spas

Jun 22, 2017
I humbly offer you two pieces of advice:
1) If you're not sure about something so serious, go find help. See a professional and get treatment if you really need it. Those feelings you described are preventing you from advancing in your life and I take it that you are really young. Lots of good stuff are in store for you but take the bull by the horns first.

2) Don't believe everything he says. Most of the things we write here are said tongue in cheek, and of course we don't intend to offend people with mental issues, or other devs who have said to be sick. Similarly, some devs have lost loved ones and people have been understanding when they went missing for some months. The thing is that we don't believe Icstor's issues any more. He is making A LOT of money. A LOT. And I mean A LOT. Far more than devs with insultingly better games. He makes every month more than a person in my country would make in a whole year earning an average salary, and I live in western Europe.

If you have similar problems in real life, you normally stop working and get welfare benefits (if you are in a civilized country) until you have recovered but you don't stay in bed demanding that your clients/customers still pay you every month for doing nothing. Yes, Icstor's patrons are his costumers because they pay him to develop a game and only those who pay (in theory) have access to this product. It is different from when you are an artist, a youtuber, a social polemicist, and ask for support to keep on doing what you do but your content is accesible to everyone. In that case people who freely financially support you are a "patron of the arts". But with regard to Icstor, that's not the case. He offered a product for those who pay him, he made promises that he never kept (fully animated scenes when...?) and he keeps stringing along a solid fanbase clouded by that magical word, incest.
The game is increasingly bad. The last update was absolute shit compared to the previous ones and to some other games on this site.
Well the mother love had lost family member and pause the patreon in same day as he stop working so i m 100% with you man I supported him for 2 3 years and feel like ass doing it

Reactions: Aristos

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
As someone who (probably) also has mental health issues, it hits a bit close to home when I see people on here rip on him about it. There's been many weeks (and a few times where that stretched to a month or more) that my own had me where I couldn't even talk to my own family -- the ones that when I'm not having issues I talk to daily.

So, yeah... "bedridden" might be what he publically released thru a contact he felt comfortable slightly opening up to, but it's more-than-likely much deeper than that. And he doesn't owe anyone anything. Especially those of us in the non-paying-supporter camp. His own demons are (speaking from experience) fighting his will to live on a daily basis. Coming onto a forum filled with nothing but hate from people crying about delays isn't helpful.

Personally I'm OK with him taking as much time as he needs -- regardless of whether he gives a new "guess" at when he "might" be able to get it done... Mental health isn't predictable, you might think you're getting better, but see, hear, or smell something 30-seconds after you give a date that throws another 2-3 week recovery in the way. The mind is not a bone: it's not gonna heal on a set time scale.

Once I get my own issues in order enough to find a job so I can get my finances built up again, I'd probably be OK supporting this guy, simply because of what I've read & seen in the (what page is this now) 2083 pages on here.

No one's world is gonna end, but 200 users on here will act like theirs did, when the 31st comes and goes without even a single message from ICSTOR. What are they gonna do when their vile hate causes him to kill himself and there never will be another update or message? Heck, that could have already happened for all we know.
Mental health stops being an excuse when you throw it out as often as ISCTOR does. He's "bedridden", still puling in tens of thousands of dollars a month, isn't offering to stop taking payment while he's not working, and spent most of last year delaying, delaying, delaying. I have mental health issues, I've been through bouts of depression, I've contemplated suicide, but I get up every day, I put my work boots on, and I deal with a bunch of coarse, unpleasant people for eight hours a day, five days a week, 52 weeks a year. Mental health is not an excuse and ISCTOR is using it as one while still reaping the rewards of his patreon.

Reactions: Big-T

dirtythiccboi

Aug 7, 2019
To be fair, shitting on pirates' faces is paert of pirate territory, can't blame ICSTOR for that. On supporters' faces, that's a different story.

But pirates - grab what they can, and have to take whatever comes to them. Like ... spit in the wind. You can't be a pirate and call foul.
At this point the people paying him a combined 20k a year for 1 whole update in an entire year (that wasn't even completed) are the morons that should be made fun of at this point. Like you can't even diss pirates for pirating when you're essentially giving someone free money, then believing every lie that person tells you. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that half of his supporters were in or currently are in cults that drain your money.

panzermaster

Mar 6, 2018
I am probably going to get tons of backlash for this, but here we go :

Icstor is far from being above criticsm but here is the thing,

Anyone here who complains about him not releasing an update while not paying a cent to him does not have much room to complain about the lack of content for milfy city. We are not even suppose to be getting this content in the first place, it's already good that we get to play this game without paying a dime and get something. Icstor created this content with time and work and never intended anyone to get it for free. even if you would argue he is lazy and iresponsible these days, it does not change the fact that getting milfy city for free in the first place is already a big gift from the internet.

Icstor owe nothing to the people that are not his patreon supporter, we are having this content illegally and againt his will. Now we may have plenty of good reason to not give him money, perhaps some of us don't have big revenue for exemple. BUT, if you are complaining about the fact that you are not having free content, and you think that morally speaking you are in the right and ICstor is in the wrong because you are not getting an update soon enough. Sorry that is not how it works.

Now all of that said, as mentionned before, that does not mean that Icstor cannot be criticized for his lack of communication, his release date that cannot be trusted, or his huge time to release a small update, etc. Icstor do have responsabilities towards his supporters, and any patreon invester would have tons of room to complain about icstor commitment to this game. By the way, if anyone of you were previously a patreon suporter for a long period of time and no longer are due to Icstor lack of work, it's not the same thing as someone who never paid anything and thinks he should get something from a creator. The cases are completely different.

But let's face it, lots of the people who are complaining about the lack of updates (not 100% of them but many) are doing it because they are not getting the content that they want to have. It's not really a crusades for his supporters on patreon, heck there are people here who mock them for paying him, and while Icstor behavior is far from being responsible towards them. If there was no patreon supporter to Icstor, you would not get any content AT ALL. It's thanks to them that you have a game like milfy city in the first place. And the people who do not pay would still have his content for free even if Icstor acted responsibly towards his supporters

Anyone who did not pay anything for milfy city don't have any moral high ground to complain about incoming updates that are not coming.

Last edited:

panzermaster

Mar 6, 2018
I'm a patron
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But, if there are no updates, why pay for air?
As I said previously, if you are indeed a supporter that gives him money. You have plenty of room to criticize the guy, Icstor is far from being above legit critcism. But that extends to the people that actually pay for the content.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018

Anyone here who complains about him not releasing an update while not paying a cent to him does not have much room to complain about the lack of content for milfy city. We are not even suppose to be getting this content in the first place, it's already good that we get to play this game without paying a dime and get something. Icstor created this content with time and work and never intended anyone to get it for free. even if you would argue he is lazy and iresponsible these days, it does not change the fact that getting milfy city for free in the first place is already a big gift from the internet.

Icstor owe nothing to the people that are not his patreon supporter, we are having this content illegally and againt his will. Now we may have plenty of good reason to not give him money, perhaps some of us don't have big revenue for exemple. BUT, if you are complaining about the fact that you are not having free content, and you think that morally speaking you are in the right and ICstor is in the wrong because you are not getting an update soon enough. Sorry that is not how it works.

Now all of that said, as mentionned before, that does not mean that Icstor cannot be criticized for his lack of communication, his release date that cannot be trusted, or his huge time to release a small update, etc. Icstor do have responsabilities towards his supporters, and any patreon invester would have tons of room to complain about icstor commitment to this game.

But let's face it, lots of the people who are complaining about the lack of updates (not 100% of them but many) are doing it because they are not getting the content that they want to have. It's not really a crusades for his supporters on patreon, heck there are people here who mock them for paying him, and while Icstor behavior is far from being responsible towards them. If there was no patreon supporter to Icstor, you would not get any content AT ALL. It's thanks to them that you have a game like milfy city in the first place. And the people who do not pay would still have his content for free even if Icstor acted responsibly towards his supporters

Anyone who did not pay anything for milfy city don't have any moral high ground to complain about incoming updates that are not coming.
Piracy is not bad, it's the BEST way to advertise your game/music whatever. I had no clue about this game if it wasn't for this site and for free. I tried it out and became his patron. I guess 90% of his patrons comes from this site, so stop the bullshit.

On the other hand I stopped beeing his patron because I don't wanna support compulsive liars who are full of themselves.

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017

Now all of that said, as mentionned before, that does not mean that Icstor cannot be criticized for his lack of communication, his release date that cannot be trusted, or his huge time to release a small update, etc. Icstor do have responsabilities towards his supporters, and any patreon invester would have tons of room to complain about icstor commitment to this game.

No offence but what you stated in your post has been said on numerous occasions, and is often met with derisory comments.

It's all well and good that people are his Patrons, I've "been there bought the T-shirt, ate the pie, and read the book, seen the film... yadayadayada.." as have quite a few other people on here, but I withdrew payment until the next version was available, well I did so until recently (Nov 2019) and I can't see myself paying him again, ever, due to his constant lack of contact and responses, even on Discord. So the way he "acts" would seem to be more like apathy towards his Patrons, or so it would appear, due to his rather severe lack of communications with (us) them.
He has even said that he's now not going to comment on any more updates and stated that the game is "out when it's out" and basically flicking the "V's at everyone, including his Patrons, and as such is saying "Fuck you all, I'll put the next update out at my own pace, and when I feel like working on it!"

That's not really the way to garner support and respect for himself now is it, hence the wrath that is constantly piled on him.
Let's face communications isn't his forté. He even admits he doesn't keep it touch or keep people up to date.
So people will rant and rage, on here and elsewhere, even if they're getting the game free.

panzermaster

Mar 6, 2018
Piracy is not bad, it's the BEST way to advertise your game/music whatever. I had no clue about this game if it wasn't for this site and for free. I tried it out and became his patron. I guess 90% of his patrons comes from this site, so stop the bullshit.

On the other hand I stopped beeing his patron because I don't wanna support compulsive liars who are full of themselves.
I cannot stop what I did not started, I never said that sites like these cannot give publicity creator, but that is an indirect effect of piracy and most of the people on this site do not pay a cent to any creators. It just happen that a minority of them decide to use their wallets to support him. The majority still don't, and the majority still would never even think about giving him a bit of money, even if the creator was more responsible.

It does not change the fact that many think Icstor owe them something, that they believe they should get something when they never gave anything in return. An indirect good effect of piracy for the creators does not change my point. Many still benefit from getting his content without paying anything against the creator's will, yet believe they have the moral high ground when they receive nothing from Him.

Tons of People would still pirate him the same way even if Icstor was great at communicating with his supporters and gave update regularly. Many people would have that illusion of relationship with Icstor from and believe that they should get anything even when they are getting content for free.

P.S

I edited my previous comment a bit due to the misunderstanding it caused.

Reactions: Raven Hex

panzermaster

Mar 6, 2018
No offence but what you stated in your post has been said on numerous occasions, and is often met with derisory comments.

It's all well and good that people are his Patrons, I've "been there bought the T-shirt, ate the pie, and read the book, seen the film... yadayadayada.." as have quite a few other people on here, but I withdrew payment until the next version was available, well I did so until recently (Nov 2019) and I can't see myself paying him again, ever, due to his constant lack of contact and responses, even on Discord. So the way he "acts" would seem to be more like apathy towards his Patrons, or so it would appear, due to his rather severe lack of communications with (us) them.
He has even said that he's now not going to comment on any more updates and stated that the game is "out when it's out" and basically flicking the "V's at everyone, including his Patrons, and as such is saying "Fuck you all, I'll put the next update out at my own pace, and when I feel like working on it!"

That's not really the way to garner support and respect for himself now is it, hence the wrath that is constantly piled on him.
Let's face communications isn't his forté. He even admits he doesn't keep it touch or keep people up to date.
So people will rant and rage, on here and elsewhere, even if they're getting the game free.
As I said before, I never pretended he is good at communication, he is actually terrible at it, he does not do it enough and when he does it, it's not great . But let's say someone never paid a cent to Icstor (not a previous LONG time patreon supporter, those are different stories), why should anyone feel sorry for them if they are not getting the content? Or even being frustrated about not knowing much about the new update?

Where do they have a moral high ground to complain about him? It's already a privilege we are getting the content in the first place for free, when we are not even suppose to get it. That is what I am talking about.

PS

I edited my old comments a little bit as I realized it caused misunderstanding

3.70 star(s) 410 Votes