Team Cactus

Cactus
Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
I think the dev is going to have to abandon the idea of the game running as an exe if it's tripping up antivirus programs. Even if it is a false positive I'm not risking my computer for the sake of it. Repackaging the game so it doesn't create a false positive would be great.
You're talking about the "dev" like he's not sitting in the same thread next to you :cool:.
But I'm currently working on this issue, experimenting with different ways to approach the problem.
The hotfix version I'm working on right now is already causing less fuzz according to VirusScan.

have anyone save after chasing shadows mission? i cant pass it
If you're having issues with the difficulty - it's going to be tweaked in the hotfix, making combat less frustrating and more consistent.

Reactions: damnmang

ralchemilla

Jul 21, 2020
i just started playing and really love pacing of the story so far (still in chapter 1), i wonder how many chapters would there be for the finished product? or.. perhaps a steam release as an alternative to support the developers other than patreon pledges?

Team Cactus

Cactus
Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
i just started playing and really love pacing of the story so far (still in chapter 1), i wonder how many chapters would there be for the finished product? or.. perhaps a steam release as an alternative to support the developers other than patreon pledges?
There is no real "chapter" separation, "Chapter 4" is just a fancy way to say "version 0.4". While we have plenty of ideas for future updates, there are no current plans to actually sell the game, in steam or other places. It's free, with Patreon early access just acting like a playtest to catch bugs before public release.

Reactions: ralchemilla

SatanicMilf

Jan 2, 2019
Warhammer Fantasy - and here I got latest edition of Warhammer Fantasy tabletop game for birthday. Have to take a look in to this.

omgund

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Dev, hope you don't mind if I say some things.
Great build first of all so thx for that!
Some issues I encountered were with the combat system (IK you've addressed them but here's my experience),
It doesn't allow me to go through to the next place with enemies on my tail (In the new combat arena/maze) once I've reached the end. Now if this were the immediate enemies I could understand but in 2 diff mazes/arenas I had to walk back quite far and kill some of them so I could pass through. So, I hope you're gonna fix that I'm sure it's just an oversight.
Next can you increase the no of saves from 10 to 20 or 25 if possible cause I wanted to save before a few scenes but couldn't cause I had used up all 10.... or add a gallery cause that would make it just that more convenient (whenever you can tho no pressure since I'm not a patron but would support if I could).
Anyways man, like I said before, great build with loads of new content! Keep it up.

Team Cactus

Cactus
Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
It doesn't allow me to go through to the next place with enemies on my tail (In the new combat arena/maze) once I've reached the end. Now if this were the immediate enemies I could understand but in 2 diff mazes/arenas I had to walk back quite far and kill some of them so I could pass through. So, I hope you're gonna fix that I'm sure it's just an oversight.
I'll tweak the enemy alert value so they don't chase you for half the level, alright.
Hey Dev, hope you don't mind if I say some things.
Great build first of all so thx for that!
Next can you increase the no of saves from 10 to 20 or 25 if possible cause I wanted to save before a few scenes but couldn't cause I had used up all 10.... or add a gallery cause that would make it just that more convenient (whenever you can tho no pressure since I'm not a patron but would support if I could).
There's actually a gallery once you beat the current content, with every CG scene in it. And my friend, you don't have to be Patron to provide valuable feedback. Thank you.

Reactions: omgund and Mram.99

korko

May 30, 2017
Anybody knows how to cheat this game? Cheat engine seems not working on this one.Combat still annoying and inside the dungeon start all over again after death is very annoying

Mar 7, 2020
Anyone else get a trojan horse worm when they tried playing the game? Like i launched once than it kept giving me an error and a trojan horse worm each time i launched it.

Team Cactus

Cactus
Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Anyone else get a trojan horse worm when they tried playing the game? Like i launched once than it kept giving me an error and a trojan horse worm each time i launched it.
This is a known issue, it happens because of exe compression I use. Many games actually have issues with it, like in this . I can't do anything about it.
Here's a scan of the exe, just in case you don't trust me., which is completely fair and understandable.
But I'm currently working on this issue, experimenting with different ways to approach the problem.
The hotfix version I'm working on right now is already causing less fuzz according to VirusScan.

joncik

May 7, 2017
two things
1. Theres no beast tamer scene in gallery
2. minimizing screen after losing is a little annoying

Keen to see more bestiality, great game btw

atahaa

Jan 18, 2018
Here's a scan of the exe, just in case you don't trust me., which is completely fair and understandable.
Simple, don't use a packer. Looking at the .enigma1 section of the executable I can see the contents of the game dir are all archived there and not even compressed. So what's the point?

If you want to reduce the total size then use a better compression method for the assets, don't use a packer. Packers are for reducing *code* size and obfuscating control flow (this is why a lot of av programs flag them) to prevent reverse engineering.

dasLeif666

Sep 28, 2017
the battle systems needs some serious work like you can only attack the tile directly in front of you but the AI can some times hit you two tiles away with meele weapons or even from tiles that are diagonal from you.
that is when the controlls decide to responde

tardford

Feb 26, 2019
Is there a guide. Pretty linear game just dont wanna miss anyhting/also do you ever see the blue demoness from the basement mansion again?

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
Is there a guide. Pretty linear game just dont wanna miss anyhting/also do you ever see the blue demoness from the basement mansion again?
No need for guide, all scenes are either mandatory or the game tells you you still have things to see. As for the demoness, no, not yet.

Last edited:

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
why some games, including this one, are very slow?
Do you mean they run slow on your computer or that the update rate is slower than you'd like?

If it's about your computer, it could be because they're not optimized or that your computer is older. If it's about the updates, it all depends on how many people are working on the project and how much time they have. A single person working in their spare time won't be able to post updates as often as a full team working on a game 40 hours a week.

vano27

Jun 20, 2019
Do you mean they run slow on your computer or that the update rate is slower than you'd like?

If it's about your computer, it could be because they're not optimized or that your computer is older. If it's about the updates, it all depends on how many people are working on the project and how much time they have. A single person working in their spare time won't be able to post updates as often as a full team working on a game 40 hours a week.
I'm talking about a computer. As far as I remember, the first version went without problems, so I ask if you need additional drivers (changed the engine or something). still such a problem with PANACEA Z

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I'm talking about a computer. As far as I remember, the first version went without problems, so I ask if you need additional drivers (changed the engine or something). still such a problem with PANACEA Z
Sadly computers aren't my area of expertise, so I won't be able to help with the specifics. My answer was more to give a general reason why some games run slower than others based on information I've read in various threads.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes