DEFINITELY! YOU ARE %100 RIGHT! THIS GAME HAS NO MINDLESS GRIND OR NEEDLESS BATTLE SYSTEMS!!

How the actual fuck you expect players to beat this mindless horde of Bandits with only 8-12 bullets each stage with an AI that is better than a Lionel Messi right there. Everytime you try to attack with a Blade they are like nope you cant hit me and hits me back. I'm not even talking about the Health Bar here???? Why my health bar stays the same instead of replenishing???? WHAT?

Stop lying to everyone's faces at least. How is this not a needless battle? There is so many bandits, so few bullets, no replenishing health bar between stages. At least let me just speed run and get to the next map even if I'm seen by the bandits. Why can't we get more Bullets between stages? I'm a Witch Hunter, I have a Rifle but I go to fight against bandits with NO BULLETS. Yep, totally fine. I'm going to avenge my Master by going to the Bandits Forts with no Bullets. Yep, nothing wrong here.
I don’t know I have enough bullets. I come up from the back, make a blow, run away and finish off by shooting, or let me come up and hit and abruptly leave so that the mob does not have time to attack

vano27

Jun 20, 2019
Did you manage to fix it? I'm experiencing the same thing.
I don't know how much the same, but I had a problem with the antivirus (it just scans the game without stopping, you just go to the folder), you need to add it to the exceptions

Team Cactus

Cactus
Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
"Still, we try to stay away from many cliches of the genre, like mindless grind, needless battle systems or lack of any meaningful events."

YES! DEFINITELY! YOU ARE %100 RIGHT! THIS GAME HAS NO MINDLESS GRIND OR NEEDLESS BATTLE SYSTEMS!!

How the actual fuck you expect players to beat this mindless horde of Bandits with only 8-12 bullets each stage with an AI that is better than a Lionel Messi right there. Everytime you try to attack with a Blade they are like nope you cant hit me and hits me back. I'm not even talking about the Health Bar here???? Why my health bar stays the same instead of replenishing???? WHAT?

Stop lying to everyone's faces at least. How is this not a needless battle? There is so many bandits, so few bullets, no replenishing health bar between stages. At least let me just speed run and get to the next map even if I'm seen by the bandits. Why can't we get more Bullets between stages? I'm a Witch Hunter, I have a Rifle but I go to fight against bandits with NO BULLETS. Yep, totally fine. I'm going to avenge my Master by going to the Bandits Forts with no Bullets. Yep, nothing wrong here.
I'm more than happy to see valuable feedback from players, even in such emotional way. We are not professional full-time developers and balancing is an integral part of any development cycle. This update was the first draft of combat system and I wholeheartedly agree that it needs more love to make it more enjoyable. We already implemented easy mode and many smaller tweaks to combat in the upcoming version of the game, along with other quality of life additions, so your feedback was heard.

Still, I'm sad to see that you have to resort to insulting developers to get their attention, but I'm not the one to judge people on the internet. If you have more ideas or feedback - please don't be shy to tell us here or in our Discord channel, just try to do that in more civilized manner if you can. I understand your frustration, I hope next update will help you change your mind on this matter. Still, thank you for speaking up your opinion, I appreciate every bit of it, apart from insults.

HypnoFan1950

Jul 26, 2018
How much of the content in this is beastiality/monster oriented? I'm not into either of those things at all, so I'm wondering if this game is still worth playing for me.

Team Cactus

Cactus
Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
How much of the content in this is beastiality/monster oriented? I'm not into either of those things at all, so I'm wondering if this game is still worth playing for me.
We try to balance it out, I'd say it's 65/35 in favor on human interactions. And majority, if not all scenes are skippable.

Reactions: HypnoFan1950

PRchris13

Aug 4, 2018
i know it is rude to say this... does anyone has a save reaching the end off chapter 3? ive been restarting from square 1 like 3 times since each update does not load old saves

damnmang

Oct 30, 2017
I do hate to say it, and I appreciate the game being self contained, but I think the traditional method of saving files that we can access for archiving or whatever is a better approach than the limited inaccessbile saves this game povides.

daymaNDota

Oct 16, 2018
Now I noticed when I finished this it said, this is the end of the chapter. The title of the thread implies multiple chapters? I'm not sure if I've completed what I have or not.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is there more to this?

Team Cactus

Cactus
Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
i know it is rude to say this... does anyone has a save reaching the end off chapter 3? ive been restarting from square 1 like 3 times since each update does not load old saves
From what I remember the current version supports older saves with little to no problems. But for cases like this next update is going to have option to start from the beginning of the new content to avoid replaying again and again just in case.

I do hate to say it, and I appreciate the game being self contained, but I think the traditional method of saving files that we can access for archiving or whatever is a better approach than the limited inaccessbile saves this game povides.
You still can archive and relocate your saves, they are just stored in a... less accessible location and I can't do much about it I'm afraid. The full path to the save folder in Windows is AppData\Local\User Data\Default\Malleus Maleficarum

Now I noticed when I finished this it said, this is the end of the chapter. The title of the thread implies multiple chapters? I'm not sure if I've completed what I have or not.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is there more to this?
This is the end of current content, but next update is going to be released this month, so there's more to come quite soon. Currently chapter separation is not implemented in the game itself, but it's going to be at some point in the future.

Reactions: damnmang
D

Deleted member 914647

Wonderful game with huge potential!
I gathered all the team members, and after the team discussion when I want to leave the area I get a sudden game over with death. Is this the end of chapter 4 or am I dealing with a bug?

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
Wonderful game with huge potential!
I gathered all the team members, and after the team discussion when I want to leave the area I get a sudden game over with death. Is this the end of chapter 4 or am I dealing with a bug?
I had the same thing, then I used a potion to heal and it went fine. Dunno why, but being low on health at this point grants you a game over.

D

Deleted member 914647

I had the same thing, then I used a potion to heal and it went fine. Dunno why, but being low on health at this point grants you a game over.
Thank you!
I could proceed forward. Though now I am at that hose where there are a lot of men and I just run through them but now I can't enter into the area at the end where the arrows point. Do you need to kill everybody there or it is just another bug? I just tried the 5th times already.

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
Thank you!
I could proceed forward. Though now I am at that hose where there are a lot of men and I just run through them but now I can't enter into the area at the end where the arrows point. Do you need to kill everybody there or it is just another bug? I just tried the 5th times already.
Yep, you have to kill everyone, which is tedious but not that hard if you take it slowly and aggro them one by one. It might also get some change from the devs later on, given how people weren't happy with those segments.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes