ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
Since posting, I've finished the game. I didn't have a save from the exact time I encountered the issue with Celia not being at the entrance, unfortunately, but I did load one from about an hour before that and played through just the Celia steps (which was not the way I was playing at the time, I was doing various characters) and this time it played just fine, with no glitched Celia. However, I did create a save file at the point when I had two Celia's in the same room from right after the game finally let me advance through Celia's plot (the double Celia did not happen to me again when I advanced through her plot again just now), so I uploaded that save to Google Drive if you want to take a look, maybe that could provide you some insight I hope.

Anyway, thanks again for trying to help. Here's the double Celia glitched save: Google Drive

Also, I'm playing on PC for those wanting to know, with the patch and Lain's mod.
(y) OK, I'll do that later when I'm back home, hopefully this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up with the problems anyways. I'll run it through both versions and see what happens when I play it and I'll get back to you later on. Can't promise an instant response as I'm somewhat busy at work as events, globally, have an impact on my work and as such it affects my time online.

Reactions: timotefiru

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
b)About what it is off topic. In the thread you are suppose to discuss the GAME (full stop): what do you like about it, what not. Discussion about future developments, what do you like to see in it. You can discuss the story and the gameplay. You can discuss bugs/possible solution, tips.
Exactly. That's what we discuss and we get slammed for it. A side issue is your "off topic" reason which is why the game is delayed, and it includes what we like and don't like about it, as well as future developments. If people theorise about delays etc surely it's therefore reasonable to discuss the reasons why. People on here are also on Discord as Mod's hence the comments
vis-a-vis what occurs on here.

You may as well go through every single page on this thread and delete any, and all, posts that don't meet your criteria then you'll be deleting 100's, if not 1000's of posts, that are of that ilk.

You'll have also no doubt read that people are going to the "off topic" thread to discuss the game, where they're discussing the game and it's relevant issues and what they like/dislike
So am I now off topic, by responding to your post with regards to the game?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I was originally going to say "Point taken" but then you attack my character so here's a response
When I said "a good track record" what I meant was that he's got a few completed titles. Quality and actual intent are different things and they shouldn't be.
Don't make suppositions about my character.
White Knighting wasn't my intent though it may have indeed appeared that way and I realise it was really unfair of me to tar everybody with the same brush. For that, I apologise.
Bear in mind that I not only applauded him for what he's already done but criticised what I felt were shortcomings in his approach. Criticised, not flamed.
His seeming lack of a road map and actual unwillingness to communicate are what's ultimately going to hurt him in the end.
Fan backlash really hit a point when started polling his patrons which lead to Caroline getting two updates while nobody else saw any new content. That upset me -and others- greatly. It showed me that he doesn't care about his other characters, just the one that keeps the largest number of fans happy. It would have kept EVERYONE happy if he stuck to his original plans. I wonder if he's learned anything from the backlash.
Some things he's done well and some things not so well. And some things were utter garbage, like the Twins scenario. That was an example of why polling the patrons hardly ever works out for the best.
Like you, I hope 0.7 not only happens but has a significant amount of content to make up for recent deficits. Sara's my favourite too.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
When I said "a good track record" what I meant was that he's got a few completed titles. Quality and actual intent are different things and they shouldn't be.
Don't make suppositions about my character.
White Knighting wasn't my intent though it may have indeed appeared that way and I realise it was really unfair of me to tar everybody with the same brush. For that, I apologise.
Bear in mind that I not only applauded him for what he's already done but criticised what I felt were shortcomings in his approach. Criticised, not flamed.
His seeming lack of a road map and actual unwillingness to communicate are what's ultimately going to hurt him in the end.
Fan backlash really hit a point when started polling his patrons which lead to Caroline getting two updates while nobody else saw any new content. That upset me -and others- greatly. It showed me that he doesn't care about his other characters, just the one that keeps the largest number of fans happy. It would have kept EVERYONE happy if he stuck to his original plans. I wonder if he's learned anything from the backlash.
Some things he's done well and some things not so well. And some things were utter garbage, like the Twins scenario. That was an example of why polling the patrons hardly ever works out for the best.
Like you, I hope 0.7 not only happens but has a significant amount of content to make up for recent deficits. Sara's my favourite too.
It was nothing personal and I respect your view point. I just see it as him garnering so much ill will in one year after years of good success as not unreasonable. Bethesda had decades of goodwill built shattered in one year with Fallout 76. The reason is when problems arise people want to see how you respond in both cases the devs never acknowledged their shortcomings and proceeded to pretend everything was alright. CDPR is creating possibly one of the most anticipated game releases this decade with CyberPunk 2077 it was slated to release next month but got pushed back to September, while people were disappointed and were grumbling everyone came to accept it because they explained why. ICSTOR does have high quality in terms of rendering and models I'll give him that but this isn't 2 or 3 years ago where he was sitting at the top, there's a small handful of devs who have reached him in all those regards in quality and are able to release 2 to 3 updates a year so saying him taking a long time because of the quality is no longer a valid reason.

A lot of the people in this thread who are spitting venom at him once upon a time were supportive of him, when he took his break they were understanding. It's when he came back and started missing deadlines and stopped communicating did the contempt start. Your just made of a different cloth and are more understanding which isn't a bad thing to be honest. I think he should have taken longer on his vacation tbh since the decline started after he came back. If he added another 2 months and told his backers he really needed that then after everything they've been through recently I'm positive they would've been fine with that.

Acesaw

May 11, 2017
what i hate about IC is that he put the game that he made half way on hold and start a new game instead of trying to finishing the one he started. i know 2 games that is on hold. this 1 and paradise something i forgot.

Reactions: Gasanvar

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
what i hate about IC is that he put the game that he made half way on hold and start a new game instead of trying to finishing the one he started. i know 2 games that is on hold. this 1 and paradise something i forgot.
Your mistaken this is ICSTOR's only project. If your referring to Midnight Paradise that's developed by LewdLab. If it's not that game then it's still some other dev. As of this point all his past games are done Milify City is the only current game he's working on.

xde333

Aug 21, 2017
did you grab the envelope off the cupboard next to the door in the therapists office? It's pretty easy to miss.

With Sara if the argument was about grades then you need to use your computer and use webcam to talk to her.
Ok all Good thank you

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
Why don"t you create a new topic called "Icstor delay discussion" or something similar and discuss this all you want? Mods said that discuss about the "Game" not the "Delays". Don't get me wrong. I did discuss delay and icstor here. I am no innocent here. I am just saying that going againts mods won't end pretty. They always win.
It's being done under the off topic thread for MC here

https://f95zone.to/threads/milfy-city-off-topic-discussion.38466/

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
I understand this game is one of the best, and it still doesn't fit the 'abandoned' tag criteria.

But I think it is unfair not to be transparent that the game isn't really getting updates, that maybe the developer is 'gaming' the system, releasing minor stuff every now and then to keep the patreon support.

It is unfair because there are lots of good and more active developers underfunded, that could be getting it instead.

Despite this 'unfairness', rules need to be objective. And, for now, they are respected. But that does not mean that they shouldn't be updated to be more fair. And I think people in the forums should be able to give their contribution to improve them.

That's my 2cents

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
I am trying to understand why this "Abandoned" tag matters so much on here. Unless the dev announces publicly it is abandoned, it is still active and delayed, right? If the game is labeled as such and the dev issues an update, will the tag be removed? Does this tag serve as a warning to anyone looking to start the game and enjoying the content already available?

Mo.
I think more than anything it shows the devs willingness to communicate to their patrons. Take that and add the number of patrons they have, and you get a clear image of their work ethic and respect for the people paying them. In this case, it seems not much at all.
Since he made Q&As on his patreon it can't be labled as "abandoned". Still don't know why it matters this much in this forum to tag it.
Why it matters, look at my reply to Moroboshi, as for the Q&A it was the end of january. Since then there has been 0 public updates about the games progress or anything.

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
Why it matters, look at my reply to Moroboshi, as for the Q&A it was the end of january. Since then there has been 0 public updates about the games progress or anything.
Still not 3 month. I don't defend the dev here btw. I couldn't care less since I get it for free anyway.

Reactions: CptRexx

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
Still not 3 month. I don't defend the dev here btw. I couldn't care less since I get it for free anyway.
Exactly. The question I asked was whether we will put the abandoned tag or get the update first given the lack of communication from Icstor. Personally, I try to put out at least a simple update once a week or so just to let anyone who stumbles upon my page sees I am doing something.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayneDoe

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Exactly. The question I asked was whether we will put the abandoned tag or get the update first given the lack of communication from Icstor. Personally, I try to put out at least a simple update once a month just to let anyone who stumbles upon my page sees I am doing something.
Didn't he say he'd do a Q&A every 2 weeks? Yeah, so much for that.

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Didn't he say he'd do a Q&A every 2 weeks? Yeah, so much for that.
No Q&A so far so there he lied and broke his own promise (not surprise), on Discord the mods dont even know anything about the progress or even if icstor is alive the only thing they know is that he is online, He hasnt say jack shit about this new update progress on discord or in Patreon since the disaster update that took a year to produce and yet there was a delay of a month for so what he sayed "2-3 animation to render", idk where this guy is going with this but it starting to feel like he will disapear one of this days with the patreons money just like Aortta. The lack of communication by his part his starting to bring the patreon to calling him out cause they are paying him to produce something and they are seeing this like a lootbox where they will invest and clueless of what they gonna get.

S.T.A.R.S.

Oct 28, 2018
If what people say about patrons forgetting their subscriptions to dev is true. Then we have a long way to go before his patrons numbers significantly decline to make him worry. I think its the first time we dont have any previews for the upcoming update.

3.70 star(s) 412 Votes